Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

It looks to me like the Facebook post regarding WTF/UYD has been taken down, and there's nothing on his website. Is it still happening? Looks like the tweet is still up, as I remember there being a short clip from the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

My favorite segments are where Seth does a play by play of lovely standup acts.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

SeventhSeven posted:

yelling out random poo poo... Awkwardly.

Everybody's gotta chime in

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I really want to see either the 1987 Haverhill HS yearbook superlatives or footage of the 1987 Haverhill HS talent show with the "Hunksty Boys" singing Paul Revere. Somehow I don't think either will ever happen.

Rusty Kettle posted:

It was great to see Seth shed a little tear when he talked to a guy in the meet and greet line. He was a cancer patient who told Seth that the podcast helped pull him through the most painful treatments.

:unsmith:

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Can somebody explain how having a different inside joke title that only makes sense/is only funny in the context of the show is supposed to attract new listeners?

Late.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Is there no episode this week because of Iceland? I don't remember them saying anything last time.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I poo poo the shower

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I think this was a TV pick recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXAFP6kSiT4

Almost as entertaining as fat babies on Maury.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Jonathan is a lovable doofus, but boy is he an rear end in a top hat in real life. Off the top of my head I recall him flipping a poo poo at Starbucks, in traffic at an old man, multiple times at the bank, and recently at his neighbor after she tried to confront him about his dogs making GBS threads in her yard.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

RustyTrombone posted:

Here you go buddy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihOhfDYkzmQ

I'm set up to process videos again so if any other pals think they have some gold moment they want archived for easy sharing hit me up!!

If it hasn't been done yet, could you do that bit with all the mobsters that got busted (Fat Dennis, etc.)? No idea what ep.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Tall Pete is probably short.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

psychicsecession posted:

Jah's utter contempt for people who bring their own lunches to work is really bewildering

It's pretty funny to me that these two grown rear end men can't/won't cook anything. There was an ep a while back with a survey or something about cooking a meal for a first date, and they were both completely disgusted by the thought of stinking up the house with food.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Todd Forklift posted:

I cant find it on Weck's wiki, but does anyone remember the ep where Seth reads that story about the guy whose "car went into overdrive?" So good.

Your car did what? That's not a thing, sir

It's in the 2008 compilation, if that helps at all.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

They got Gerard Butler into the studio for episode 300.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

http://youtu.be/nguAYekFbZo

From episode 236 at about 12:30

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Can the youtuber make a clip from the Harvard Manimals bit in 274?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I remember last time this came up that one guy talked about how he had seen a lot of addicts and he could see that Seth was high on meth just by looking at his eyes.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Amy's response in the latest ep was pretty much "nooooo thread don't kid yourselves"

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Anyone else going to the SF show? My wife and I will be there.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

At the SF show Seth was visibly nervous/excited at the beginning. I'm pretty sure his hands were shaking. After the first couple cards he got in a groove.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

TheFallenEvincar posted:

That reminds me, I was watching Blade Runner earlier. Cult classic. :smug:

Before my time.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Bolek posted:

yea guys lets get into it how his crows feet doing how bout the hair color oh yea what about the love handles lookin a little big doncha think hmm yea hmm

It's pilot season, dummy.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

This reminds me of when Jonathan explained how Mars is red because it used to be hot and earth is blue because it used to be cold but now they're switched.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

That's too bad

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

The Facebook group is really unfunny and people pretty much post Fark articles. I haven't looked at it lately but I imagine they enabled this.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

It wouldn't be a UYD group without month old memes

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/picasso/2868073

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

shadow puppet of a posted:

I am really impressed with how perfectly UYD-like UYD has been in handling the influx of money.

1) Promise Merch
2) Get Money
3) gently caress Up Merch
4) Apologize for Merch
5) Let people know that this time, Merch is finally on its way
6) Jah takes a two week vacation over Merch-related stress
7) Seth carries on his mission breaking down America into notecard sized bites
8) Make no mention of ever getting a few video-episodes produced
9) Halfheartedly mull over doing something 'special' for a milestone episode, end discussion on a non-committal note
10) Ultimately change nothing

You could have given them millions, they'd still be back-dating the uploaded eps, dealing with Seth's apartment noises and promising eventual t-shirts. What a magic duo.

How mad are you about this podcast

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Another late-night Seinfeld appearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=984VkHzXl8w

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

SF show was solid. Jonathan embarrassed himself multiple times.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

strong bird posted:

Whats the opening song on 492

Call the voicemail and ask

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I hope someone tells Seth the good news about Remy

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Binowru posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think every Marcia ep still begins with "My name is Jonathan, this is Seth, and this is Marcia" or something similar.

Thanks to the power of technology you can record at two different times and then merge them later.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I liked the catfishing stories. Something about how elaborate and over-the-top the fake identities are makes the stories great.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

This is like the third time Jonathan has offhandedly mentioned that Miles Davis liked breast milk and I have never read or heard that anywhere else.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

The vegan segment was really good.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

bango skank posted:

515 up y'all.

New Seth Clips as well

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Why do people keep spelling it Jonathon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

The last few episodes have been great: Chang and Ang, the Ask Amy where the sister fucks her friend while the brother is in the room. I think there were a couple other good Ask Amys recently.

Also, is the Hall and Oates song outro supposed to be written from the perspective of a child predator?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVNOQh8shjk