Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzaHLVDVVcE

I LIKE LIFE SO MUCH BETTER WITHOUT MY RITALIN

I swear I think about this story at least once a week. Usually more.

I'm sitting at work giggling incessantly at "Naptime, Jew"

Holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
We're trying to build things up here, Mandy, not tear them down.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

peter banana posted:

Jonathan bringing it right out the gate with opinions about lady drivers

888-842-2357

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

I can't stop laughing at "I can't get this picture out of my fuckin' head"

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

SeaborneClink posted:

whats going on with uyd.com did Jah smoke all the hosting money again?

Why are you hating on the new layout? They finally added a link to Christian Marriage Issues and Canvas Tote Bags for Men!

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Beeez posted:

I wish there were more clips of Seth breaking down To Catch a Predator on Youtube, or a big compilation like the Craigshouse one.

Seconding the gently caress out of this. I'm listening to all the episodes in reverse order and haven't gotten to any TCAP clips yet.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

I'm not sure Seth even knows what Super Mario Brothers is.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Damo posted:

Man I love Seth's Clips so much, but why is there so much loud audio buzzing in the videos? I've only watched the first 5 or 6, but they've all had this loud buzzing sound problem. It's not during the whole video, but comes and goes -- mostly it occurs for the first few seconds after transitioning to a new clip (the "channel changes").

Or does no one else hear it and my computer is just being weird?

It's not just you. It's kind of annoying, but whatever. It doesn't bother me all too much, considering a lot of the clips are included because they get weird at the end.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

I just dropped cable and was browsing channels to figure out what # was what channel. I jus stumbled upon Celebrity Name Game...
:stare: There is no exaggeration from Seth. What a train wreck.

The way Seth describes the show makes it sound like an SNL skit or something. Hard to believe it's an actual game show. I've been meaning to watch an episode, but Seth's recaps are enough for me.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
holy poo poo guys it's blatantly an act/joke/sketch

am I being hosed with right now

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

peter banana posted:

yeah, but when will UYD actually host the AVN awards?

Do they say the ridiculous names of the films at the actual AVN awards? How do they not burst out laughing?

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Man, the first paragraph of that story made me believe -- just for a second -- that this was the work of Sir Johnathan Lee Riches.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

I can see that the words he's using here are English, but they're not making any sense together. What the poo poo is this?

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
Anyone recognize the song in the 449 outro? I'd ask my Cell Phone but I won't be around speakers any time soon.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

ohreally posted:

Holidays by Gonjasufi

That's the intro. I'm talkin' about the outro, dog.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

flesh dance posted:

re: 449 I can't tell you, but whoever it is has listened to a shitload of Slowdive

Yeah, the way I described it was "Mac DeMarco covering 'Machine Gun' by Slowdive". It's bugging me because it's been stuck in my head all day.

EDIT: I asked Johnathan on Twitter but who knows how often he checks that.

Jerry Seinfeld fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 19, 2015

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSwvQsMY2Bs

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

flesh dance posted:

Wow, the Slowdive influence must have worked the opposite way around. For some reason I was set on thinking it was a more recent recording.

Yeah, I was pretty dead-set on the assumption that it was a recent recording. This is some proto-shoegaze poo poo.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
Setting a reminder in my phone to make a YouTube clip of the "Nobody wants to see balls. That SUCKS / BLOW YOUR CAT" segment. It's the perfect introduction to the show.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Beeez posted:

Is there anywhere where one can see what the To Catch a Predator decoys looked like? I'm listening to the awesome compilation, they keep mentioning the creepy "Jack Osbourne"-looking one and now I really want to see what they're talking about.

Watch the Murphy, TX episodes on YouTube. I believe she's the decoy in the first Murphy episode. I always wondered why they hired her as well, she doesn't even look like a child. She's just short and frumpy.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

DaveKap posted:

Does anyone know where Weck's Wiki is? Is it down because of the recent fuckery related with old episodes going offline? Did they mention this in a recent episode (I'm catching up) or is it a mystery? I heard them mention "stuff is hosed and we're sorry but it's fixed" but not specifically about the wiki. I primarily ask because I wanted to know the opening song for 449 but I don't think I can survive not having a wiki to confer for craigslist mentions.

Also nobody on reddit knows *shiver* but I had to ask because it seems like there's no real central place for UYD fans to congregate.

The opening song for 449 is right in the description for the episode: Holidays // Gonjasufi

If you're looking for the closing song, I did some digging and found it a few weeks ago:

EDIT: Also, I believe Weck's Wiki has been merged with the archive: http://archive.uhhyeahdu.de/

If you click each episode, you can see Weck's entries at the bottom.

Jerry Seinfeld fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Apr 7, 2015

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
IIRC, Weck's Wiki stopped updating around the mid-300s, so maybe there's just no entries for the episodes you're looking at.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
Hey y'all. I hosed together a feed for episodes 1-199 1-300 using the archive that I tossed on some lovely free webhost. It seems to work on the iPhone Podcasts by pasting the link into Safari, but let me know if it's busted and I'll look at it.

http://uhhyeahdudemirror.comeze.com/uhhyeahdude.rss

EDIT: gently caress it, I added more eps (200-300) because they were easy. I can't test it right now but they should work.

Jerry Seinfeld fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 8, 2015

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

A several of the files have been unplayable (ep 85, 88, 75, 73, 63, 120 and 133 supplemental). Don't know if it was a problem with Downcast or something was up with the files. The rest have downloaded correctly. Thanks!

Fixed it up. 133 Supp wasn't even in the archive so I just deleted it. Give it a refresh and try it again. Thanks!

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Riptor posted:

What the gently caress point was Jonathan making

I've asked myself this a lot throughout the show

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Jippa posted:

Nooo

uhhyeahdudemirror.comeze.com/uhhyeahdude.rss

is down?

Yeah it's probably the janky free webhost I'm using.

If anybody has a better, more permanent webhost they want to host it on, I can send the RSS feed over.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

The Learning Channel

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Rat Flavoured Rats posted:

What's a reliable link for the old episodes currently? I had a previous one but it no longer seems to be working.

http://uhhyeahdudemirror.comeze.com/uhhyeahdude.rss

Looks like it got deleted due to inactivity, so I reuploaded it. If anyone has a more stable host that they'd like to upload this to, that would be rad.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
They also advertised for adamandeve for a month or so. Not sure how that ended up happening.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Crankit posted:

Is entourage australian, I remember them mentioning that but otherwise no, I do remember early on in the show there was general energy drink discussion wasn't there?

The show was Summer Heights High. They were still on their HBO sponsorship when they were plugging it, I believe.

efb

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
I haven't listened to 460 yet, did they announce this show I stumbled upon?

http://www.boweryboston.com/event/875729-uhh-yeah-dude-live-boston/

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Anonymous Robot posted:

Why is Jonathan at e3 and please tell me Seth is there too

https://instagram.com/p/4CdrcbHE8j/

I can't even imagine the panic attack that Seth would have upon entering E3

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
I just listened to an episode from 2008 where Seth jokes about his "9-year-old brother," and he mentions his 16-year-old brother in the last ep. So either he actually does have a younger brother, or he's accurately aging his fictitious one.

Although I remember him talking about being an only child in one of the Marcia episodes. Who knows. I hope his twin daughters and his adopted grandson are doing well.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

SpermaticCord posted:

Its from 444 and for the record I think it was "act" every time said, not move?
444 also has Seth raging about Gyllenhaal not getting a nom, dope ep.

I think that's the only time I've heard Seth gush about a movie like that. He's praised actors plenty of times, but not films.

Which is justified because Nightcrawler was a great movie.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

a starwar betamax posted:

Dude.....there's been people ITT that are confused as if Seth is an act or not.

Oh man...when goons were trying to explain why they thought that blatantly staged video where Seth flips out on the cameraman was real...no words.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

shadow puppet of a posted:

People often proffer the advice to save the drama for your mama, well this podcast has the highest level of mama involvement, so I'd check out now.

I hope we get a new Marcia episode soon.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

This is crazy because I just got to ep 67 (working backwards) and he talks about this sketch. I'm pretty sure it's the only time he ever talks about it too.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
Hey y'all, add this to your Podcasts app if you want episodes 1-300 :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/n09f8yy7by5r5tt/uhhyeahdude.rss

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Odddzy posted:

How do I make that work? I'm really really new to podcasts.

I only have experience with the iPhone Podcasts app, so if you have that, just go to My Podcasts, click the little + sign at the top left, then Add Podcast, and paste that link in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

the alpaca posted:

You're talking about a 38 year old who has a hard time with any word over 3 syllables.

also "figure" (figger) and "all of the sudden"