Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I just laughed out loud when I realized that the main reason Seth doesn't eat meat is probably because he's terrified of germs and not for any political reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

It's because they hosed up his order every time and the only way to get it done right was if he wrote it down.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I had the classic blt lays and they taste EXACTLY like a blt. It has a lot of lettuce type flavor in it.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Did you guys notice the passing mention to Jonathan's iPhone? He obviously just didn't want his number out there anymore.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Seth always acts like he's dumber than he is and Jonathan always acts like he's smarter than he is.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Y'all better be live updating throughout.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Al! posted:

As someone who listens to Jordan Jesse Go I want to say that everyone hating on Jesse is correct, he is a pompous, racist rear end in a top hat who has a funny friend and gets really good guests.

Can you give some more details on the racism claim?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

If you actually listen to the Penny Arcade episode those guys were just colossal dicks. I actually thought the episode with UYD went pretty well and from what I've heard from all parties they actually liked each other and the vibe was just weird because it is paced wildly different than what the UYD guys were used to.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

"Black people don't eat poo poo that doesn't taste good."

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I do love the tiny glimpses of Seth getting real that we get like when he talks about how he smoked crack once. It's so rare to hear him say anything personal.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

add these:

-refuses to talk at one vegan restaurant
-works (worked?) at a dispensary
-crazy ocd/anxiety
-no cell phone

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Seth will do it until he dies or starts drinking again.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

but at the same time if they cut out at the top of their game we can instantly iconize them and the podcast

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Marc Maron ran into Jah last week. He talked about it in the intro to the W. Kamau Bell episode.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Hey America, are you cool?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...abc7_story.html

quote:

In all, 51 percent of Americans now express explicit anti-black attitudes, compared with 48 percent in a similar 2008 survey. When measured by an implicit racial attitudes test, the number of Americans with anti-black sentiments jumped to 56 percent, up from 49 percent during the last presidential election. In both tests, the share of Americans expressing pro-black attitudes fell.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I still can't believe they covered his senatorial appointment in one of the first five episodes.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

It was actually episode 11 they give a shout about 27 minutes in.

Actually that whole episode is great especially when they start throwing shade at disabled people.

inferis fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 1, 2012

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

snicker's charged, pack of newports and a playgirl. do you have matches?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

GobiasIndustries posted:

In one of the episodes, Seth was talking about a website where you could look up specific words to find out if they were a part of any cities, landmarks, etc. (the specific example he used was the word negro); does anyone know what website this was? I could have sworn I had it bookmarked, but I can't for the life of me find it.

geonames.usgs.gov

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Jah quit smoking and took poppers instead.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

dvorak posted:

Yeah, but now because both of those things are not even slightly relevant, listening to them all in 2012 made it especially funny. They started the show before people other than just students were up on facebook, which is crazy to think about.

I think both of them were already on the outs when the show started. I think they intentionally talked about podcast alley for years after it was practically dead

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

So Jonathan was pretty casual when talking about driving while blacked out drunk.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Jonathan is going loving crazy. He talked about driving drunk the last show and was clearly wasted on the NY one and then he told his wacky pop music conspiracies.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

LA is absolutely not navigable without a car and he was by himself. If he went to Taco Bell in a cab he would have mentioned that because it would be loving crazy.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I only mentioned that as part of him also being wasted during the New York show and telling his crazy theories on pop music.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Pretty funny when Jonathan talks about how he's cool with someone knocking out a trans woman right after considering volunteering to stop that exact thing.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I never expected them to have a show in Portland since they did Seattle already but I'm really excited.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I'll be at the Portland show with my partner.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

bango skank posted:

Ever since that bit of information came out, whenever I go to a new dispensary I wonder if it'll end up being the one he works at.

I believe this is the one.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/california-compassionate-care-network-los-angeles

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

hmmm. the name sounded familiar because another comedian mentioned he goes to the one seth works at in a joke. maybe i got the name wrong. i guess a lot of them have really similar sounding names

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Did Seth ever comment on the whole James Deen situation?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

He talks about James Deen all the time though

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

but nothing tops ultimate drumming technique

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

This is in the context of Jonathan doing that horrible ching chong voice only a few months ago. They (mostly Jonathan) say some bad stuff sometimes and I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing that out.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Isn't making fun of the desire for inclusive language sort of proving the point? You sound like the old dudes at my work who complain loudly about how we can't have fun at work anymore whenever we have a sexual harassment course.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I still like the show and I don't know why it is controversial to say that Jonathan still has elements of that white hippie with dreadlocks "I don't even see color" sort of mentality. Some of the best parts of the show are when he says some dumb poo poo about race or women and Seth either pushes him to keep talking or drops in the voicemail number.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Like that joke wouldn't even be funny unless you understood that what Jonathan is saying is terrible

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I guess this thread gets triggered when anyone even implies that anything these two might have ever said anything that could be possibly problematic. I wish we could discuss this without you getting so emotional.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

It's weird how this thread spends so much time making fun of the Facebook group being mostly unfunny sycophants parroting uyd catchphrases but derails any attempt to actually discuss the show critically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

What do you expect from someone who is completely irresponsible with money who has a massive safety net and rich parents