Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Flamazot posted:

I listened to the most recent episode today and it was ok, but am I the only one that's never really liked "What Am I Thinking?" It's a fun game to play but I don't enjoy listening to it.

It's only funny if the guests don't understand how its played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Nick Swardson has the Harris Wittels disease where he has no idea which of his ideas are funny and which are not. It's just that his bad ideas are really loving bad.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
They were ok. I'd probably rate Ronna a mustard, and Beverly a pants.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Max22 posted:

I don't even like Tim and Eric that much and I agree. The "4 Quarters of Success" had me cracking up on the bus.

yea between that and popcorn.com I don't get how you can be a fan of CBB and not enjoy at least the first half hour

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

No seriously.
Seriously? We met under a bridge.
It was like 4 Harris Wittles, each corner of the room filled with foam. Best episode in a while.

Ignore this troll everybody. The truth is, we met under a bridge.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

I'm just waiting for a guest to actually have heard it before and say "Barack Obama." To which I assume Scott will say "No sorry, that was Michael Jackson."

Actually, it was Michelle Obama, making fun of President Obama's voice.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Zsinjeh posted:

I'm aware of Who Charted, but I'm not a music fan at all (movie/comedy kind of guy, what a shocker), is it for me?

A big part of the show's charm for is that nobody on the show is too interested in the music either. Howard hates everything except for a few rap songs, Kulap thinks songs are ok if she can dance to them, and the guests consistently have never heard of any of the music, and often needs the song's genre explained to them.

They discuss the song for 30 seconds or so, then Howard brings up a weird factoid about the artist, and they spend the next five minutes discussing whether they would rather have a snaggletooth fixed or take a trip to Italy.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
If like whacking weeds so much, then I'm gonna pay you for it!

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Whoa I just re-listned to that one earlier today.

Claire died in the middle of the jelloem. She got stung by the brown hornet :(

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Hsien-Ko posted:

He did the Tom Leykis character a little on The Todd Glass Show if you wanna hear more

Also wow Condom Jungle is a real thing and his website really is blowmeuptom.com

His site has tons of ads for divorce lawyers too. I guess Adomian wasn't exaggerating much at all there.

That episode was hilarious.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Everything is predetermined, free will doesn't exist, and the concept of improv is a farce.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Auritech posted:

The best things that have ever come out of MadTV are all the stories of misery happening around it (Artie Lange's drug use, Bobby Lee's drug use, etc etc). I had friends who thought I wasn't cool because I still liked to watch Saturday Night Live, but I always found MadTV detestable. Did anyone honestly find that Stuart character funny, for example?

I thought Stuart was funny when I was 12 :( Not so funny after being run into the ground for 10+ years. Christ did they have a low standard for catchphrases and recurring characters.

The early seasons have a few skits that are ok, mostly animated stuff and fake commercials, but yea none of it was funnier than Artie Lange going on a coke binge while wearing prosthetic pig makeup.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

caligulamprey posted:

Grace Jones?

P.S., if you haven't seen the music video for You Look Marvelous, you really owe it to yourself to see just how long you can last:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXydX9p_ZxA

That's surreal. Did people actually think that was funny when it came out?

Billy Crystal's career confuses the hell out of me; as someone who wasn't around for his peak, he's not only absolutely unfunny, but he never seems to even make any jokes.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I'd like you to reprise your role not on cocaine, just for comparison.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Reaching, as always, is a double edged sword.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Here's the commercial recording that the Orsen Welles character was based on, in case someone hasn't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V14PfDDwxlE

"In the depths of your ignorance, what is it you want?"

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Wow guys, Hollywood Nights, huh?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Lauren Lapkus and Joe Wengerle were really funny in that episode, it was a good one.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I'm watching How I Met You Mother and they just totally ripped off the "Carl Sjuinor" joke. I'm real mad.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Vampires! Vampires! Vampires!

I'm saying that cowboy's gonna gently caress a hole in the ground.
We all do it! That's what I've found.
Any cowboy that knows that lonesome hell,
Can fashion a land virginny well.
If a cowboy's seed worked like other seeds,
There would be cowboys growing everywhere across the plains like weeds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYsO6EcuxbM

NotWearingPants posted:

You're both right.

You're actually both wrong, because neither of you mentioned Bob Ducca or the iBrain.

Pretty sure every Seth Morris appearance is him doing Bob Ducca, and iBrain is on episode 35.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Zsinjeh posted:

Are you telling me I've been laughing at an SNL joke all this time on Comedy Bang Bang?????

*dry heaves*

One of the most popular running gags on CBB is a Nick Swardson bit :ssh:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Politicalrancor posted:

Swardson kinda brought back "My Wife" on his album Party.

It's that one, although I've never heard the album. When he was on CBB with Bill Cosby-Bukowski, Scott was telling a story about Kulap and Nick kept correcting his pronunciation.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Hot tub foot?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Vykk.Draygo posted:

There's a human named apl.de.ap?

I have been diagnosed as hard to kill.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

cams posted:

One of my favorite things about Adomian's Jesse Ventura is that it is mostly just a way to get Adomian's very real political beliefs out there!

I think he does that with a lot of characters. Pat Buchanan is pretty obvious, but Dov Charney and Tom Leykis seem inspired by Adomian disliking them or what they stand for.

I almost spit some coffee out when he did the plugs as Pat Buchanan and calls himself "a vicious Armenian human being who needs to be hanged"

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
New episode features David Allen Grier, along with Lauren Lapkus as the woman who sang the America's Funniest Home Videos theme, and Joe Wengenrt as a guy who owns a frozen yogurt shop.

DAG (nickname for David Allen Grier) is pretty funny, I'm a big fan of his Loveline appearances. The two characters were ok, Lapkus and Wengert are funny but the characters didn't go anywhere besides their one initial joke. I did like Lauren just singing the theme again any time she couldn't think of anything to say though (only the first few lines though because she didn't know the rest).

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

Gino, Wompler, whatever Lapkus' intern is called (probably Tracy) and introducing PFT as "inappropriately old intern." Book it.

Tracy is the stand-up comedienne who has trouble figuring out what the deal is with all those old washing machines on her porch.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I miss The Sports Results and The Entourage Recap, personally.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
That's a good list but you should add iBrain, and also Featuring Betty White! (it's the one with Bill Cosby Bukowski)

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

I'm sorry, it's actually Michelle Obama, she was making fun of Barack's voice.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

cams posted:

I did include the iBrain, it's in bold and says (iBRAIN) at the end :)

And yeah, Featuring Betty White is an amazing episode with one of my favorite CBB quotes of all time, "Babies are the original mixtapes." But it was a post Earwolf-era show so it was just out of the timeframe.

On the topic of "THE SUBARU STORY", yeah whenever I re-listen to that episode I skip til when Andy shows up, but I think it's worth the listen on the first time, if only to get full enjoyment out of everyone making fun of Todd relentlessly.

I've listened to a lot of Comedy Bang Bangs for a long long time now.

Oh sorry, i thought "iBrain" was the actual title, and I didn't read all the descriptions.

It really has been a long times. I miss plane breaks :(

And it's "babies are the original mash-ups"

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Please tell me Obama, at least once in the interview, used his famous catchphrase "Hee hee, dah, shamon, anyone got any little boys around here?, dah, where's bubbles?, shamon, where's Lisa Marie, shamon."

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
You know that famous saying, we were walking down the beach and there was only one set of footprints? Guess what I was doing? I was down on the water, loving two eighteen-year-olds at the same time. You don't see the footprints because the water came up and and washed them off the beach. But I caught up in my boat and here I am. you wanna hop on? Because they're still down there.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
"Weird" Al is a funny guy and a good podcast guest but I don't get how people can tolerate his songs for more than 30 seconds or so.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHIegpSmIyw

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

BobTheCow posted:

Hot tub foot?

Hot tub foot.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
where is Would You Rather? where is it

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

PerilPastry posted:

She was awesome on the The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0PaOLuojOk

I am changing, like a butterfly going through that one process

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I stopped listening like 20 minutes in because it was insanely boring with just scott and the timekeeper and i didn't realize that more people were going to show up eventually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
now pretend I'm lenny kravitz. Ok, contest over.