Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
This podcast is so good. It's like The Complete Guide to Everything but the hosts like each other. I've listened to episode 300 and up.

I'm also in Indy whoa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Today I realized how lucky I am to be able to listen to this podcast multiple times a day.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
This last episode (348) is super funny, including the depressing sobriety rant.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
It's always existed.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I didn't think reading the wiki could make me laugh but

quote:

Rants and Raves

15:50 – Seth reads through all of Adam Sandler’s films over the past 5 years and says “No.” after each one of them.

http://uhhyeahdude.com/index.php/wiki/Episode_252/

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Have I posted in this thread before?

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I think episode 67 (24:40) is the first time Jah becomes Aaron Neville and it's conspicuously not mentioned on the wiki. It's right after he does Randy Newman singing about Jon Lovitz as Picasso.

Every time Jah sings is a glorious time.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Yeah, listened to that last week and it's incredible.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
He also does a Neville Led Zeppelin. Forget the episode. In the 200s I believe.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

dvorak posted:

All he would have to do is normalize the audio, which should be something he definitely knows how to do. It doesn't really bother me though.

Actually, normalizing is bad audio practice and would in no way guarantee equal loudness across episodes. It is possible that he could raise the gain by hand though.

It also doesn't bother me.

crimedog fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 7, 2013

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

Damo posted:

UYD Episode 82: Nap time, Jew.

This was one of the few moments in a podcast that I've listened to at work that's made me have to get up and go somewhere else to laugh. Jah's laughter is infectious.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Oh no, I only have one archived episode for tomorrow. :ohdear:

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
How do you make chocolate?

Well you see, first you take chocolate. Then you add white milk. What you end up with is a delicious drink.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

dvorak posted:

Well to be fair to Miss Teen North Dakota 2009, there is lasagna in lasagna...

God, she has the perfect eyes, for this one thing ...

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Take that poo poo to your space library.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Did they talk about James Bond in the most recent episode (366)? I listen to so many episodes including the new ones that they mush together in my head. Either way, I was just listening to Episode 141 and they talk about James Bond and Quantum of Solace and his catch phrases.

JethroMcB posted:

"James Bond is a secret agent who gets mad laid. His catchphrases are 'I'll be back,' and 'Fuggedaboutit!'"

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Normal, the date is the date of recording.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
The WTF episode left me feeling bummed. I realized how much I like their show and how amazing their chemistry is together. I would be down for a dollar a show donation.

This is a little E/N, but I was also listening at my day job and, whether this is true or not, I thought that I won't ever get recognition for my creative pursuits.

They did seem to have a sense of humor with the whole situation though.

New episode is great. The New Adult segment was hilarious. Adult penises are near you. They're asking about you.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Crazy, that was the first thing I listened to today as that's where I am on my reruns.

Anyway, the intro to Episode 145 is amazing. M83, Jah says it's 11:11 and asks Seth to make a wish. Seth whispers, "It came true."

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I finally dipped into and finished Seth's Corner a few weeks ago. First of all, it's amazing. Second, the self shot and narrated pyro video is insane. Third, I've seen the first part of the first video so many times because it auto plays after a video is done. It's the one where the guy points his finger in George W's face. It really sets the stage.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Yeah, the download link wasn't set correctly on the feed itself.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
You know an episode is going to be good when it starts with Parade magazine.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I really like "fire klutz".

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
One of them is in the 170- 189 range. Cheech is asked what Chong gave him for his birthday and replies that he smoked it already. Seth goes on a huge rant about how everybody smokes weed now and if they smoked the weed of today, it would kill them.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Can you please not rape my grandmother?

Also, (different) episode 176, Seth compares a bird crashing an airborne plane to a Roomba running into a Transformer and destroying it.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Episode 199: Jonathan tells the story about a crazy drunk couple at an airport. Girl takes off her sweater is like, "I'M HAWT!" They eventually sit down behind J on the airplane and the husband is trying to get the wife to calm down. "Baby, they will throw you off this plane so fast ..." in Jonathan's amazing Dr. Phil/Hank Hill voice.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Episode 234 : Privacy with consent, ejaculate is best.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

dvorak posted:

314 was an amazing episode. Jonathan realizing that he will be the worst, most passive-agressive father, but the best balls-hanging-out-of-sweatpants-crazy grandfather.

I've almost looped back, and I can't imagine a better way to have spent the better part of 400 hours of my life.

You'd be a good father. You'd be a great grandfather.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Yeah, the current title is off putting. I actually slept on this show way earlier because of it. (A year or more?)

There was some choice quotes on the new one:

The sexual politics between Man and WoMan and Drifter.

Lots of tots and tater loads.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
UYD: We laugh, so we don't cry.

That's pretty much the point of the show.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I somehow missed the story of the tied together kids on the escalator on my first play through.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
262 is a good one I just listened to.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

Binowru posted:

I forget, did anyone ever turn all of Seth's Clips into downloadable files? Would love to get my hands on 'em if you got em.

http://uhhyeahdude.com/media/seths_corner/

Right click -> Save as ... :confused:

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I really liked the observation that flying in a plane is an insult to God.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
They've been killing it lately. I told Roma that on his birthday.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

SaxMaverick posted:

I think we got here, and we were all so like just like so ratchet from like being on like a gross boat forever that like we couldn't do poo poo, and they came through and totally kicked us down and as soon as we got our legs underneath us we just started loving, just just pinchin'...

They said let us help you, you stupid white people, god you look like poo poo, let us help you, we live off this land, we have many words for love. And then they did, and the second we had a few nights sleep and had some food in us, we got our grind on.

WHY? THEY DID EVERYTHING FOR YOU!

That second paragraph is so incredible. Great ep. Loved the embarrassment part too.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Nuh Uh Girl

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I listened to 325 again today. One of the strongest episodes on my re-listen so far. Near the opening, Jonathan brings up the dancing guy who puts money in parking meters and later Seth calls back to it and suggests that we're not allowed to do that because They want us to turn on each other.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Wait a minute serious question.

Anybody Here Murder Marty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

CaptainJuan posted:

In a sub-100 episode j - dog talked about falling in love with a hope flower hippie dancing ASL interpreter at a grateful dead tribute band show.

Is this different than the story in 392?