Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Beeez posted:

Did you gently caress him? Did you gently caress his dick?

Everybody loved Pierre, and his big dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Trabandiumium posted:

i like all the episodes

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crescendo posted:

I get it, I hate audiences too. To this day I have never listened to a single live UYD episode. If one ends up in my queue I always skip it.

I just can't stand how the crowds laugh at literally every single joke (and non-joke). It's like an obnoxious sitcom laugh track beating you over the head and pointing out where the funny is. No thanks, I know what I find funny. And let's not forget about the people who can't resist chiming in with their dumb hooting and hollering. People loooove chiming in. Chimos.

I get it, people go to live shows to have a good time and to feed on the energy in the room. People are social and like to laugh together.

That's fine. It's just not UYD. There's a reason why they never have guests on the show or play listener calls. It's called quality control. Other people just ruin the dynamic.

Yes, I'm a sad little person with no friends. :)

imagine a liveshow with audience of nothing but goons

*seth tells a joke*

"I'M CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR MARRIAGE AND YOUR MENTAL WELLBEING"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

they're in New York this week

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CortezFantastic posted:

Hey thread I just saw the boys in NYC. Are you cool?

i also saw the boys in NYC, the late show. it was amazing.

that ask amy question, holy poo poo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Caper posted:

This may be lame but for the wife to say, "Oh... I don't want to fly. I have anxiety issues." It really seems like an effort to nix the Vegas idea because she was planning a surprise party. I mean, it was the dudes 50th after all. If she wasn't planning anything at all then get a divorce lawyer.

Also, great ep. Elijah Wood = celeb UYD fan. Pretty cool.

I, uh, think you're thinking of a different Ask Amy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i'd donate money to the patreon with a specific rider that johnathan has to gently caress up even more things to piss y'all off

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jonathan made a joke about it at the second Gramercy Theater live show, asking if he'd finally reveal why he doesn't speak there.

Seth declined

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i know when I think about uhh yeah dude and what I like about it, I'd definitely want it to be more like Penny Arcade

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

staring at the patreon page repeating "Money money money money money!" to himself

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Caper posted:

I loved his OnStar jokes.
"I'm upside down!" "So? What do you want me to do about it?"
"The car is on fire!" "I dunno. Get out of it."

"Hello this is OnStar, we've detected you had an accident, is everything okay?"

"auaauauuauaauauauuauauauauauauauauauua"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

like seth could handle a controller with more buttons than the atari 2600.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bonerage Inquisiton

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

don't worry i brought more shovels

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

no drama, no games

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

some of you all need to get taken down to the Precinct, get gay arrested

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

peter banana posted:

Whats even the point of having a thread then? So people can read quotes of what was said on a podcast in text, often transcribed erroneously? Cool.

you're right, we should just talk about the seething hatred Seth harbors for his close friend Jonathan Larroquette, and how he's eventually going to stab him in a meth-induced rage on stage at a live event

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Under the vegetable posted:

No one defended him or said that you dolt.

you actually did, because somehow you are stupider than anyone else that posts here

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Being jealous and envious are different. It's hard not to be envious of people who get thousands of bucks a month to talk with a friend about whatever for a couple hours every few days, a thing that is by most standards not very difficult.

it is incredibly difficult to just have a conversation with your friend that thousands of people across the world also find incredibly funny/entertaining, and also do it consistently for 10 years

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you should have given up your "humorless dipshit" gimmick years ago.

unless..... oh no

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

home recorded off the tv with the contents written in code on the blank label in sharpie

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

don't worry, I'm sure Seth will come to accept, maybe even love, his new savior, Rayne Dakota "Dak" Prescott

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rest in Peace Space Emperor Zurlon Tipton :(

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Hey now boys, not only is Jim Bob Cooter a real person, but he's an NFL coach (Lions offensive coordinator)! He rules.

He also once got arrested for climbing into a girls dorm room through the window and sleeping next to her on the bed because he was drunk af.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

That's Ivan. He loves kielbasa.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bollig posted:

Episode 64: They predict Josh Duggar being gross with his sister's.

did they also predict the sun would rise in the morning and fall in the evening

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i can't believe seth smoked crystal live on stage

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Caper posted:

People like that lady or a few in this thread only correct others' verbiage for attention or to assert some moral superiority. If the guy says it jokingly and is obviously not doing it out of hate people just need to stfu

lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

inferis posted:

I still like the show and I don't know why it is controversial to say that Jonathan still has elements of that white hippie with dreadlocks "I don't even see color" sort of mentality. Some of the best parts of the show are when he says some dumb poo poo about race or women and Seth either pushes him to keep talking or drops in the voicemail number.

888.842.2357 this is Jonathan, NOT Seth

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

uhh yeah dude is about building things up, not tearing them down

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

inferis posted:

It's weird how this thread spends so much time making fun of the Facebook group being mostly unfunny sycophants parroting uyd catchphrases but derails any attempt to actually discuss the show critically.

thats what happens when a significant number of people posting in the thread are Dangerously GBS and seriously cry about "virtue signalling" and "muh free speech"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Trunko posted:

Comedy should not use cuss words.

epic gbs guy ftw

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

epic gbs guy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I don't know what you ketamine

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

nerve posted:

i definitely wanna know who the arbiters of cool are though

it's definitely not the people pushing Ed Sheeran, that's for goddamn sure

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Why do you guys keep calling him Jah lol he even specifically talked about this on an old ep how he doesn't like that anymore.

And he does like the podcast otherwise why would he still be doing it 10 years later. I think it's just weird to look at a podcast as a form of artistic expression.

but my personal possession of the show and its creators! why don't they think about me?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Trunko posted:

I hope someday this goofy rich kid will stop using all the cuss words in this free podcast he does with his buddy so I can stop being offended when listening.

cool, handsome gbs guy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Trunko posted:

Thank you

ugly, lovely gbs guy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

gbs guy who sits in diapers and shits in them and loves how it feels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

there was also that story of the two Hollywood stuntmen who worked for like, 60 years, were best friends, did everything together, and both died when they were driving down the highway and someone driving the wrong way hit them head on.