Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night
Gruber is just trolling Dan Benjamin now:

http://daringfireball.net/linked/2012/05/19/harmon

Stutes fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night
Dan is apparently going to record a 5by5 'State of the Union' later today.

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night
If Roderick on the Line ends, I won't even need to have a podcast app anymore :sigh:

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night

:(

At least he confirmed he's not done with OS X reviews. And we may get one more Siracusa County episode.

Stutes fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 18, 2012

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night

Kangra posted:

I remember him mentioning that, although it wasn't so much, "I can't wait to get rid of that show" as much as "there are some shows done for money, and some done for love". I'm pretty sure he said at that time he'd never not do Quit. Dumping Geek Friday was probably just a business decision. Possibly the same thing with increasing ads in the Incomparable (though it seems to me that Jason Snell is negotiating those).

In case it was missed (mentioned in the ROTL thread and the original is archived now) but the YLNT finale (part 1) is up.

Dan isn't selling the Incomparable ads - that's handled by Lex Friedman, occasional panelist and also the guy who does the ad sales for ATP, The Talk Show, and many others.

http://podlexing.com

Dan might be taking a cut to cover bandwidth costs, but I doubt he's forcing them to include ads.

Stutes fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 2, 2013

• Locked thread