Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
New listener to the cast, coming over from the interview on wtf. I love having new podcasts where you can listen to the whole back catalogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
My brain is scrambled from listening to both recent episodes and working my way up from 06 so I have no idea when this was.

I think it's a hilarious observation that in 10-20 years time, tats are going to be the complete opposite of what they once were.

It's going to be fascinating seeing how teenagers view them.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Are the servers down? I can't seem to get any back episodes?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Yeah thanks, it seems to be up again.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Still trawling through back episodes, is podcast alley some an 'opt in' sort of website the top 10 seems incredibly random?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Being a very recent convert to the podcast and trawling through the back episodes, I have a question for long term fans.

The funniest parts of the cast for me are the bits when seth pretends to defend awful stuff that happens in florida (or where ever). Obviously I'm a new UYD listener and relatively recent goon.

Was the florida gif in any way related too UYD or was the internet just in agreement back then with all the ridiculous stories coming out?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
gently caress me I some times feel so guilty for laughing at these awful stories. The "naked tickler" cracked me up.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
You have to be really on point with that sort of humour. Even so you would have thought that people that went to the show would be fans (or maybe some of them weren't).

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

^^I really don't get why they have such terrible fans. People on their forums can be really lovely and unfriendly and it seems the opposite of the laid back nature of the show.

Like I said earlier, this type of humour is very hard to pull off. You need to be laser accurate and witty.

People that aren't this, just come across as idiots/bigots.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Seth's story about going to the tv rating thing where you have to move the sliders left and right was hilarious.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Red_Museum posted:

Just heard him talking about it in episode 60.

Now up to 64 which is the best. Jonathan's Down's Syndrome clarification, list of gay bands and the guy with no arms and one leg police chase.

“He is one of the best drivers I’ve ever seen in my life, but he’s the worst person I’ve ever met.”

Yeah it was this one, I'm trawling through all the back episodes.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

Just wondering, how the gently caress do you guys explain this podcast to friends you want to get into it?

It's really weird how first impressions are every thing. I remember skimming the thread titles looking for new things to listen too.

I just skipped UYD because I looked and the "no gay poo poo" in the title and took that out of context.

I downloaded an episode of smodcastle (or what ever it's called). This was around the time of the unrest in egypt. The episode started with them talking about loving fleshlights and how one of the guys ones was running out.

They then discussed how they had no idea where egypt was how 'funny' that was. I just thought "yep that's enough of that".

Jippa fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jun 26, 2013

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Random thing that made me laugh today. The story about some doctors assistant that bit a kids shoulder when he went in for a blood test.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Rusty Kettle posted:

kept on asking me questions like "do they always talk about this kinda stuff?" during the kidnapping segment.

This sounds hilarious out of context (I'm still working my way through the back episodes).

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I love the episode where jonathon is joking around with seth at the start about not turning his mic on and recording episodes with out him.

Then jonathon's mic is off for the whole thing.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Please tell me there are photos on the web of jonathon with an 80's perm.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Just listened to the story about jonathon getting chased by the parking guy with a golf club in front of a bus load of models.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Quite funny the letter that calls out jonathon for being a "hippycrite". He loves tuning up cars and starbucks etc.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Just got to the episode where the oldest woman in america hates jonathon. For some reason that really got me going.

Also seth putting on some weird high pitched voice as well. The whole thing is hilarious. :D

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
As a non american it's content like this that makes me love america even more. This week in florida is still my favourite part.

I love it when seth pretends to be some crazy child molesting psychopath and says "Listen....."

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
UYD: Day time DUI.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
UYD: Boy cunts to the front of the line.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3560758

Seth is a wise man.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
poo poo gets real when jonathon calls out his old school mate for being drunken creep at that party. That is the first time I've heard it get personal like that.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jul 29, 2013

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Cervixalot posted:

Was this in the most recent episode? I think I somehow missed that.

So with Jonathan in Iceland for a few weeks, are they going to be dipping into the archive of recorded episodes? Here's hoping for some Marcia lost eps...

133 I think.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The funniest thing is Owen Wilson's mum making sure the whole neighbourhood saw her dead husbands penis being wheeled out of her home on the gurney.

Genuine wtf?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Ah gently caress lol.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Still ploughing through the back catalogue, my favourite thing currently is the Institute of health or what ever it's called?

Such amazing stuff. 5 year study on why transexual thai sex workers take drugs etc. :D

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
"Honey I'm a SCIENTIST, I'm going to have to spend 5 years in buenos aries".

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Why do men prefer sex without a condoms? I need $500k and 5 years for an answer?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Sistergodiva posted:

I think the best rant is somewhere around ep 85 maybe, when Seth talks about how fun halloween is sober.

Also, the episodes not downloading on my phone is seriously screwing with my workouts.

Seth's rants about being sober are the best.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
It's so weird seeing them on video when I have spent hundreds of hours listening to them only.

Seth sort of has a teddy boy (not sure if that translates to american but GIS it) hair cut which is pretty funny. :)

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Beeez posted:

Wait, this person only just realized UYD is negative tonally and Jonathan and Seth are egotistical? The whole podcast is about poo poo-talking everything that isn't specifically to their tastes and acting like everyone's less awesome than them, Jonathan said that himself in one of the 2007 episodes IIRC. I mean, it's still funny so I enjoy it most of the time, but I don't know how this person could think that's some big secret they've just discovered.

Exactly. They get away with being arse holes because they are charming/funny. It's hardly some huge revelation.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
What is your point exactly?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Has seth ever talked about who is favourite comedians are? Like it says in the OP he has a really specific delivery.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Ha ha I only realised recently how much every one hates robin williams.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Really enjoying this weeks episode. Loved the bit about being embarrassed.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I'm still working through the back catalogue. There is a gem of an episode where they talk about some baseball game in philly where some off duty cops teenage daughters get intentionally puked on by some rowdy fans. I was pissing myself while driving down the motorway just now.

Later on seth gets really annoyed that ashton kutcher is listed as one of the top 100 most influential people in the world.:D

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Ha Tony it's cute seeing getting into it so hard. I was exactly the same a few months back. You get to a certain age where discovering new things you really like becomes pretty rare.

I've been listening to the latest episodes and the back episodes at the same time and I'm still not up to date (I think I'm in around 2011).

Jippa fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Oct 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Have fun :)