Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Best cake boss appearance ever. I need to know the backstory to this, PFT seemed legit caught off guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I guess after Cake Boss's name was thrown out there, there was some rapid texting and PFT was free to phone into the Zoom call for a few minutes.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
If everyone's recording remotely now, it means that Classic Jarles has been trapped alone in the Earwolf offices for months.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Ya gotta laugh

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That description has me very excited.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I was just thinking yesterday that I missed the Calvin triplets!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Not sure they really thought about how Gilliam’s film sounds when its title is read out loud.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Today's lineup us pretty great

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

A very happy Monster gently caress to everyone!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Are they not running super long ads on the regular feed anymore? I just noticed my Stitcher feed and my iTunes feed copies are the same length.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I was hoping for the Washington Monugents to cheer me up this week.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Just in case you listened to the latest (excellent) episode with Aunty Donna and was craving more (beautifully) racist-against-italians comedy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkx1FbldYyM

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

“You might know my next guest as my ex-girlfriend”
”ugh”

Also I guess they’re just not bothering to release ad free versions to Stitcher Premium anymore?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

”ugh”

Also I guess they’re just not bothering to release ad free versions to Stitcher Premium anymore?

I still find that joke cute.

And I'm glad I've been too poor to join Stitcher. It seems like a poo poo show of an app.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"

EL BROMANCE posted:

”ugh”

I’m getting the ad-free version on Stitchrr Premium just fine, it has “Ad-free” stamped on the blurb if that helps

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

I’m getting the ad-free version on Stitchrr Premium just fine, it has “Ad-free” stamped on the blurb if that helps

It finally dropped about two hours ago. The ad-free version was unusually late.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
It's so bizarre how late sticher episodes are being uploaded. I think a bonus How Did This Get Played was like 3 days late a week or two ago.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Consummate Professional posted:

It's so bizarre how late sticher episodes are being uploaded. I think a bonus How Did This Get Played was like 3 days late a week or two ago.

I got that one day-of with the unofficial RSS and was surprised that there was a delay.

Same issue as everybody else this morning though, nothing but Gino loaded before about 11 AM.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JethroMcB posted:

I got that one day-of with the unofficial RSS and was surprised that there was a delay.

Same issue as everybody else this morning though, nothing but Gino loaded before about 11 AM.

Perhaps because Gino is the only working person left? Who knows what other interns they have slaving away

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, it's been bad even for Stitcher the past week. Everything's been extremely late. Bonanas didn't show up until a couple of hours ago for me.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Late podcasts are extremely first world problems, but also means pods don’t load on home wifi before I leave for the day.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I haven't put my top 10 together yet, but I think One Last Heist is probably my favorite episode of the year. So good.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Well this is a new one for me...

Works fine on their site, have logged in and out of the app. Been doing it since yesterday. I think I’m the only person who is perfectly happy with their app, so they had to go and break it for me.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
The Stitcher app has been really lovely for three days now. I couldn't get CBB to play for hours on Monday. I couldn't get HH to play on Tuesday. Haven't even hosed with it today.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It seems something always happens between CBB getting uploaded (which is when I listen to it, as I stick it on at night when I'm in bed) and people trying to listen on Monday morning. Whole thing is very messy, and with Earwolf losing shows I can't see them keeping hold of many subscribers, which is a shame.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
Trying to start listening again after a couple years off. In the mean time I'm revisiting old shows.

Who was the guy who always had like a get rich quick/pyramid scheme? One very specific question I remember him asking was, "Okay Scott, if I could just get your social security number..."

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
He had a car dealership with a contest I think

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

kolby posted:

He had a car dealership with a contest I think

The only car contest I can think of is from Norm Hamer.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Is it possible that you are conflating Norm Hamer and Gaul's other mealymouthed character Dr. Peter Fash? That's ya dyin.

I may also be conflating them both with Doug Gropes, financial advisor.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
I love you guys. It's Doug Gropes and all of that guys character, whatever his real name is

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
It's Ryan Gaul. He's a treasure

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

kolby posted:

It's Ryan Gaul. He's a treasure

he and drew tarver are extremely funny together on bajillion dollar properties if you've never seen it, its free streaming on pluto tv

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
If you haven't listened in a while def check out Drew Tarver's Memphis Kansas Breeze episode. I think it's 616.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

"Is JK Rowling there, because she's a TERF?"

Christmas special starting out strong.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

kdrudy posted:

"Is JK Rowling there, because she's a TERF?"

Christmas special starting out strong.

Till Ego showed up. Does anyone think she is good? I honestly don't get it. She is the worst guest by a country mile. I was so excited when Chief showed up. Hello gumshoe!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Skyarb posted:

Till Ego showed up. Does anyone think she is good? I honestly don't get it. She is the worst guest by a country mile. I was so excited when Chief showed up. Hello gumshoe!

She's not in my Mount Rushmore of CBB guests, but I think she's better than average, and kind of a get for the show as an active SNL cast member, even if the show isn't as relevant as it used to be. They invited her on the tour, so I assume Scott thinks she's funny too.

I do think it might be fair to suggest she's been pushed pretty hard and sometimes her characters can feel repetitive as a result of frequent appearances, but tbh even the best guests have had that issue at some point or another.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 21, 2020

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
ego is very funny

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Ego's good.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Ego is great, but I say her character was not the best. I did get bored until Chief came in, Gum Shoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Sinteres posted:

She's not in my Mount Rushmore of CBB guests, but I think she's better than average, and kind of a get for the show as an active SNL cast member, even if the show isn't as relevant as it used to be. They invited her on the tour, so I assume Scott thinks she's funny too.

I do think it might be fair to suggest she's been pushed pretty hard and sometimes her characters can feel repetitive as a result of frequent appearances, but tbh even the best guests have had that issue at some point or another.

She is a bad improvisor. She always has an idea where she wants to go and won't let them redirect and absolutely never yes ands, especially when that would have been more engaging and funny than what she wants to discuss. She has the characters that are mostly the same and when other people talk to her there are such huge pauses and gaps as she says "ok umm"