Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
The Auckerman, Thompkins, Lapkus podcast is very funny and good. Looks like it's time to renew that Stitcher account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Unmature posted:

On one of his first (maybe actually his first) appearances when he knocks on the table loving cracks me up.

That's the episode where Scott said 'What is your opinion of who a grip is?' Right? I love that episode.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Tiny and Victor best duo all time

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

cams posted:

psure they showed up at least 3 times

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Sinteres posted:

I didn't like this week's episode very much, but I thought he was fine. The girlfriend character reminded me a little bit of Mary Holland showing up with a one line thing to throw the episode into crazy land, but this was a considerably inferior version of that, and it felt like Scott was doing a lot of work to drag that across the finish line. I should have taken my own advice and hit the next button when it started lagging for me.

I agree and eventually ended up skipping the entire ending cause it was just so boring.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
The shocking truth is already out there: http://www.comediannetworth.com/

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
So I almost got the opportunity to go to the Kansas City show. The reason I'm not going is because my mother in law would have to drive all the way over to us to watch the baby for the night. It's a 4 hour drive and she said she would stay until Saturday night. That's three nights, in our living room in exchange for one night of freedom... Not worth it to me!

I'm bummed, but ultimately I know I made the right decision. Anyone else getting to go?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Oh my god truck birthday party

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Human skin truck baby human skin truck baby skin truck skin truck human skin truck babaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Yeah Ego is consistently very good I honestly have no idea where the criticism is coming from.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Toot Beep Honk Toot

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Lil choices and cronching on sopping wet nachos made me happy lady this year.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
She's amazing in it. You don't see a lot of women going for physical comedy, I guess Melissa McCarthy...

Anyway, Lauren killed it, Hellstar is amazing, I laughed a lot! I encourage you to see it if you are a fan of Lauren's. She worked hard and and she showcases her many talents.

Reviews can be helpful, but when it's a broad comedy, maybe just shut your brain off and enjoy yourself?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I know she and gabrus talked about it on last week's high and mighty. She said it was the hardest scene by far.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I was a big fan of middleditch until he said it was a scary time to be a dude when asked to respond to the tj miller allegations. That was his takeaway from the situation.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
The one as big as me!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I watched the wedding coach with gabrus and he did a great job corralling the problem friend. I really really hope gabrus gets his big break soon because how can anyone that talented not have something. They need to stop getting celebrities to host game shows and get some actually funny people to do it.

Jeopardy with gabrus!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

jeeves posted:

Listen to some Action Boyz to really gain more appreciation for Gay Bruce.

lol that u think im not already

feedmyleg posted:

Gabrus is a brilliant comic, but I think he's the thing holding himself back. As a human being the dude seems kind and empathetic and progressive... but as a performer he seems like a guy who is always going to push things into uncomfortable territory no matter the circumstances.

On a recent Man Dog Pod they made a (loving?) throwaway joke about him that cemented in my mind that no matter how much you might like Gabrus as a person, being around someone who has made a brand out of saying problematic poo poo is not a vibe that other performers are going to want to engage with if given the choice.

I hope the dude finds acting success, but I can't blame anyone for saying, "Yeah, maybe we don't need someone who is going to try to get edgy about race and gender on stage tonight, even if it's satirical..."

and yet they keep eagarly inviting him on podcasts or giving him his own podcasts seemingly as his leisure. weird!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Chairman Capone posted:

And yet the question was not why he isn't a popular podcaster, but why he couldn't break beyond being a prolific podcaster like other people he works with who don't have that as their shtick. Weird!

Sorry if you thought I was being rude towards you. I was really just trying to comment on how all of his more famous friends invite him on their podcasts or shows, or go on his, or start a podcast with him and how they wouldn't do it if they thought it would hurt their career, so he's clearly not that toxic to employ.

And, following that thought, and coupling it with the fact that he has entertained me every week for at least the last five years, I wish he could get a break finally.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

eke out posted:

tbh I feel like the easier answer is just that it's really loving hard to be even a middle-class working actor and you have to get extremely lucky in a variety of distinct and different ways

i think of like, Rhea Seehorn, who is the clear breakout star of Better Call Saul and spent two decades before that bouncing around random roles

Absolutely. It really is this.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

ArtVandelay posted:

Hell yeah, Lapkus

Aww that's so nice! Little comedy people baby.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Rob Lowe was on doughboys and there is a lot of cross.over between them and cbb guests. It hasn't happened yet, but fingers crossed

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Rob Lowe was on Doughboys and it cost them $10,000

In subscriptions? Did they talk about that somewhere?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

mariooncrack posted:

They donated it to women's shelters. I think they only mentioned it on social media. Rob Lowe has done some lovely things in his past:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Lowe#Sex_tape

Edit:

https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/1307397648421277696

I knew about Lowe, and heard about some of the backlash from them having him on, but I did not hear about the donation. Good on them.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I saw a band and apodaca on there as a guest and kind of balked. Is it bad?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Thanks for the feedback! I will give it a shot.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Just listened, it was great. Top shots all around!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Speaking of I would love to see the math that makes a Murphy pool work

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Comedy Comedy Bang

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Inspector 34 posted:

You guys are really focused on the less weird typo in that post. What talent has really festered on CBB?

I don't think I understood the post tbh, did they mean so much talent has been fostered on CBB?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

The World Inferno posted:

Yeah! Like I said, launching pad.

Launching sad is what I'm feeling here

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

SpacePig posted:

I really enjoyed their Netflix show, and am glad Scott gave them a chance to do some dumb poo poo for money. Their CBB episode was pretty good, too.

my brain did the same exact thing, it's late afternoon so I'm basically in a fugue state right now. I actually read the post, clicked out of the thread and came back to read the post cause I was like that can't be what it said.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
next is ben schwartz and then scott will have no january line up

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
000h N000

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Chairman Capone posted:

I lost it at Scott's apologetic "He wants to eat your... there's no other way to say this, your pussy." I thought it wasn't that kind of show!

There wasn’t any other way to say it! What could he do?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
The episode was really funny, but, maybe I am being over sensitive here, the dance mom stuff was pretty gross. There were some really funny parts that I enjoyed a lot in her segment but the descriptions of the “dance moves” as she was talking about a 4 and 6 year old were really hard to listen to. I know it’s all a joke but it still made me uncomfortable!

I still listened to it all though. Idk am I the only one who felt that? I’m not saying that comedian is a pedo or anything like that but it was almost too much.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Oh absolutely! She is very funny, Ele Woods, I was really entertained in like 95% of her segment and then just like aww man that’s so sad and disgusting for the other five percent. Scott and David and Dan all did a great job navigating all of it and reacting to her.

I watched that murderville show wain plugged. It’s good!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

mennoknight posted:

God I wish I was just discovering Andy Daly so I had something to live for

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Muncher on Grinder sounds like a hipster deli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
One of my favorite superego sketches: