Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Does Lauren mention on the CBB Ep how much she hates being underwater?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I know she and gabrus talked about it on last week's high and mighty. She said it was the hardest scene by far.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Has her fear of water come up before? On Threedom maybe? Seems familiar but I can't say I remember hearing about it. (I only listen to a handful of H&M eps)

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I thought the movie was surprisingly good for what I expected. I also appreciated that basically the first thing Lauren does is call out Spades ludicrous hair

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Not gonna lie, laughed a fair amount during that silly film. Maybe not as much as reading the Letterboxd review that complained that Lauren’s character was too wild and she should be more like she was on Big Bang Theory.

Also:

https://twitter.com/jessica_stclair/status/1262921161157103617?s=21

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Chalk me up as another who ended up enjoying a middling movie thanks to LL knocking her role out of the park. It also made me laugh thinking how the people who were maybe shocked by her language and behaviour would keel over if they heard some of the truly outrageous stuff she can come out with on podcasts.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm just happy when people even just attempt to make flat out comedy films, because it doesn't seem to happen much anymore. Everything has to be a Mark Wahlburg family light drama with a few comedic scenes these days, rather than joke-joke-joke.

I liked that Missy didn't spend forever setting up the situation, and then went from conflict -> resolution in the space of about 5 minutes and credit rolled out. 90 minutes long, perfectly fine job.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
I watched for Lauren, so I fast forwarded through the 10 minutes between the first date and the plane ride and honestly didn't miss anything I wasn't able to figure out through context.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I’ll definitley check it out this weekend. Also the first time I heard the Zouks/Daly episode ending when he confronts him. It’s so funny.

Andy. “My name is Dalton Wilcox!”
We’re here because we love you. We’re not taping this episode.

Episode 148. It just killed me.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

soggybagel posted:

I’ll definitley check it out this weekend. Also the first time I heard the Zouks/Daly episode ending when he confronts him. It’s so funny.

Andy. “My name is Dalton Wilcox!”
We’re here because we love you. We’re not taping this episode.

Episode 148. It just killed me.

I still think about the serendipity that was when my gf at the time was visiting from out of state and we had to take a long car trip so I loaded up all of Andy’s CBBs for the drive. On the way home, I noticed the new episode was also him and put it on and it felt like the greatest pay off of all time.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
That was the first or second Andy Daly episode of CBB I listened to and that bit still had me doubled-over laughing. Even without knowing the backstories, it was amazing.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Everything about the moment including when Scott is like “why are we actually looking out towards the window?”

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The glitchiness of calling in really did Maria no favours. She's great on Bonanas.
She abruptly bailed on HH too. I wonder if she gives herself a hard out at the hour mark or something.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Teenage Fansub posted:

She abruptly bailed on HH too. I wonder if she gives herself a hard out at the hour mark or something.

With that HH ep, Sean couldn't connect to the Zoom call for the first 15-20 minutes that they had her booked for

even in quarantine, people can still have a schedule

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Since it happened twice I thought it may have been a mental wellness thing to leave when she felt like it.

edit: \/ I'm not criticizing or trying to belittle her. Sorry if it sounded that way. Obviously it could have been anything. I'm mostly just a bit bummed about her feed being so garbled in the ep that it seemed like she couldn't participate that well.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 14:22 on May 22, 2020

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Meh for the HH one I'm pretty sure they mentioned a few times that they only had Maria for a set amount of time. It didn't feel like a bail. I'm fairly sure she probably just either had something else to do at the time or just only wants to give some much time. I hadn't heard the Bonanza one. I only get the free feed. That's not to say it isn't a mental illness thing whenever it happens to anyone but she seems like she's more on top of it and aware than most people, even mentally "healthy" people and probably wouldn't just bail. If anything the remote setup seems like it's less of a time commitment than going into the studio and doing an episode or two.

I mean who knows? But it could have been a lot of other plausible reasons and I do feel kinda bad that she gets tagged as "crazy". Not to say "crazy" is the term you used or meant at all but there's still that stigma and using such a loaded word I think high-lights it. She's been open and honest and has managed her issues well and has been extremely successful considering (and maybe partially due) to what she goes through. I have a lot of respect for Maria and I think it does a disservice to define her or blame her actions based on that part of her. She gets to because it's "hers". She gets to own it and by being so open and upfront about it she should get a pass. If she comes out and say anything has to do with her mental illness then fine.

I do feel like most of the time when this is brought up it isn't being judgmental. I don't think there's any malice in the mentioning of it but it does just continue to define her and limit her and intent aside still psses judgement.

So maybe it was some mental issues. Maybe it was another podcast she had to zoom into or an appointment. I dunno. She is a woman maybe she got her periods.

Sorry I just woke up.

[please note the line about menstruation was a joke designed to emphasize the point.]

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

From the Good Tweets thread:

All I can see is the lovechild of Dalton P Wilcox and Paul F Tompkins in this picture.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Have people corrected Scott about who flew the lolita express? It seems the sort of mistake that would garner thousands of tweets.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Urge to write LOLITA EXPRESS on the side of the Mr. Microphone car in the Simpsons episode intensifies.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Oh Hell yeah, Rodgers is bringing Dar to the party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_eBYPuYlY0

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Now I have my improv podcast

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Was Dar allowed to bring his beasts into the studio? He does have ferrets, after all. They're thieves.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Lmao at ego quickly changing the subject during the script read when Rogers was bringing up Sarah Palin and vaccinations

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
kinda checked out of CBB the past few weeks but the latest one is good, especially Matt Gourley's podcast AI character

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

SousaphoneColossus posted:

kinda checked out of CBB the past few weeks but the latest one is good, especially Matt Gourley's podcast AI character

oh gently caress me I didn't realize that was matt gourley until now, I thought it was some female comedian and I was in awe at how good they were at doing a robot voice :doh:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Maria Bamford's audio was rough in early COVID times, but someone (I assume Gourley) fixed it and it's like she has been saving all of her comedy for an overdose injection and on the most recent Bonanas for Bonanza, she is just shattering me with high energy callouts.

Also goddamn, Hodgman and Reese are the best kind of mediocre CBB guests in that they just let PFT troll Scott and then open up the Gourley floodgates.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Gourley on today's CBB is an all-timer.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

CBB has had a legit robot guest before right? Like Deep Mind came to the studio a few years ago.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

you mean the iBrain?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Pretty sure they mean Little Buttonpuss.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Mr. Squishy posted:

CBB has had a legit robot guest before right? Like Deep Mind came to the studio a few years ago.
Good One

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It was around the time Watson won Jeopardy, and it was just a single segment with Scott and the robot, and it wasn't very good. I've been trying to look it up but not coming up w/ anything, so I'm reconciling myself to the possibility that legit robot podcast guest was just something I dreamt.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
I think it was an ad read for some kind of Microsoft AI. I can't remember the name, but I remember it giving Scott a "yaaaas queen" to some question he asked it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The promotional spot with Microsoft's Zoe "social AI"? (I think that's what it was called.)

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
But does this Microsoft AI have anatomically-correct genitalia?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

feedmyleg posted:

But does this Microsoft AI have anatomically-correct genitalia?

Well technically by the time they were interviewed, Little Buttonpuss didn't either.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
Scott can't keep getting away with this.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

The promotional spot with Microsoft's Zoe "social AI"? (I think that's what it was called.)

Was this the one that became a Neo-Nazi after a few hours on Twitter?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Pretty sure that's every AI that trains on internet data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

The Human Cow posted:

I think it was an ad read for some kind of Microsoft AI. I can't remember the name, but I remember it giving Scott a "yaaaas queen" to some question he asked it.

Yeah it was a promotional spot and sucked and made it seem worse for hearing it.

Kind of like the CAH reads Paul F used to do on Spontaneanation where he very clearly hated the ad copy and conceit of the “wacky cards to make you funny/bad!”