Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

VagueRant posted:

I super like Benny Schwass and remember wanting a solobolo, but man, that first clip of The Solo Bolo they played on the Best Of was kiiind of insufferable.

Skipped right through the loving hollywood facts too.

do you people actually enjoy this show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Do you people not realize Bad Opinion Time is supposed to be an occasional thing?

I've only been reading this thread for two weeks and this is not the impression I got

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

He says it a bunch of times either before the reveal of #1 or after it. And then rightfully makes fun of PFT for not recognizing it.

He did it once on the 3rd Best Of ep too, because I then proceeded to sing the rest of the nate dogg part in my car

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I still don't know what the bolo in solo bolo means

it rhymes with solo

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Has anyone been watching Birthday Boys season 2? I saw like 5 episodes of season 1 but just couldn't get into it (although Pool Jumpers is now one of my all time favorite sketches). I want to like it more but outside of the fat guy and the Adam Scott-looking guy, they kinda all blend together to me.

Bro, really, BOT ended like 3 days ago

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Keeping the Beat is still my favorite of all time...

Hey it's me the drummer
I think drummin's really neat

Sittin' in the baaack and I'm keepin' the beat!

Keepin' the beat
Keepin' the beat!

Yes it's true,
I'm keepin' the beat!

*drumming slows to stop*

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

moot the hopple posted:

I also really liked Michael Ian Black and Michael Showalter's joint, Michael and Michael Have Issues. It probably would've grown into a fantastic show if they'd given it more than one season.

Seconded, plus Jessi Klein and Kumail Nanjiani were great in this as well

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Gargamel Gibson posted:

It's the one with Will Forte, right?

Yep, forte and Leo Allen

I just listened to it two days ago, how weird that it would come up now. It's literally called Jing it or Ding it! so I think that's :thejoke:, also it's a terrible game

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

http://henypire.blogspot.com/2014/01/review-of-kroll-show.html

Some Insane Blogger posted:

In other words Nick's nickname is not just Nick the prick or Nick the dick, but also, Nick "The bottomless checkbook" Kroll.

e: oh god I kept reading and apparently nick kroll destroyed this woman's life?

This Lady is crazy posted:

Very few would have impetus to investigate such a seemingly inconsequential state of affairs. A D-list comic, you can't be serious? Who cares?
But, if one has incentive as I do( because he decimated their lives using deeply dirty tricks,) they will soon see that an endless stream of journalists have abdicated a degree of ethics to wink wink and agree to Nick Kroll's seemingly incessant requests for press and plugs and "impressions."

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 8, 2015

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

WOW this ep was a straight up train-wreck

I still laughed a bunch

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

cams posted:

Holy poo poo, James Adomian's Zizek is loving PERFECT. He is the greatest impressionist of our time.

If you've never heard Zizek, go check out some youtubes so you can appreciate the brilliance.

Seriously, the only flaw is that you can't hear him wiping his nose constantly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXVEnxtZe_w

finished the episode, i don't really think it was as much of a trainwreck as scott or people here thought. i enjoyed it.

oh it was definitely a trainwreck

a beautiful, awkward trainwreck

I loved it

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

...With Special Guest, Lauren Lapkus this week is the Tom Leykis Radio Show

just sayin

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I've only listened to the first 15 minutes and I almost died because it was just Tom telling you how unfettered he is now that he has a podcast and no Radio Overlords, and also pressing every button on the sound board too many times with his fat fingers

you can hear Lauren loving dying in the background trying to stifle her own laughter

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I was a mess the whole ep just thinking about how he put all this work into this show which, unlike 95% of others, got to go out on their own terms :\

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Shnooks posted:

the lesbian schtick.

:dogbutton:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

LesterGroans posted:

Joe Wengert's man's man: great guest or greatest guest?

I'm only at the start of timekeeper, BRAD HAMMERSTONE IS BACK!?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

im so excited for this episode now

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

a pipe smoking dog posted:

This guy, he dropped out after his 1st year of uni because his dad was able to book him as the opening acts for a lot of established stand-ups despite the fact he isn't funny. In fact from what I remember at the time people who had been set to open for big acts would often discover at the last moment that Jack had replaced them, generally after mentioning to him that they had just got a big break.

e: he is funnier than he was when all this went down but he's still an entitled turd. Also he once spilled beer in a studio right before I was due on air which made it personal

he's O K on QI vOv

that's probably more to do with Stephen hitting on him constantly though

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Beeez posted:

Did anyone get their Harris memorial shirts? Because it still says they're in the pre-order stage, but it has been a while.

I got my motherfuckers wanna laugh tshirt like 2 months ago

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

it's on like donkey nong

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

heynongman

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

The nathan fielder/anthony jeselnik ep was really funny, especially the way they kept loving with nathan

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Drunkboxer posted:

Yeah and the last one has Gourley, how can you skip that.

yeah I enjoyed this weeks but honestly last weeks had me crying when nathan would get so 'flustered' over being censored

"you really think they can't swim?"

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

WYR is kind of dumb because it used to start with two really simple options and the questions would start making it weird, but now people just submit ones like "haha would you rather jizz tiny clones of jeff garlin everytime you receive a phone call or have to give oral sex to twelve monkeys every second saturday"

ok so in the jeff garlin scenario, are the tiny clones like microscopic or are they just small people, maybe 2' tall

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I vote the first one

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Dacap posted:

Instead of hit or miss 40 episode seasons I wish IFC used the money for more Birthday Boys or Garfunkel and Oates.

same :[

birthday boys season 2 was pure gold, god I'm so sad its done

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I think this was a pretty good year for cbb because I'm having a hard time picking 10 :shrug:

e: my friend and I hashed it out and we came up with 323, 327, 329, 336, 341, 351, 355, 356, 373, 378

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Nov 26, 2015

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

im butter knife wolverine scott

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I agree that it's a bad opinion

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Also, aside from digging his music, Reggie endeared himself to me forever when he nerded out about the Everybody Wants To Rule The World feel to Tears For Fears.

really, really deserved to be one of the top 14 eps of the year

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

detectivemonkey posted:

For new person: I think this episode is good if you know who Nathan Fielder is and like him.

still one of my favorite episodes ever

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I love the first Chip Gardener and Dom DiMello eps because they weren't so tied in together at that point, and the crazy cult shtick was new

The first Bob Ducca ep and Ching Chong Matinee with Tim Heidecker, also very funny

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

JethroMcB posted:

I really like Tim's stuff in Repeat Your Keyword and Please Claire-ify as well. Tim is really good at talking up fake artistic projects/business ventures in a really low energy, weirdly engaging way.

Also Please Claire-ify has his delightful turn from not participating to doing "George Burns with a train whistle" at the end. "I'm so old, I remember when the dinosaurs were around. (Toooooooooot.)"

Please Claire-ify also has video so you can see jon daly get sweaty over time in that hat and tim's whistle

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

The Senator Giroux posted:

The Kulap/Shelby/Horatio Christmas/Kwanzaa episode will have a place in my heart forever. It just sounds like 4 people having a blast.

oh man shelby is just a sweet lil puppy

i forgot about this one

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MMmm

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Work Friend Keven posted:

This is part of why i love birthday boys show... A lot of the stuff they did on that is funny but kind of just silly but the editing and production is so completely spot on that it elevates it all to amazing... Like imagine skip Williams - keeping the beat with worse direction and editing and it goes from one of my favorite things they did to nothing.

hey its me the drummer and i think drummin's really neat

sittin in the back and i'm keepin the beat!!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I think he says gonna get my jobs on and then cuts himself off

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

JethroMcB posted:

Durham show was pretty great. PFT did Mike the Janitor and Lauren did a variation on one of her early characters, the college girl who just returned from a semester abroad in Italy.

Also, when Neil Campbell was doing his opening act he had a bit that involved asking for a one word suggestion from the audience. Someone had the gall to yell out "TIMEKEEPER." C'mon, dude. Let the man get there himself.

Yea it's just too bad we all died in a fire

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

LesterGroans posted:

Neil Campbell's one-man show bit absolutely destroyed me when I saw it.

did he do the longshoreman

that bit murdered me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Parallax posted:

he did that tonight and also his one man show which also murdered me

oh yeah I was there, I meant previous shows