Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

Lincecum, Cain, and pray for rain
Episode 72. The last bit about Barry Bonds and catching a home run ball had me in tears. I'm worried about what I'll hear once I make it up to 89.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

Lol at the argument on ep 89. 10 minutes in and Jah is making zero sense.

This is way less awkward or angry than I expected.

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

DrVenkman posted:

Also, how can Seth be nervous in front of the camera when he's a loving actor? He's clearly all over the place when they do the 100th episode as a video podcast, but it just seems odd to me that someone who performs in front of others for a living is so afraid of well...performing in front of other's for a living.

i just watched this one and had the same feeling. All he needed to do wwas take a seat on the couch, but he was crouched down in that tiny little space for over an hour. I chalked it up to him looking at it as having to do a one hour, non-stop take in front of a camera which might have psyched him out. He's clearly waaaay more comfortable in later eps that were filmed.

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

Drewsky posted:

There are whole episodes later that were filmed? Where can I get those?

not in whole but bits and pieces of the episodes in the 120s are on youtube and he is clearly more comfortable.

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

Communocracy posted:

Why is the site down? What the hell is going on? Has Comedy Bang Bang finally decided to ice the competition?

What's up with the UYD guys never being on or even mentioned by anyone else's podcast ever? I guess there was an episode of Jordan Jessie Go but it never sounded appealing. It's not just an Earwolf thing, since they'll give shoutouts when due to non-Earwolf people. It's just super weird to me that UYD is on its own little island.

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

a pipe smoking dog posted:

In Jah's own words "we do not draw from the same well".

e: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWsnaLIln1c

I wonder how much their egos have contributed to them not being able to actually get paid by someone. I started listening from ep 1 a while back and from the get-go they seemed to have that goal very much in mind. I remember that clip/ep and thought it was directed more at amateurs/fans who wanted some attention, but I can't get the image of Jah firing off an angry e-mail in 2007 to someone he thinks is a fan trying to pimp his own podcast through UYD, when its Matt Belknap or someone else from a major publishing/producing group and Jah just failed to look up who that might be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

Lil Jon Galt posted:

YOU LOVE FRIESSSS DONT YOUUUUU???

That wasn't one of Seth's stories after he went to Pittsburgh That One Time and mentioned the city for the next 4 or 5 shows was it? Because drat.