Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
the V in improv stands for vampire. as we all know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JethroMcB posted:

Scott has had zero patience for sloppy character premises lately, especially from vets like Dan and Paul Ruddst.

Dan needed to start accusing Scott of grabbing his penis.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
C+ Episode.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Any word on why they haven’t done a Halloween special in some years? Are Messmore and Buford unavailable?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I think Scott just wasn't enjoying it. He can listen to Paul say a clumsy portmanteau forever but got sick of visiting suicide house.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah and the one year he did a Halloween thing that wasn't suicide house everyone got mad at him. But also Gelman really might not be available since he hasn't been on the show in forever.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Yeah and the one year he did a Halloween thing that wasn't suicide house everyone got mad at him.

I remember at the time this seemed to be it; he was kind of like, well look you didn't like what I tried and I'm not going to be bullied into doing a specific thing, so gently caress it all

which I agree with!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I really enjoyed this episode. Kurt and John were really good, and honestly it was nice to hear Kurt talking about losing his mother in a way that somehow managed to fit the spirit of the podcast. They all managed to jolly on a sorta legless concept. And I'm always down to listen to monster gently caress.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Yeah and the one year he did a Halloween thing that wasn't suicide house everyone got mad at him. But also Gelman really might not be available since he hasn't been on the show in forever.

You never know, celebrities are back!

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

The first year they didn't do a Halloween episode, 2018, Scott did at least have Leo Karpatze come on the holiday episode to sing his new Christmas carol. Actually that was a really good holiday episode, the Peter Griffin concept still makes me laugh to think back on.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
That was also the year we got the incredible video of Wiger performing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH4sXVQ7a_w

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

He's so angry as he sings it, it's wonderful.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

As a huge fan of both Doughboys and Get Made, Monster gently caress is somehow my favorite Wiger bit of all.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

kdrudy posted:

He's so angry as he sings it, it's wonderful.

It was a graveyard gently caress

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Magissima posted:

It was a graveyard gently caress

(They liked to gently caress and suck)

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
My favourite part of that video is Tim Baltz's reaction

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Really loved Jacob Wysocki this week too. The voice, the passive aggressive "Yes I am like many things". All around solid ep. John Lennon has good co-host energy.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Really loved Jacob Wysocki this week too. The voice, the passive aggressive "Yes I am like many things". All around solid ep. John Lennon has good co-host energy.

Any episode where someone is improvising being a computer/ robot just slays me for some reason. Little Button Puss (bring back John Gemberling), the one Matt Gourley did, and the vocoder one ("Oh no") stand out.

Like Wysocki, Gemberling nailed the passive aggressiveness also, anyone that pushes back against Scott is fantastic.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Nov 6, 2022

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Just Chamber posted:

Any episode where someone is improvising being a computer/ robot just slays me for some reasons. Little Button Puss (bring back John Gemberling), the one Matt Gourley did, and the vocoder one ("Oh no") stand out.

Like Wysocki, Gemberling nailed the passive aggressiveness also, anyone that pushes back against Scott is fantastic.

Dr Sweetchat is still my favorite episode of the year. Between that and Gabriel Sardinas, Gil Ozeri has had two of my favorite episodes.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I think Hey Randy might be worth the price of admission of a maximus subscription on its own, what a show. Lily cracking up in the background is a highlight for sure

I've had the phrase "it's the 'michael jordan scoring 37 points while playing with the flu' of sex" stuck in my head for like 2 days now

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

+1, it’s so loving funny.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Holy poo poo the new CBB presents. I’ve not even listened, but the title made me go ‘wait, it can’t be… holy poo poo!’

Good to see a new (presumably) one off appear. More of this kind of thing!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Got me almost immediately with "and musical guest Clayface."

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Most recent closing up the plug bags theme is really good.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
The Shaggy bit killed me

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Few weeks back, but Scott answering the spam risk call early in the episode and it coming back later as Smokeshow Pam Risk had me with a literal lol for a solid minute

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Consummate Professional posted:

The Shaggy bit killed me

Finally listened, not the Shaggy I expected when I read this comment previously.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Gil has been 3 for 3 this year.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

incredible guest

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I saw he was on and couldn't wait to listen.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Nichael posted:

incredible guest

He's the... bane of my existence!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Chairman Capone posted:

He's the... bane of my existence!

Oh no.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Is Gil Ozeri is going to be the first performer to have every one of their appearances show up in the Best Ofs?

Starting to question the credentials of this "Dr. Sivio"

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I did not realize he also did Dr Sweetchat. Incredible run this year.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Oh jeez he was Sweetchat? gently caress

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Oh no

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

A football, genius

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'll randomly think of spider season and crack up.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

I'll randomly think of spider season and crack up.

Feels like it came and went.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

thought it was a fairly ok episode until ozeri showed up and rescued it single-handedly. easily this year's mvp