Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mob posted:

Hee heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

God I hated this one. I liked Rob but mJ was terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He sounded more like Mr Hankey than Michael Jackson.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

moot the hopple posted:

Rufus Wainwright's dad was also a chill guy on the show, but I don't recall Scott engaging him as much in the comedy as he did with Callahan.

Not that I'm a fan or even know much about Louden Wainright III but I feel like it's a little unfair for him to be know as "Rufus Wainwright's dad".

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RandomPauI posted:

I think my favorite Would You Rather was from the live episode where the person decided to try petting a duck a squirrel-snake even though the person was crippled by one ducks.

Which episode was that?

Ep 245 Amy Poehler, PFT, and Neil Campbell

http://blog.earwolf.com/post/67022174134

Edit: Dammit. Beaten.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

I mean, I listen to both podcasts and I remembered but couldn't place it. vOv

Isn't "Judge Judy, and executioner" from the Simpsons?

VVV Actually, I checked, it's from the Simpsons too.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 28, 2013

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Conduit for Sale! posted:

His real voice sounds exactly like Adomian's impression.

People who have never heard Leykis in real life have no idea just how amazingly accurate Adomian's impression is, both in voice and content. It's his best character by far imo.

For reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wASPTV5itlk

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I know! But it's also kind of hard to listen to sometimes.

This, coming from a person who has no problems with the opening scenes of Begotten. Although I do draw the line at Takashi Miike movies.

Now imagine if Begotten had any dialog and that was the voice of god.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

When was that? I don't remember it at all. But I don't remember a lot of things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F1Ax51UdZE

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

I won't be able to tell the difference because I'm about to listen to it on my phone speaker, but this weeks episode is about twice the file size as usual. Might be a better quality encode going forward (or a mistake).

It looks like a higher quality stereo file. I haven't listened either so i don't know if there's anything ing the show that would warrant it.
NVM. Too slow.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vykk.Draygo posted:

What are the practical benefits of the show being in stereo?

I know it would wind up being annoying but I'd be curious as to what a podcast would sound like with the voices panned out.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Poopy Palpy posted:

Really, Choctaw, jeans? I know you know someone who could have told you how to dress nice when you're going to go meet the president.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one bothered by this.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zsinjeh posted:

Speaking of Todd he's on the latest Doug with High, not feeling the other guests that much though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD30GGkaco

He was good on GDWH with Sarah Silverman

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

piratepilates posted:

I half remember this episode of a podcast that I'm pretty sure is CBB but I can't find it and it's really bugging me.

I remember it seemed to have a few guests (more than two or so) and seemed like it was a live atmosphere (may not have been live, but it felt like it wasn't the regular focused studio episode with only one or two guests, so a live show or something like a Christmas episode). The part that stands out in my mind was one of the people on it was a youngish comedian who for some reason talked for a while about being raised with strict parents or something and turning 21 or so and losing his virginity and going on to do standup.

Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about or am I just going crazy in the head.

That kinda sounds like Pete Holmes.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fieryspork posted:

really? i don't know if i've listened to his episode of WTF but when he was on YMIW from what i recall, he talked about how he had a weird sort of deadbear burnout dad who was really permissive and it led to a lot of weird poo poo happening at a young age. or maybe it's just two sides to the same story. i'll have to go back and listen to both, Tommy Johnagin is hilarious.

Wait, wasn't it Jon Gabrus who had the weird dad who goes to clubs and is into drugs and bondage? Maybe Johnagin had something similar, never heard his stuff.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zsinjeh posted:

Scott Aukerman is having a reddit ama thing today in about half an hour (1pm EST)
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/

I hate Scott Aukerman because I'm so jealous of him. Actually, I love him but I hate that I do.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was lucky enough to get an invite to the first show tonight. Hopefully it'll be a good one. If nothing else it looks like a goddamn perfect day in the city.

Edit: aww Solo Polo.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 11, 2014

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rorobb posted:

Well yes, apparently Adam told Scott he would be in the NY live show with PFT (SPOILER: on the next U2 podcast) and then texted Scott one hour before the show "can't make it bro". I know this because Scott spent the first 5 minutes on throwing Adam under the bus.

So the whole show was just Scott and PFT, because I assume Scott figured he wouldn't have to book anyone else. Oh well it was still pretty good I guess, but if I knew I was just going to be hearing Werner / Cake Boss for the 20th time I probably wouldn't have paid for two tickets.

But I'm just a jaded goon so I dunno

Yeah, it wasn't a great show but they tried. I'll give'em that. It was actually too long. I think Scott wanted to make up for the lack of guest so he had PFT pull extra duty and it was a little too much.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Eel hovercraft posted:

Speaking of Adomian and Lapkus, I've been going through old Lapkus episodes that I haven't heard and I just listened the one with her as Todd, Nick Thune, and Adomian as Hoffman.

That sure was uh... something :stare: .

Adomian as Leykis on the episode with Maria Bramford was pretty awesome because she loved Leykis so much.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm only 25 minutes in but I love how all of the references date back to the 70s and 80s.

"Oh, listener, gently caress you."

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 26, 2014

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ha. I know that guy. I haven't listen to it yet. Is it any good?

Edit:You said it was excellent.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

urk the quack posted:

The guitarist in Field Mouse? Tell him they were great on Chris Gethard

Well I don't currently know him. I knew him when he was in a band and I was an engineer years ago.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm a sucker for MIDI jokes.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Oh poo poo, I just realized season 2 of Review probably means another season of the pilot project pilot podcast project.

I wouldn't necessarily bet on that. Jeff Ulric said they didn't make any money off of the PPP. They may risk doing it again and I hope they do but it's not certain.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, that's a good sign for it coming back.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

thefncrow posted:

They already kinda have, thanks to the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project.

I hope Falcon comes back.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah. On twitter, Scott said the new ep drops tomorrow.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ManoliIsFat posted:

He had a huge racist rant on Instragram after getting beat up by a woman at the escalator at the glendale galleria

I heard he called an Asian woman "a bitch."

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GobiasIndustries posted:

I really wish they'd taken video of this one.

I was thinking the same thing. I still love watching Ep 200 on the Earwolf VPN. Seeing Andy juggle all of the characters would have been magical. I would have paid a few bucks to download a video of it.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

Finally, Brett Gelman can buy his way back onto the show!

My guests would be Ben Schwartz and Matt Besser. I'd just sit back and enjoy seeing Ben get put into Confrontation Corner :allears:

For some reason I don't love Ben Schwartz. I have some unnatural bias against him. But I do admit he's got an insanely fast brain and is great at improv and comedy.

I just had to get that off my chest.

Edit: more as an admission of my biases and weakness than any shortcomings of Mr Schwartz.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I loved when Jason asked Scott if he had anything to say to Dabney.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Characs

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beeez posted:

I guess I just didn't realize anyone gave a poo poo about charts.

I don't give a poo poo about U2 but UTU2TM is awesome. Int the end it's just a device to get the ball rolling. Though, for the record, I've never listened to Who Charted.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

Wow it looks like someone actually paid the $5,000 to be on CBB. I wonder which guests they'll pick?

I think I'd go with Horatio Sanz, Andy Daly or maybe Jon Hamm because he's a cool beautiful man

I'm good with all that except John Hamm. His big johnson and good looks and charm would be too intimidating. It's tricky because I could't keep up with anyone I'd pick. Except PFT because I feel like he'd play along with my lack of ability. I'd probably go with Ben Schwartz and Gabrus (Gino) because they're both lightning fast. I'd just sit back and enjoy.

Wait, I'd pick Bono and Adam Scott. It's for charity after all.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Plus Kulap has a good rack.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beeez posted:

It's an audio podcast. Unless you can hear the sound of her boobs slapping together I don't know how they factor into what makes it a good show.

I upsample and convert the files to .wav and then out to the Apogee converters that run to the Studer onto my stash of NOS Scotch 996 calibrated for +9/185nWb. Then listen to the show through a pair of NS-10s (with tissue over the tweeters 'natch). The detail is incredible. Totally worth it.

Edit: 30ips

Edit 2: I just realized how dated all of my references are.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Aug 20, 2014

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I highly recommend watching old Who Charted VPNs on YouTube. Homina homina. Awooga. Wolf with the tongue that rolls out but he gets it back in his mouth in the end.

To be balanced, Scott is a handsome dude and looks much younger than his forty-some-odd years age.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Eel hovercraft posted:

Today's B-B-B-B-ONUSS-S-S-S ep features the triumphant return of Foam Corner, hell yes.

There's a bonus ep? It's not auto downloading. I'll check out the earwolf site.

edit: checks out. C'mon phone, download!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It does sound like a pretty Laos-y doc.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This latest ep makes me nervous. I love Schwartz and Sanz and Interpol but I hate musical guests (except Don't Stop or We'll Die). And Interpol don't scream comedy to me. I hope it doesn't suck.

VVV That's a relief. I had no doubt that S&S could carry a show but I just didn't want Paul Banks to be lame.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Sep 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Drunkboxer posted:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmusical guests,

I thought it was spelled "mmmyoousical".