Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Flamazot posted:

I listened to the most recent episode today and it was ok, but am I the only one that's never really liked "What Am I Thinking?" It's a fun game to play but I don't enjoy listening to it.

Yea, I kind of tuned out during the last half of this episode. The games usually keep me entertained but I just wasn't feeling it today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Strange Matter posted:

"Alright so the words are teenagers....and sticky"

I like that they both said jizm as opposed to any other word for it.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

I really enjoyed this week. Not sure why everyone is so down on it, guess I just don't have problems with dick jokes.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

soggybagel posted:

it's the idea that he is clearly straining to make constant dick jokes funny that annoys me.

I didn't get that feeling at all, I definitely laughed out loud at some of the things he said.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Blackula69 posted:

Don't insult Wittels like that.

Also Swardson got a lot funnier when Paul's character came in, that was pretty good

Yea, I totally agree with that, not that he was insufferable before that. He at least was willing to have conversations and he wasn't shooting down topics like a lot of stand ups do with improv

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

SpacePig posted:

I'm convinced it's Harrison's Foam Corner.

I think he goes between harrison's, and harris's as well as phone and foam. Either that or I just hear Harrison's Foam Corner and don't question it.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I'm re-listening to the Adam Scott, Harris Wittels and Chelsea Peretti episode and it is still one of the funniest things I have ever heard.

I just re-istened that that one too, so drat funny.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Andy Daly has another spectacular performance as usual, I love that every character he plays either attempts suicide or summons the devil... or usually both.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

dog poop n doritos posted:

I'm pretty partial to the first episode he and Mantzoukas were on together. When they start putting him on the spot to make up limericks he just sounds so loving defeated as he says "right, because I spent so much time perfecting it". So loving funny.

I just re-listened to that one, it was hilarious. Shamus McMah-ay-on

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Flamazot posted:

The Christmas episode is pretty amazing go listen to it right now

So amazing, I thought it was going to be an average show at first but it got great real quick.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Lord Wexia posted:

Honestly it might be the highlight of the episode for me.

Also, am I the only one who likes Lord Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber more than Cake Boss? PFT just seems so natural in the character.

I normally don't like Little Gary but this time it was actually quite enjoyable, I like Tom Lennon's songs.

PFT's ALW is great, but I like his Ice T most :)

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Goose Halo posted:

I just relistened to Episode 38 with PFT, Kaitlin Olsen, and SuperEgo gang. Such a good one. I'm gonna go burn up some water and make a meat loafed sandwich.

How about a tuna fished sandwich?

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Goose Halo posted:

For some reason, I lose it when she does the clown horn impression.

I thought this was a great episode, Tig was a lot quicker than usual and it was hilarious.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

indigi posted:

"I poo poo myself awake" and the ensuing confusion made me lose it

Same here. I was kind of expecting a show like the ones with Colin Hanks (likable guy but not super funny) but this one is an instant classic.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

LesterGroans posted:

I liked it, but unlike a lot of people I actually enjoyed the previous musical guests as well.

I really liked it, I didn't even consider that other people would find it annoying or whatever.

I also liked that episode of DLM with Sleeper Agent, bought the album on itunes after hearing it on his show.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Deadpool posted:

New No No!

I love Paul Rust, he's so loving funny. With St. Clair womping it up I'm just cracking up non stop at this episode.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Ograbme posted:

Jessica St. Clair tries her hardest to make me hate her and fails spectacularly every time.

Everything about her shtick makes me feel like I should hate her but she does it so well, I just crack up.

Recently some people were complaining about the quality of CBB episodes since Jeff got involved. Two shows back to back that had me doubling over with laughter really proves they haven't dipped in quality. Of course not every show is this funny but the show really is still super consistent and funny as ever.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

GraPar posted:

But seriously, we met under a bridge.

Another recent good one that only got one post about it here at the time is Bobcat Goldthwait/PFT as Garry Marhsall - interesting interview (where Scott basically goads Bobcat into calling out Jay Mohr) and at one point Scott refers to Garry as Paul, which is always a treat.

I just re-listened to both of those and they were awesomely good. Don't stop or we'll die is great, I love it when any of them are on the show.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Worst Case Ontario posted:

I love Todd Glass's story in episode 116 about the guy saying "When I go to Queens I have a GOOD time!" His delivery of it every single time he says it kills me.

I always say "When I go to queens I have a GOOD time!" when I'm just driving around in my car, it's fun to say.

bobservo posted:

Besser is a loving legend, and his own podcast is on par with CBB and even better some weeks -- though each show has its own distinct vibe. Anyone who reads this thread and doesn't listen to improv4humans should start immediately.

Besser definitely makes it work, though a lot of times the guests are pretty lovely so you only get one or two good improvs in a show. Either way watch Freak Dance, it's ridiculous.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Worst Case Ontario posted:

Listen, I understand that, I'm just saying the last time I went to Queens I had a so-so time.

but when I go to queens, I HAVE A GOOOOD TIME

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Doctor Candiru posted:

It's like he's underwater. I have no idea why it's so funny.

He's basically saying exactly what Lekyis says on his radio show, but in a more exaggerated way.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Politicalrancor posted:

Thats a really good list. I love all of those eps. I didn't necessarily know I loved "New No No's" until I realized I was saying "New No No, Dad's the son now" a million times. Paul Rust is fantastic.

This is one of my favorite episodes, Paul Rust is loving hilarious. Just reading what you wrote made me literally laugh out loud thinking about it.

As for PFT, I can agree that Scott pairs him with guests somewhat as a crutch. However, that doesn't make him any less enjoyable for me. Needless to say I thought this weeks episode was exceedingly good.

It's kind of surprising how consistent and funny this show has been over the years. I'm going to be sad when they end the show... or it runs out of steam. I wonder if the medium makes it easier to keep going since production is quick and they can bank episodes if they want to take time off.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Just like every Halloween episode! It's tradition.

As is the Halloween rap, this time was even more amazing with all the characters.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

traveling midget posted:

Yeah, so far Rich Dicks has been the highlight of the show, a fair bit because of Daly.

I agree, though Ghost Bouncers was also great... also because of Daly.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

weinus posted:

I thought it was pretty awful :( Just sounds like 3 unfunny nerds in a room together all trying to one-up each other. I think they were too anxious to be guests or something. Then they start trying to do 'characters' and Scott tries to get them to end it quick and they just...keep...going.

That's not how I heard it. They went to break and came back in character, he was joking about not wanting to hear about who they are or what they came for.

I really liked this episode.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

UP AND ADAM posted:

but you people

What do you mean, "you people"?

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Organic Robot posted:

I just found out that Tom Leykis is a real person.

The best part about Leykis on CBB is that the best lines are just quotes from the real Leykis. He's so close to the real Leykis, especially the condescending "dear" (I only know this because while carpooling to work my coworker used to listen to his show). One of my all time favorite eps was with Tom and Amy Poehler.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

NotWearingPants posted:

Strange. That's when I started enjoying it. I've heard the Todd Glass' angry uncomfortableness with his own homosexuality spiel plenty of times by now, and I sympathize with him, but he really needs to get over it. Most heterosexual men are not as freaked out by homosexuality as he seems to be.

Didn't get to WYR time yet so don't know if they do it or not.

He's a pretty anxious guy in general I think, of course coming out is a big deal to him. I am pretty tired of hearing about it but I just kind of tune out those parts of the show. I really enjoyed the Bush stuff, sad they never got to WYR.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Dacap posted:

I lost it laughing right at the start with "I am THIRTY-ONE years old!"

Scott yelling "You're just a guy!" got me.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Beeez posted:

Did anyone get their Harris memorial shirts? Because it still says they're in the pre-order stage, but it has been a while.

I got both shirts like a week or two after ordering them.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So they're babies who don't understand that things can be legitimized to different audiences at different rates?

Maybe they just think it's funny that people who are so late to podcasting are just now saying it's "the new big thing".

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Omnishambles posted:

I've been listening to the Hooray show and have fallen in love with Horatio. He just seems like a sweet guy.

The Hooray Show is my new favorite show, loved his appearances on both SNL and CBB.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Dacap posted:

Monday's episode wasn't great, but Scott freaking out on Paul Brittain for refusing to play along and "yes, and..." was pretty funny.

I really enjoyed it, both Jimmy and Scott trying to figure out the game the whole time, trying to lead the interview somewhere and Paul just kept cutting it off. I suppose that's what "anti-humor" is?

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Poopy Palpy posted:

I wonder how many Howl subscriptions Earwolf is going to have to sell to make up for the increased bandwidth of panicky hoarders downloading gigabytes of back episodes they're never going to listen to.

Jokes on them, I've been hoarding since day one!

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

ManoliIsFat posted:

As a developer, I'm always interested in the mechanics of this. I know an akamai's of the world would cost a pretty penny. S3 seems a pretty good fit. IDK how itunes works, is it just a registry and points to wherever the mp3s are hosted, or does apple host anything themselves? Any earwolf insiders have an idea? (i guess i could just snoop the traffic the howl app creates, see how they do it"

It's not a technical problem really, there are a million ways they could serve the content (in this case it looks like they are using soundcloud to serve the audio mp3s and NetDNA/MaxCDN for other content like the episode image preview). It costs money to host content, it's rarely free, especially with the amount of traffic earwolf probably pushes. I think it's purely a way for them to monetize their old content, as it stands they earn basically nothing for old episodes. They tried to splice in new commercials into the old content, I'm sure that didn't pan out how they thought, so now they're trying to charge for archive access. I think they've got a good idea with the exclusive produced content, more Mike detective and mini-series are justifiable that way.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

Hell yeah! I don't know why I find the Timekeeper so funny but I do. Combo with Paul Rust sounds like that'll be fantastic.

It is fantastic.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Jim the Nickel posted:

As much as I hate these long plug themes, I want people to keep sending in long ones because it irritates Scott so much.

I really enjoy them, and I enjoy that Scott hates them, in fact if the plug themes could be longer I'd be happy.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Billy the Mountain posted:

The new no no's.

I don't get it. I don't mean to be that guy, but I honestly don't get it and they annoy the poo poo out of me.

What's the joke?

The joke is that he's worked up about literally nothing, usually doesn't make sense. He's using Bill Maher's new rules formula for his nonsense nitpicks.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Lugaloco posted:

Y'all are forgetting John Gabrus. Any time that dude is on CBB I make sure to listen. This goes double for Improv 4 Humans.

He has his own podcast now called High and Mighty, it's different each episode so far, it's pretty interesting and he has a lot of his comedy friends on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

ArtVandelay posted:

I just found her music to be thoroughly obnoxious. Look at me i'm so edgy and controversial DICKS DICKS DICKS BALLS DICKS PUSSIES.

Agreed, she should stick to singing about things women can identify with, like cooking and cleaning.

feedmyleg posted:

I think we can all agree that Claudia O'Doherty is brilliant.

She was great on the TV show too!