Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

The_Rob posted:

I have always said that you are not a real Californian if you don't know Huell Howser.

Here in BEAUTIFUL RIVERSIDE, CAliforNIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I Do NOT eat meat

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

ohshititsric posted:

Where's the thingy?

no back up you need to browning-fortune

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Little Blue Couch posted:

It's too hot

You mean you've never slept??

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Crankit posted:

Can I ask you a question, have you ever taken mushrooms?

youre not recording?....yes

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Power of Pecota posted:

I-is my mic off?

SUBARU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I just got back from the live #SDCC COMEDY ABANGBANG SHOW!

Brett Gelman. Jon Daly (the golfer). The Choctaw. live.

Its pretty fuckin great. cool story, i got free tickets on twitter by bothering scott into giving them to me, in a completely nice way guys, dont worry.

anyway, gonna go womp it up like the rest of you clowns.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Deadpool posted:

New No No!

If you're texting in a movie, i can go home and draw a picture of you.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

LesterGroans posted:

Jerrod was great. He took to Would You Rather? so fast, I was impressed.

Wompler and Paul Rust killed it too. The New No No's had me crying.

I love that he was confused about Marissa's mom and SETH both being doctors and living in a condo. Jerrod was great, how dare anyone say otherwise. You get it lester.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Power of Pecota posted:

This is pretty much exactly what I was going to post. Jessica St. Clair and Paul Rust are always fun, but I didn't know about Jerrod at all before the episode, and I'm hoping he becomes a recurring guest now.

For people talking about the drop in quality, I thought 164/165 were pretty blah, but outside of that I've got no problems.

I haven't liked andy kindler since he blocked me on twitter/was lame and that tony clifton episode looked really bad so I skipped em. pretty glad I did.

Outside of those, and some of 163, the show has been great.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Fil5000 posted:

I woudn't say he GOADS him particularly - Goldthwait says earlier in the interview that he doesn't really like going on shows just to talk about his feud with Mohr, but he does on CBB because of the way it comes up. In fact isn't it HIM that brings it up by talking about some other podcast he went on where that was the first thing they asked him?

And yeah, I loving LOVE PFT as Mr Marshall ("Please, call me Garry!").

I loved that ep because it let Bobcat be himself without any preconceived notion of "how he should act" and his stories about his dad were amazing.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Maarak posted:

I think Seth Morris burnt himself out doing that daily ducca-cast, Kroll got his own Comedy Central show, Adomian as mentioned moved to NYC, and Lennon seems to have gotten a lot more work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PayRJfUvK3Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuuHEe3M1Zs

Jon Daly is doing this: http://jondalyisjohndaly.com/

GRIP IT AN RIIIPP ITTTT

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

The Capm posted:

PFT and James Adomian are the only guests listed for me so far but I hope there are some surprises in the wood work.

adam scott and harris wittels will be there. and Ill be there.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Power of Pecota posted:

This was from an old Jason Mantzoukas episode, but I remember Scott talking about one of his scrapped MTV awards intro things for Leighton Meester and somebody else with the joke being that saying their names together in a heavy Mexican accent sounded like something. This is really bugging me for some reason right now, does anyone remember the specifics of that bit?

The leighton meester joke was "its ok to fart" iirc

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

soggybagel posted:

Haha! My plugs theme got used!

too true mon frere

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA posted:

I just did and San Diego is up

It's got classic Brett Gelman/Scott antagonism and Jon Daly, The Golfer Not The Comedian. 15 minutes in and it already rules.

I was there and it was pretty great. You miss Brett doing a Gelmania bit though, which might have made me laugh the hardest.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

The Chip Gardner ep is so perfect it ranks up with Farts and Pro as my favorite, so everyone listen to it again.

and scoobi that is very loving cool.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Mob posted:

No matter where I am or what I'm doing, any time I think of Jason Mantzoukas referring to Garrison Keillor as a cowboy and Andy Daly's Dalton Wilcox (poet laureate of the west) going "What in the gently caress, NO GAWDDAMNIT" causes me to dissolve into giggles

Mantzoukas might be my very favorite guest on the show, because the way he and Scott riff off each other is so loving perfect and funny.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Groucho Marxist posted:

Scott, let me just say great question.

I'm grading your questions and so far you have an A+

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

According to a recent survey, the new secret to a successful Marriage? Taco Night

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Deadpool posted:

I had a problem with it trying to listen to last night's episode on my iPhone. Luckily I had already purchased Downcast on my iPad so I just redownloaded it on the phone and played it through there.

google listen plus cbb rss feed works perfectly too.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

xbilkis posted:

Guess who Adomian did at the show I went to :(

It's funny enough, but I mainly prefer other characters (that is: Huell Howser) because it's basically just Adomian talking about various food items and qualities. It didn't really give Scott or Besser much room to work with. The most interaction Scott had was messing with Adomian's fake mustache (which, admittedly, ruled)

HERE IN BEAUTIFUL MEXICO CITY, MEXICO, CALIFORNIA.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

JayMax posted:

I find PFT to be pretty hit or miss but Cake Boss killed me this time around.

Cake Boss

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

one of my favorite one off characters was Pastor Rhe Holner, played by Jon Gemberling. I said "Pumpin Puss" to a bunch of people who looked at me like a psychopath.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

WoG posted:

What was that street address, again?

672 Orlando street, Daneville, GA, 89943-6025

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Deadpool posted:

Whenever you miss it just put on the first Samberg/Pally episode. You'll get your fix there for sure.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

n8r posted:

Don't be afraid to invite people that haven't listened to the podcast. The standup/improv bits they did before the show were really good. PFT did 10 minutes of what appeared to me to be completely improv'd standup.

I brought my gf to the San Diego show and she had a really good time but she didn't understand why i was laughing so hard at some of the CBB call backs.

So, beware, and don't invite someone you want to look cool in front of, because you will fall out of your chair laughing.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Auritech posted:

Or, Scott Aukerman can call you onstage and humiliate you by smearing lipstick over your face and putting a wig on you, and telling you to take your shirt off. That happened to one guy a few seats from me.

He did that in SD too and it was the best role play ive ever seen.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

It's good when the show falls apart. Because that's when you bring out the girls.

Well if the engineers would stop coating the mics in camel sugar, this wouldn't be an issue.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

COO COO REE COO! COOCOO REE COO!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Popelmon posted:

Hey, Division Post just started a game of Would You Rather in the TVIV forum.
Would you guys be interested in doing something like that here? Each game goes on for 24 hours and uh...no idea how we would chose the host but I'm sure we could figure something out.

tviv is garbage, do one here.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Deadpool posted:

I agree with this guy. If you guys want to do it go for it, just in another thread.

what I meant by here was here in RGD not in TVIV :)

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Guys how do you not know famed actor George St. Geeglund and Gil Faison

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

dog poop n doritos posted:

And to finally answer the question, who IS the most fuckable Huxtable?

Cockroach

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

WHEN I GO TO QUEENS, I HAVE A GOOD TIME

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

ElCondemn posted:

but when I go to queens, I HAVE A GOOOOD TIME

alright we'll take a break. SUUU BARUUUU!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

im so excited for the DnD podcast!!!!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

ohshititsric posted:

So very excited. I've listened to a few recorded DnD podcasts but they always sound like they took place in a wind tunnel behind a waterfall. Hopefully with earwolf's actual standards of production we'll get something real good.

As much as it pains me, I really enjoyed Penny Arcade's DnD podcast, and those guys aren't nearly as funny as the line up for Nerd Poker. I look forward to seeing you guys in the eventual thread!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I know who is going to be on tomorrows cbb.

Amy Poehler, Jason Mantzoukas and James Adomian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

The best part was Amy laughing every time to Adomian going off on some tangent. Also I can listen to Jason Mantzoukas all day every day.