Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

brainsforbrains posted:

is anybody going to the boston show on saturday? im so pumped, i could play a trumpet with my cock.

you just made an UYD/achewood crossover joke and i want you to know that i could play your cock like a trumpet right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
I really love Seth saying Coby Teeth instead of Toby Keith.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
I'm halfway through the ep but Jah yelling "MUTUAL MASTURBATION IS A HORSE" after Seth abruptly switched from Weed/Horse/Mind's Eye back to the Craigslist thing fuckin' destroyed me.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
515 was excellent. Gonna dig into 516 tomorrow. The boys are really spoiling us with the two episodes per week.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
i'm lyle lovett, i've got your mom's underwear on, rreeahhh

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Ep 521 was so good that Seth remarked at the end that it was a particularly good episode, which I don't think has ever happened before?

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
gently caress, really? Raleigh's only a three hour drive for me and the shows are nearish to me and my girlfriend's anniversary. That sucks!

Also a couple days ago I drove almost nine hours from Boston to Richmond and back episodes of UYD made it so much easier. God bless these boys.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Grabbed the spiritual palm reading shirt. I like the design, but can anyone recall what specifically that's a reference to?

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Strap in for Jonathan doing a ketamine depression study y'all.

Seriously, the phone call in the middle of #569 was really interesting. How has Jonathan not been diagnosed with ADD? He's constantly skipping around when speaking with the people at the clinic; his sentences never end the way he seems to intend when he starts them. I really hope he follows through on this, I'd love to hear about him going through a psychiatric study based around ketamine.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Oh yeah, I know he's mentioned before that he could've/should've been diagnosed before, I'm just surprised that it's never happened.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
So it wasn't announced on the show, but UYD is coming to the 9:30 Club in DC July 22nd. Tickets went on sale this morning. Get up on that.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
currently sitting in the 9:30 club waiting for the DC live show to start btw

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Show was extremely good. A full fuckin' two hours long, too. I wonder if live shows will be longer to incentivize Patreon donation. I hope so. Line to meet the dudes was crazy long and slow moving so we dipped out and I left a voicemail on my way home thanking them for an excellent show. Definitely gonna listen to it when it goes up. If you for some reason aren't already giving to the Patreon this ep will probably be what converts you. It was really funny.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Seltzer posted:

I had to google this because without context it means nothing but why would a gaming tournament invite UYD? Don't quote me on this but I'm almost positive they've bashed on E-Sports before.

They were invited by the Valve guys who had them over to try out the VR stuff. It's mentioned in the DC live show (again, donate to the Patreon to get the ep, it's fantastic).

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
625 ruled both for the junkie talk and the Pizza Insurance bit, which was the hardest I've laughed at the show in a while.

The bit near the beginning of 626 with Seth deciding he really wants vegan butterscotch pudding and Jonathan deciding absolutely out of nowhere that the pudding Seth made tasted bad because he didn't put enough sugar in it is so telling of both their personalities. Seth is manic and prone to obsession, Jonathan is the ultimate self-assured armchair expert who has no real reason to assume he's right despite doing so constantly.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
different things can have the same name sometimes, it's true

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
It's perpetually fascinating to me to see how Jonathan thinks. His ADD is incredibly bad sometimes. During much of this past episode he'd get going on a jag and then audibly pause, forget what he was talking about mid-sentence, and start talking about whatever thought it was that distracted him. He's constantly swimming upstream through his own simultaneous violently-colliding trains of thought. Dude could use medication.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
I'd recommend Stop Podcasting Yourself to people looking for similar shows. It's two Canadian guys, one a comedian, one an ex-comedian, and a guest (pretty much always a comedian), shooting the poo poo for a while and then playing selected listener-submitted "Overheards" (weird poo poo overheard in public). Similarly anecdotally-driven and similarly casually analytical of the collective subconscious, but they're Canadian which has a really subtle influence on one's sense of humor, it seems. Starting with the episodes Paul F. Tompkins guests on is how I got into it, and I'd recommend the same to anyone who wants to try it out.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Jippa posted:

Any one follow them on social media know what's up with new eps?

Jonathan's still in Hawaii I guess? I'm on their Patreon and normally they email with updates but nothing yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Of course Jonathan is getting in on the NFT craze. Why not

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMJXdhHFnGT/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I left a comment about how awful that poo poo is and in addition to a guy asking me if I’m going to cancel video games next (???) Jonathan messaged me to say it was a joke, which absolutely reads like backpedaling to me. Sure doesn’t sound like a joke.