Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Is anyone else convinced that Reggie Watts is saying "Harrison's Phone corner" in the intro? Scott and guests always seem to notice odd word choices and slips of the tongue, so maybe I'm just imagining things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Andy Daly is a master of "yes, and" and his friends know how to bring the best out of him.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

I love how Matt Besser remembers A Wrinkle in Time with such minute detail that he can describe the ant on the string spacetime metaphor, and yet he was confused by the suggestion "tesseract" on improv4humans.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

When the person in question is a character, yeah, I think it's a parody of a gay man. Does that make me a bad person?

I thought so too, but when I learned that Kroll is a non-flamboyant gay man I began thinking he had this reaction in mind with Fabrice.

Edit: Apparently that was just a rumor (unless Amy Poehler is secretly a man?).

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 3, 2013

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

I like DoggCatcher a lot, but I haven't tried another on Android. I can't think of any feature I want that it doesn't do. That includes variable speed playback, though you have to pay a few bucks extra.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

The best "yes, and" is still nothing compared to a "that's right." delivered by Paul F. Tompkins or Lennon Parham, masters of improv momentum.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Conduit for Sale! posted:

2nd ed best ed.

"THAC0 is wacko" - Hasbro

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

bobservo posted:

I just finished the second 600-page volume of Orson Welles' biography, so it felt like this episode was made for me. Has Adomian never done this character before?

Adomian was hilarious, though the Orson character didn't need a lot of polish. The trail for this impression was pretty well blazed by Maurice LeMarche (Brain of Pinky & the Brain), whom Adomian undoubtedly listened to growing up. But he probably based it on someone earlier, down to Welles' commercials which stand on their own.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i7ycxiog40

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Dec 12, 2012

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

My bet is Orson Wells.

Analytic Engine posted:

down to Welles' commercials which stand on their own.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Beeez posted:

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I like every PFT character, but it seems like he does Cake Boss, the worst one, most while doing the best ones, Ice-T and Werner Herzog, very little. And maybe I'm the only one, but I'd like for him to do Michael Jackson's ghost and Danny Glover again, because those were just totally ridiculous and he was clearly enjoying himself.

"I'm in Heeeeeelven"
I want a cleaner recording of that episode so bad... You've got to have heard PFT over the phone before and be listening carefully to appreciate how funny that bit is.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Maduo posted:

This brings up a question: by the Tommy Westphall transitive property, does this mean Reno 911 and Breaking Bad take place in the same universe?

Was El Cubacabra on Breaking Bad?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC_q9KPczAg

The ultimate stupid callback... except maybe for MY WIFE

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

What a great show, anyone know if the 10 PM one was as good?

And wtf was with that guy Billy who won the raffle, he drained all the fun out of Aukerman's bit.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

ibntumart posted:

What did he do? (Billy, not Aukerman: I'm pretty sure I know the bit if it involves a fake iPod prize.)

He spent every minute upstaging Scott, even trying to take his microphone. It was pretty satisfying to see two of his "jokes" bomb and hear Scott say "it's not as easy as it looks, huh?"

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

About a page late, but on the topic of Christmas music/CBB this downloaded with the backlog of old CDR episodes when I got them ~2 years ago:

New PFT character spotted at 8s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7nNo1la884&t=8

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

How much of @Midnight is prewritten? The show has a pool of comedy writers but the main appeal to me is that the comedians are improvising.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Could be a total coincidence, but I bet Andy Daly was watching Ken Jenning's Jeopardy run in 2004:

http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=41

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Great episode, but Scott's plug for a mystery NYC show is driving me crazy. Can anyone find the venue or ticket link? He said October 12th.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

The Senator Giroux posted:

He said on twitter that the link will be coming soon

Thanks, those shows are always fun

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I just got a ticket to this, and it will be my first event in "The Old Apple" aka new york city. Fellow NYC goons, lets meet up. I'll be the big idiot thinking stupid crap.

Same, I'm in the process of moving there and CBB is the perfect start.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

I came in late and went to the theater with all the noise. "Where is everyone? Did the show end early and kick everyone out?" Was leaving at the same time that the band took a break, just in time to hear PFT's Herzog leak out of that tiny oven room.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

There've been a lot of lame plug themes lately, so let's all take a minute to remember the best:

"Dickey Weaselbottom's Plugtime Rag"
https://soundcloud.com/strangefellowmusic/dickey-weaselbottoms-plugtime

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Loved Scott getting a little annoyed with PFT for breaking down his interview style on the recent episode with Joe Wengert and Weird Al. "He introduces a very interesting person, with interesting discussion, then he immediately derails it by asking the other people who he's already spoken to what they think..."

What time is this in the episode?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

GraPar posted:

If you enjoy Joe Wengert's CBB appearances I would strongly recommend checking out his episode of the generally solid podcast Don't Get Me Started (with Will Hines, coincidentally). His music buying and listening and rituals are disturbingly complex.

A great episode of a great podcast. Joe also bluntly refuses to be interested in Will's minor obsession with the Ruby programming language.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

If you've ever been part of an app launch you'll know how much time, effort, care, and thought can go into a product before the planned release date hits and someone goes "okay you have a minimum viable product time to release it" way before all the important features are implemented.

Offline playback of episodes you are paying for is part of an MVP. This is how Podcasts work.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

a worthy uhh posted:

P*L*U*G*S is still the crowning achievement in plugs themes

It's this one
https://m.soundcloud.com/strangefellowmusic/dickey-weaselbottoms-plugtime

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Paul Zuvella posted:

I'm a big booooooooooooooy.Whatever man, Relax it's China baby. You sound sexy.

Middleditch is similarly awesome with voices and bits on this episode of The Mindhouse Podcast
http://headgum.com/episode/episode-8-thomas-middleditch/

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Well Scott never seems to have a rebuttal to guests telling him it's stupid, so he might be being pressured by IFC to fit their bizarre schedule.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Streaming services need to get their poo poo together and offer another subscription tier that includes DVD extras, or at least commentary tracks.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

cams posted:

i will 30 second skip through an episode if i am really enjoying it but the idea of playing it faster is... gross. can't rationally explain why, but i do feel strongly about it.

How fast do you talk in real life conversations?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

We have some official numbers for Earwolf downloads from this article:
http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/03/18/podcasting-giant-woos-potential-advertisers-with.html

quote:

"How Did This Get Made" pulls in about 350,000 downloads per episode, while "Comedy Bang! Bang!" has about 250,000 downloads per episode, according to Erik Deihn, vice president of business development at Midroll Media. That's good enough to keep those two podcasts firmly in the upper echelon of Apple Inc.’s top podcast chart. Earwolf’s core properties bring in around 10 million downloads per month.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Honestly who cares about ads? Just hit skip four times. If more ads means more shows being produced then I'll gladly hit skip eight or even twelve times. The bigger issue with Howl is the lack of new original series. With Hardcore Game of Thrones and Superego over there isn't much to look forward to.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Hardcore Game of Thrones is incredible (both production quality and content)

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

$70 for meet & greets? :wtc:
The NYC one was a merch table so you technically paid but they'd sign your normally-priced tshirt/hat.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Your honor, I present the following evidence to the court: Season 4 of Arrested Development and Season 2 of Kimmy Schmidt.

Exhibit C: Judd Apatow's filmography

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Thanks, so much great stuff on Scott's Twitter.

https://twitter.com/henweb/status/833275946077736960

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Terror Sweat posted:

man, will hines is great

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

can't wait for this episode celebrating 9 years of CBB, the show with a canon of characters callbacks and in-jokes rivaling the very comic book industry loved by its host (dear boy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Terror Sweat posted:

sean and hayes making fun of this while PFT was on the pro version was jokes

Which ep was this?