Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Just had my first exposure to this podcast with Time Bobby Part 1 and 2, I laughed so hard it hurt. Am probably gonna go straight to the latest and work backwards but are there are real classic episodes I should check out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Thanks guys, to the best ofs I go :)

Edit: It's Been

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 20, 2014

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Laughed so hard at the immediate reaction to the singing

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Yea wasn't a great one. I'm a big fan of Karl Mooney but he was pretty bad this episode. Really didnt seem to have much chemistry with the guys as himself, didn't really go along with Scott on anything and you could tell Scott was trying to involve him at times, his character wasn't great at all either. Whole episode felt a bit rushed.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Franchescanado posted:

He was totally aware of the podcast and he was game, but he wasn't funny. Either he's a master actor of awkwardness and Maybe-And improv on some Tim Heidekker level poo poo, or, more plausibly, he was not good or funny. Fran's character was also terrible. Each had some moments, but it wasn't great. Paul & Neil were funnier just by reacting.

Fran's character could have gone somewhere, I thought they were going to go more into her faking her illnesses or explore the mom making her lie but nope it just kinda stayed one note. Mooney is just probably quite uncomfortable and quiet as a guy unless he's playing a character, he seemed pretty unprepared for the hijinks of the show and when to yes and for someone who obviously knew the concept.

Excited about the 500th, sad Andy Daly isnt going to be on it though :(

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

God those freestyle songs/ rap were amazing

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

scary ghost dog posted:

lil butt n puss is the best episode of the whole podcast

"United flight 93" was amazing

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

ArtVandelay posted:

Thank God for MC Sugarbutt and Chief

Gum...

Shoes

Came here to praise Cart Tart. On the train home atm and his part is easily the most I've laughed so far. He's definitely the mvp of comedy bang bang for me the last couple of years, he's overtaken PFT and Andy Daly imo, I love those two but it's maybe because he feels more fresh

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 30, 2019

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Scott was surprisingly on board for the Gemberling insanity this episode

Also I really like Ego, her characters are hit and miss but I find her appearances almost always good. Haven't listened to any of the live episodes though. She always makes a good duo with Carl Tart too, the "solid as a rock" episode was great.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 25, 2019

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Is there just no money in podcasts now? I saw that Lauren Lapkus has a Patreon now and things must be pretty dire if she needs that to continue doing them.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

So I got some candles and I got some cake

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

I think Ego is hilarious but Entree is played out as a character at this point. Carl Tart just came in and is killing as usual.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Today's lineup us pretty great

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

gently caress sake, I loved Thomas Middleditch especially on cbb too. Feeling pretty bad for Ben Schwartz also.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

That might be the first disappointing Carl Tart appearance, still it's a drat good record. I can't wait till they're back to doing it all in a studio again, it's missing that spark I think.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Breadallelogram posted:

yes, when he and Adomian were doing their Bernie vs. Trump tour

just looked it up, it was episode 399

Speaking of Adomian I really miss him on the show. I was thinking the other day about regulars that haven't been on for a while I wish were back, Adomian, Brendon Small ( I miss Tiny and Vic), Amy Poehler who hasn't been on forever but always got the vibe of the show are a few. Any others that people miss?

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Plus I imagine comedians just end up sometimes doing different things, I dont really know what he's up to atm but it might just be that he's put the improv to the side to focus on other aspects of comedy. But it's a shame because I really loved him on the podcast.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Matt Gourley as Ian Fleming is pretty great too. And Ben Schwartz discovering some things he never knew about Roald Dahl is a classic.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Holy poo poo what a stellar line up. Easily best celeb guest in a while.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

JB Smoove just ignoring Will's bit of the Matrix actually being real and robots being a threat and focusing purely on female sex robots was amazing

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Obv Middleditch is deservedly canceled but the china phone call was hilarious

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

ArtVandelay posted:

I'll admit I was close to giving up on this one before my boy Thurl showed up.

Daryll Whoooooooooo was great

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Ben Schwartz is cursed

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Is it a little weird they're still using the Horatio Sans plug theme at the end of the show considering the allegations?

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Mr. Squishy posted:

"we do this the beginning of every year"
"ever year, you and I get together"
"yeah [laughs] and nothing is different this year"
"nope!"

Man I feel bad for Ben with both Middleditch and Sanz turning out to be scummy people.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Me as the listener desparately guessing what the robot was saying was key to a very funny character. But I found the vocodered nonsense pleasing to listen to anyway, I would have skipped if it was auditorily grating.

Yea I found it funny, I think some of my favorite moments in the show are when bits just start to fall apart and Scott points that out. The actual bit was actually a bit weak though, it was funnier with the guests trying to figure what he was saying.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 3, 2022

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

God even just remembering that moment has me laughing. Whatever happened to Brendon Small? He hasn't been on CBB in a while right?

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

The dance mom was pretty weird but I will always appreciate a comedian that comes onto CBB with a character that goes pretty dark or trying to push some boundaries as opposed to the kind of cookie cutter characters that usually pop up like wacky business owner or quirky weirdo. Uncomfortable Scott is always fun.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Today's line up is fantastic

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Really loved Jacob Wysocki this week too. The voice, the passive aggressive "Yes I am like many things". All around solid ep. John Lennon has good co-host energy.

Any episode where someone is improvising being a computer/ robot just slays me for some reason. Little Button Puss (bring back John Gemberling), the one Matt Gourley did, and the vocoder one ("Oh no") stand out.

Like Wysocki, Gemberling nailed the passive aggressiveness also, anyone that pushes back against Scott is fantastic.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Nov 6, 2022

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Are Victor and Tiny seen as problematic these days? I imagine that's why they havent come back and that sucks.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Today's ep just made me want the Victor and Tiny podcast back

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

God can you imagine if a relatively unknown but actually funny and charismatic celebrity in PFT had got the Late Late Show instead of loving James Corden?

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

:siren: Gil Ozeri guest alert :siren:

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Besson posted:

Also the Gil Ozeri SnapChat era was so loving wild. The last arc in this compilation is beyond bonkers.

https://youtu.be/xPWR9K0HBNQ

This man is a certifiable lunatic

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Phwoar what a line up

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Dr. Sweetchat is really good at negging

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Poor Will Hines is going to get cancelled for his character

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Gemberling and Ozeri really brought the pervert weirdo energy today.

My thinking listening to this episode: "this is all a bit too normal for Gemberli- ah there it is"

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Killer lineup today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Nichael posted:

Stay away from our granddaughter.

Do not, under any stircumstances...