Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Yeah Claudia O'Doherty is always fantastic. My favorite guests might just be Horatio Sanz though, especially if he's playing one of his many mostly identical characters, and Brendon Walsh.

I'll add to your hot take: I kind of hate Ho-Ho and just Lauren Lapkus in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I'm just catching up on CBB and am almost done with 457. Crime scene janitor is fantastic! Showalter was pretty alright, but more of just a standard interview.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

VagueRant posted:

Quick, list characters who were immediately funny from their voice:
- Big Chunky Bubbles
- Ho Ho
- Leykis
- Chief (Junior?)

Ho Ho has never been funny.

Agree with the others though, I've been waiting like three years to hear more Leykis. Has Adomian ever mentioned why he doesn't do certain characters as often? I understand not wanting to do those of the deceased, but Leykis and Poehler was such a good episode!

edit:

For just pure funny voice comedy I'd also add Huel Howser (sp?)

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Feb 17, 2017

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Wasn't a fan of these guys. I could see any of them working individually I guess, but all together there just wasn't really any chemistry. More than that the characters didn't really seem all that fleshed out at all. I mean say what you will about Zooks and Scott bullying Andy Daly into ridiculous "Yes and-ing", but at least he's skilled enough to tie everything together in a way that was funny and made some kind of sense. In this episode they just made up numbers and all the sudden she had a gun in her pussy.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

mennoknight posted:

I really like how I pay for Stitcher Premium so I got a repeat of the Ben Schwartz / Horacio episode but if I didn’t pay I would get a new one that’s the mark of a quality service.

Did you ever get the new episode working? I deleted everything on my Stitcher app and it dutifully redownloaded everything else on my Listen Later list, but now refused to download this new CBB episode.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Finally got Stitcher to download this episode. Dalton Wilcox was hilarious as always and yeah, the joke has always been that he's murdering innocent people, it wasn't just introduced this episode or anything, but I guess I get that not everybody has listened to everything so it might come across as just another murdery Andy Daly character.

I love how Andy can stay in character while interacting with the other guests. It seems like a lot of other people have trouble with this, like even if they keep whatever accent they're putting on they'll pretty much just be themselves whereas Andy actually behaves as the character.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
At least Keith played along and participated. Most of the non-improv guests just do the interview segment then sit back silently for the rest of the show. I also like that he mentioned it being the most bizarre interview he's ever done which leads me to believe you guys might be right about his publicist booking him without any idea what the show actually is. It wasn't an all time great episode but I liked it just fine.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Wanna go to that chili cookoff now

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Sitting in a bar having lunch and The Look of Love came on the jukebox. I had no idea this was a real song Tarver was parodying.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Griffin makes a really good guest, I hope they can find more reasons to bring him on other than just The Tick.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
How does the "previous guests include" blurb include Arcade Fire? Was that a particularly popular episode for some reason?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I.... did not know that.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Is it just me or do a lot of the movies that get promoted on CBB get limited releases or straight to VOD? Zooks had one a few months ago too I think.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Yeah that all makes sense and don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to say this is a good or bad thing. I was just making an observation and didn't give it much thought beyond that.

As far as Mantzoukas I was referring to The Long Dumb Road, which I guess was more than just a few months ago, not JW3.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Wtf Netflix? I don't give 2 shits about Between Two Ferns but I decided I was going to watch the movie tonight and it's not available yet. I was promised a movie and now my night is ruined!

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

soggybagel posted:

Just to jump back to that Vulture list for one second, Don Dimello's first appearance back in like, 2011 was when CBB/CDR jumped from a podcast I listened to most of the time to this is the loving funniest poo poo on earth for a stretch. I relistened to that episode a dozen times within a month or two. I'll never forget when he's saying something like "Greek women, very susceptible to addiction."

Peak CBB was loving amazing. I think the first episode I listened to had Andy Samberg and Daly's life of the party character. I remember something about wet jackets for some reason but don't remember the context exactly. After that I was hooked and Andy Daly was someone I actively watched out for in any media (the CBB bump!).

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Yeah that was a great episode! Seems like so many of the non-improv guests just check out when things get goofy but she was awesome. Hopefully she becomes a friend of the show (is that the term for 2+ episode guests?).

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
You guys are really focused on the less weird typo in that post. What talent has really festered on CBB?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Reggie and Lapkus actually got pretty good gigs (somewhat) recently. To be honest I think the only real answer is Auckerman himself.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Rudieeee get the gently caress out

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Finally had a chance to listen to the Dr Sweetchat episode and I'm a fan. Can't imagine that being a recurring character on the level of Cakeboss or anything, but there were many hilarious moments when people were caught off guard with an obvious "Ohhh Noooo"

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Bob Ducca singing Wreckingball will never not make me laugh.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
With Radcliff doing the Weird Al biopic I wonder if they can get him booked on CBB. I don't know how well he'd do but I bet he'd at least have fun with it instead of just sitting silent once the other guests show up.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

mlmp08 posted:

I'm early in the latest CBB, and Ego's energy from the jump is amazing.

I've never been a huge Ego fan but this last episode was great. I'm not super down on her in general, I think I'm just tired of Entree and have been since maybe the 2nd appearance.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Superego is great! Not sure what would be intimidating about it but it does move pretty fast and there is no shortage of Matt Gourley comedy music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
As much as I love Andy Daly and the whole thing with his characters I was very much relieved that this wasn't yet another episode of that. I think it all peaked with a few years ago and they've just been milking that magic ever since. It's still fun and everything but man it's nice to hear other people having a good time with the show.