Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Haven't listened to the episode yet but I saw Paul and Gillian and screamed like a little girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Gillian Jacobs and PFT are two of my favorites and it makes me so happy that their episodes are hilarious.

Wittles
St. Clair
Andy Daly
PFT
Manzoukas
Jacobs

In no particular order these are my favorites.

poo poo forgot about Adomian. He's there. And Adam Scott. And Peretti.

I just really love this podcast.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I put off listening to the latest PFT and Jacobs episode for the video version and I'm glad I did. Watching Jacobs position and beat the baby cracked me up. And Scott's face when he made the Knight's Template joke killed me. He was so embarrassingly proud. This was the first time I've watched the youtube versions and I definitely see the appeal.

It's a little thing but Jacobs always has good questions for the characters. I still want to see an episode with her and Wompler.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jun 11, 2013

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

This worked as a really fun episode for me. No one's bit was great but everyone realized that and went with it. And Paul Rust is never not endearing.

I'm still waiting for a Gillian Jacobs Wompler episode.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Oct 29, 2013

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Vykk.Draygo posted:

B-b-b-bonus episode today featuring Will Forte and PFT. I'm somewhat worried though because I'm pretty sure bonus episodes were created initially so that Scott could air that guests first appearance because it was so awkward and weird.

I made it to them listing presidents, and then desperately switched to improv4humans to get some energy.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 21, 2013

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I don't know guys the end of this episode was just so SCARY. I don't know if I'll be able to handle another.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

I wish I could tell myself in high school "Hey, you know how obnoxious you find Horatio Sanz for constantly breaking during SNL skits? In 15 years you're going to think he's one of the funniest comedians around."

Horatio and Tim Meadows are both so much better on improv4humans than anything they did on SNL.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

caligulamprey posted:

Last night at a party tonight I was pulled away for a conversation by someone demanding a Solo Bolo.

And that's when I knew I had met my new best friend.

That's beautiful.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

It cracked me up that Scott immediately recognized that The Darkness song. Scott Aukerman is very consistent.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Kulap's much more in the good-natured fun person vein of funny, which doesn't stand out in the company she's usually in. It's a big reason why she works well with Howard though.

I stopped listening to Who Charted for awhile but it's a fun podcast, and Two Charted is an occasional listen for me.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Who charted is my fav pod cast and the format is pretty simple, howard says something insane like its regular and kulap reacts to it, then everyone agrees they don't like any of the songs or movies on the charts. I do think its insanely indulgent for kulap to ask for a hundred loving grand to do editing on her movie about her extremely trying and unique story as... An immigrant with a step dad.

I hope whoever bought the CBB guest spot is realistic about it. I'm picturing someone really excited about being in a room with their dream combination and it makes me sad.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Andy Richter needs to come back. He's one of the best guests.

God it's been almost four years since his episode with Wompler.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

What was great about that epi was Kulap, Scott and Horatio all ganging up and bullying Shelby for her age.

Seriously. The suffrage and Howard Hughes bits crack me whenever I think of them.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I'm super happy for their well-deserved and long-time-coming surge in popularity, but it is still wildly surreal to see HH in the top ten comedy podcasts on iTunes.

Oh hey that's awesome. The idea for them to be on CBB has been floated here a few times and it's great that it actually had in impact.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Sinteres posted:

The recent Todd Glass episode was incredible too. I don't know if he's unintentionally hilarious or if he's doing a bit, but I was laughing my rear end off.

Glass can't stop himself from being himself.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

After reading in that history of Comedy Bang Bang that Jess McKenna was in a show called Party Over Here that I'd somehow never heard of, I gave it a shot and... it's really not bad. Certainly better than the 3/10 score it got in IMDb which might partially be down to being an all female sketch show.

Alison Rich is also pretty good at pulling goofy faces, and Nicole Byer is always fun. Jess gets to do raps too!

It had too much talent involved to be a bad sketch show, but no one cared so that's that.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

It's the kind of slogan that would show up in Hollywood Handbook as a quick joke.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

In general I'm not a huge fan of the consistent pairings like PFT/Bobby, PFT/Gillian, or Jason/Daly. All these people are great lets mix it up.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Gillian Jacobs and Tawny Newsome are two of my favorite podcast guests in general so good ep.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Speaking of Besser the first episode of My Dead Wife The Robot Car came out. The upcoming cast list is a bunch of favorites, but it stars Besser and Mary Holland who's clearly having a lot of fun with it. First episode is under 20 minutes and worth checking out.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Lor posted:

Is there any way on the stitcher premium desktop website to search for a specific episode? I'm trying to get Comedy Bang Bang ep 289 and don't want to click "keep loading episodes" like 45 times.

This stitcher website really is loving awful =S

I don't believe so. I just look them up on the app and save them and then go to the desktop when I'm doing that. It's dumb.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Ego is a rockstar on Teachers Lounge and always great on Improv4Humans too. That's just crazy your name should be FitForCrazy.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

boxcarhobo posted:

i looked it up some time last week and the Flagrant Ones is making almost 18k a month already (gently caress yes GET IT BOYS YES)

so everyone should go give them more money because The Boys and Carl are cool and deserve it, and also basketball is the best sport in the world

poo poo I didn't realize Flagrant Ones had taken off like that. That's cool.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Ego's great and I'm always happy when she pops up in whatever podcast.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Lyric Lewis has been doing improv for like a decade and she was good on Spont. But yeah she definitely added nothing here.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

More of an I4H diacussion, but Holland is easily a top 10 improviser in my book, if not top 5. Along with Daly, McKenna, Gemberling, Gabrus, Cordero, Morris, Tarver, Huskey, and Casey.

...and Hines and Lippert. And Meadows. Okay, that was much harder than I thought, there are just so many fantastic performers with such different styles.

Yeah that's a great list. The Mopes trilogy is one of the best things I4H has ever done.

I've just searched for Mary Holland on stitcher in the past because if I just need something funny to listen to for an hour get me Holland.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Sinteres posted:

Here's a tiktok from January making allegations that seem worse than the nightclub groping.

https://www.tiktok.com/@blue.eyed.lou/video/6921850759197756678

Kinda feel like some of his weird interviews might have been trying to get ahead of some poo poo and accidentally just making the inevitable accusations seem super plausible.

Nah that playboy interview was a great example of someone who really doesn't think what they're doing is wrong on any level. Just total arrogance.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Yeah there are so many actors that would kill to have the career Gabrus already has. It's a brutal business.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Yeah I only finally cancelled this month since he's been busy, but his stuff with Devin Fields is worth it too.

That Tatiana Maslany Kristen Bruun episode of TMNT is an absolute classic.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Fallon was made in a lab to make executives think the coasts and the flyover states will love the dude.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 14, 2021

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Yeah I don't think Auckerman has ever used CBB to address anything.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

I feel there's an unspoken part of the title that Scott Hasn't Seen that film everyone's seen.

I'm pretty sure that exact thing has been said multiple times. That's part of the whole bit when he's talks about what he did see instead.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

She was on an episode of CBB in 2020, and then there's a ton of improv4humans appearances.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

He did a whole Andy Daly pilot episode as old L Ron Hubbard as well that has a stacked cast and just great.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Live At Five! posted:

Pancakes Divorce Pancakes is probably the funniest single episode of a TV show I've ever seen. Truly a journey.

I've rewatched that show so many times and yeah that's pretty much a perfect episode.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Analytic Engine posted:

Where are these episodes, my patreon feed's not showing

They're their own feed the Comedy Bang Bang 13 Anniversary Tour on CBB World.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Yeah it's been 5+ years they've been trying. They've both occasionally talked bluntly about how difficult it's been and they've tried so many shots, methods and procedures. Really happy for them too they went through a lot to get there.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

We've had glimpses of Seth Morris and Erin Whitehead being a great combo over the years but I love that we have a whole show for it now. They're amazing at getting weird with it but not in a try hard kind of way. Erin especially just is

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Honestly knowing Bill Walton doesn't help a lot either since like it was previously said Dan's strayed pretty far from the things that make Walton fun and he's never been great at pulling the truly out of nowhere references Walton actually makes. I thought the well had run pretty dry on the character even before the show started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

CatstropheWaitress posted:

At this point I do hope Hines gets a break at some point. He's definitely in on the joke, but it's probably going get a little old for him that every character he brings gets sabotaged so brutally and so quickly. That said, it was hilarious, and he did eventually lean into it just as others were letting it go.

Gil Ozari for CBB Player of the year. Jacob Wyzaki and Vic were new(?) stars too. Scott's lawyer who delivers no-context recitation of old CBB back and forths is a goldmine and I hope they bring it back.

Vic's been on since 2021 and Jacob since 2020. Vic's also done close to the most improv4humans appearances besides Besser over the last 4 years if you just want more of them.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 20, 2023