Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nadine Hauklund
May 17, 2002

A boy's best friend is his mother.
I love UYD. It turned from "really like" to true love when I heard the segment "Who's Mommin' Harder?" It is the best non-guest podcast and in my top 3 of all. I've started over at Ep. 1 and am on Ep. 18 and they are still so great.

There are no words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nadine Hauklund
May 17, 2002

I listen at work in the afternoon with earbuds, little treat for myself. A few weeks ago I was listening when I went to use the bathroom and got into the stall and they started with some goddamned Craigslist poo poo and just as I was about to start laughing someone else walked into the bathroom and took the stall next to me. I tried to hold back laughing and kept fumbling for my headphone cord so I could shut off the goddamned podcast because I was getting hysterical and was silent laughing so hard that the snort-laughing started, which made me snort-laugh even harder. I was like "gently caress it, no time to pee, time to leave" and zipped up and flushed the toilet but still couldn't stop laughing until I heard a little voice come over the stall wall "...um...are you okay? Do you want me to get something for you?" Made an idiot of myself trying to explain that I was just laughing at some guys reading a Craigslist ad, but I don't think it was a satisfactory answer.

Ep. 22 last night when they were going on about the truck driver/serial killer that walked into the police station with the tit in his pocket. Oh my god, I about ditched my car laughing.

Nadine Hauklund
May 17, 2002

Fun Times! posted:

Judging from my last.fm account I must have downloaded the latest episodes at the time and didn't get into the backlog at all. Is it really good to start from the start? I don't want to wait a bunch of episodes for them to hit their stride or whatever.
Then again what the hell why not.

That is the craziest loving thing about this podcast; it is FULLY good from the start. It's not even like an evolution of style. They come on with a certain style and it's practically indistinguishable from the most recent episode. That's not to say that the show doesn't change; it's just so consistently awesome. They do so little on current event poo poo that if you weren't paying attention you wouldn't necessarily know what year the episode came from. And even then you can only tell because of which old lady happens to be the oldest person alive.

Nadine Hauklund
May 17, 2002

I think Seth is lying/being insincere about 100% of the time when he's playing dumb. It's one of the most endearing/maddening things about the whole goddamned show. Everything is a loving fakeout! I love it. No, I hate it. No, I love it and hate it no love it. I love it.

Nadine Hauklund
May 17, 2002

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

I'm not upset over it. I actually wasn't under the impression that it was something you get for donating but just sort of greedy mechandising. If I look at it from the former perspective though, that makes sense.

It's like a PBS pledge drive where you get a tote bag and a Sesame Street compilation for your $100 donation. They aren't selling you a goddamned tote bag and CD for $100, they just want to give you something to hold on to, something that has their name on it so you can say (if asked) "I got this crazy thing when I donated to PBS."

I'd donate $50 if I could get one of those UYD Euro-style bumper stickers.