Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
What is the origin of the Gillian Jacobs "sorry" thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
Oh. Thanks.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011

cams posted:

Dabny deserves his own episode dedicated to him.

a solo bolo with just scott and dabny would be amazing.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011

ManoliIsFat posted:

I really loved that old I4H where they basically take you in to a class, and Besser keeps stressing to them to find the deeper joke.

which one?

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

I was just listening to the Todd Glass episode where he and James Adomian talked about coming out and had completely forgotten that Scott is actually a really good interviewer when he's not trying to comedically undercut his guest. Were there other episodes where he did a more straight interview?

the michael ian black ep is like that too

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
hh has become my favorite podcast too

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

Still not a fan of Solo Bolos, but Benny & Horatio is OK with me.
e: that was re: the coming episode.

Also Rob Huebel almost definitely murdered Gary Moore.

How did you know?

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
Dang that would've been cool.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
https://www.instagram.com/p/9baaRBGZ7V/?taken-by=scottaukerman

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
I liked it.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

I hate commercials, but glad that Thomas Middleditch is on a good thing it seems with Verizon. I had to laugh as I have Universo (NBCs Spanish channel) on, and there’s a Spanish equivalent of his adverts but he appears too and asks his counterpart who he is. Double money!

You'd think they'd try to make them funny though.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
But there's just no other way to say it.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
It became foam because Reggie misheard it, right?

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011

The Ape of Naples posted:

To be somewhat fair, as a guy with some forms of mental illness and who has been self destructive from birth I can totally relate. Even if I've never done drugs. I know I'm, as you state, "stupid and self destructive" and there really is nothing I can do about it. I know it's common for people seeing that to say "welp" but, really, we say "welp" as well. You can totally be mad at Harris. I can't speak for him but as someone who's still alive, at least for a short while longer, I'm just as angry at myself as anyone else could be angry at me. " I hate me as much as you hate me". All I'm trying to say is that we feel that infuriating feeling that you feel. That's the common ground.

E: I'm a poor communicator and I hope that makes sense. It's all just gobbledygook when I reread it.

I know what you mean I think. Try not to die!

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
People only comment to complain and there just wasn't anything to complain about about that episode.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
shut up! it was good! everybody liked it!

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
Wait what happened?

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
Yeah I really enjoyed that segment. I was surprised when they said he'd been on several times before because I didn't remember him, but it turns out he was only on once before with Chris Hardwick in 2012. I must have missed that one.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
You guys are nuts.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
I wonder why he ain't using the one that guy what does it did.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
And yet he still felt compelled to completely derail the conversation for like 10 minutes to make his stupid loving Dr. Demento/Weird Al "joke" for the billionth time. Incredible.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
I hate him so much. I hope he dies.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
The Other Two is pretty good too.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
that was such a good episode, it felt like old times

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
Maybe Gemberling too.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
Where was BRett Gelman?!?

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
you look like a hunk of crap

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
oh shut up you stupid florida people

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
i think it is. i don't think they should be allowed to perform separately at all.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
I thought the movie was really good. It had lots of really funny moments, and I thought the overall thing worked with the little group who were friends. and I loved how the refusal of a happy ending was itself a happy ending.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
in the cbb episode with the cast they mentioned something lapkus improvised that they then went out and shot stuff for, and i think that was when she took out the trumpet on the boat, which was for me one of teh funniest bits.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
i didn't think so. i live a simple life lacking in excitement and am fascinated simply to hear people speak.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
maybe i wasn't listening very closely, but the whole time i thought darcy carden and the other guy was mary holland and thomas middleditch.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
ha, yes! i figured that was an inside joke or something.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
i hope some day LL gets to showcase her talent in a movie that is worthy of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011

ElCondemn posted:

One of her recurring characters sells sopping wet rugs out of I think an old pizza place... what exactly is so sophisticated about her comedy that makes this movie not worth it?

My problem with many of the Happy Madison movies is the misogyny also some of the gross out humor isn’t to my liking but otherwise I’m sure it’ll be funny. I like Lauren and I’ve enjoyed many of Sandler and Spades movies.

Like Adam Sandler, Lauren Lapkus is a once-in-a-generation genius with a completely original comedic sensibility and vision, and I hope that she gets to do with hers what Sandler got to do with his.

the Insane Piano fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 18, 2020