Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I used a long car trip to give my girlfriend a crash course in Comedy Bang Bang, and Andy Daly is hands-down my favorite guest. And on the final stretch, I went to get another episode and saw the newest one had both Andy and Jason.
Jesus Christ. That had to be the best possible unplanned payoff to a marathon ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

MY WIFI

What episode is this from? I've seen it once before in the thread.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Cacahuate posted:

Did the giants piss skyscrapers made of pee or peas? I wasn't clear on that.

I'm sorry, the floor has not been opened for questions. I'm gonna have to dock you points.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

How are you seeing tomorrow's lineup?

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Conduit for Sale! posted:

That was James Adomian as Dov Charney. His only other appearance was on one of the summer tour episodes. He was hilarious as poo poo on that one too.

He also did it on Occupy Thanksgiving with David Wain and Margaret Cho.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

When Jeff Ulrich was still posting in our Earwolf thread, he said that Bob's probably not coming back.

jeffullrich posted:

On the bad news front, Affirmation Nation is officially retired and I don't know if Bob with appear on CBB in the future. Very sad. I worked hard with Seth to make that happen and it continues to be one of my favorite things to listen to.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

When Scott said that they were going to play Would You Rather, I couldn't help but think how amazing a Jukebox Jury with Marc Maron would have been.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Nice to hear Ted Levine break into the podcast circuit.

I was trying to figure out who that voice reminded me of!

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

escape artist posted:

The two best mustaches in comedy are on today's episode! :v: :v: :v:

Rip Taylor isn't on the show today you liar!

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Zsinjeh posted:

Comedy Bang Bang: Scott Aukerman wears a white shirt under a blue sweater.

Comedy Bang Bang: Scott Aukerman wears Bonobos DOT COOOOOOOOOM

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I hope this is a safe place to sound off, but I think the TV show is right around the 30 minute mark, approximately.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

isnt that right posted:

The live shows take place outside of the Ultimate Universe!

Doi!!

I was disappointed they didn't continue the continuity of the Bumbleshoot recordings though.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

A b-b-b-bonus-s-s episode with a Bob Ducca return?! Be still my beating heart!

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

So I tweeted at Jessica St Clair about having a dream about a Wompler episode and being disappointed there wasn't one.
She tweeted back that August 12th is going to the Comedy Bang Bang Pool Party Womptacular!

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Zsinjeh posted:

gently caress all of you for not recomending Best Bro Hang with Andy Samberg and Adam Pally :mad:
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/best-bro-hang/

and to a lesser extent the episode they did a year before they sometimes mention in Best Bro Hang
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-andy-samberg-special/

I completely forgot that it was called Best Bro Hang. I was sitting here, wondering why you weren't calling it Goats Protocol.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

JethroMcB posted:

I disagree - it was one of my first Andy Daly episodes and it absolutely floored me (And instantly established Dalton Wilcox as one of my absolute favorite Daly characters.) That said, a new listener is robbing themselves of the enormity of that experience.

I forced my girlfriend to listen to most of Andy Daly's appearances on a road trip once, and happened to check and see a new episode was out: It was Wipeout, and the Cavalcade at the end was mind blowing.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I agree that some of the characters' lore are getting long in the tooth. Cake Boss' especially. I kinda zone out when they start talking about like the Cake Council on the dark side of the moon and stuff.

I still think Cake Boss is funny though. I don't know what kind of humorless monster wouldn't find funny the "erotic cake" bit from the ep with Doug Benson and Steve Yeun.

The best part of Cake Boss is that they Yes And-ed him to him becoming God, then basically retired the character for almost a year so they could just take it back some.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I really liked MJ but was bored by Rob Delaney's segment. I'm a contrarian!

You're a real jadfly

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

How are u posted:

I think I'll go tweet Jason my approval.

Jason's...not on twitter you guys

(I'm sure you know, I just love the way he says it every time)

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

The Ape of Naples posted:

Isn't "Judge Judy, and executioner" from the Simpsons?

Hot Fuzz

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

soggybagel posted:

I was trying to allude to the way Horatios characters name checks places and their locations.

The Chic-Fil-A on sunset, etc.

Not just the places and locations, but how to get there from various other points!

If I ever make it out to LA, I'm just going to use his CBB appearances as my travel guide.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

GobiasIndustries posted:

Oh poo poo, I forgot about those two.. sorry gang didn't mean to start any beef.

Beef: not happening anymore

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Maybe it's just me, but for me, people have strong opinions both for and against @midnight

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Zsinjeh posted:

Won't somebody please stop James Adomian before he kills again

Let's wait til he gets to Dov Charney then stop him.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

urk the quack posted:

Has anyone on Earwolf mentioned when the Analyze Phish recorded last year would be released? Maybe that's it..?

I've been waiting for that episode. Seems like the last one dropped around some sort of release (CBB Season 2? I forgot) so I thought they might have it in the tank for when something new/Season 3 drops.

I can't remember where, but Scott has talked about it. Basically, he needs time to go through all the recordings and he's hoping to do it after they wrap on season 3 of the tv show

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Bring back Alive or Dead for first time guests.

edit: or preferably Who Said It

I love the Who Said It theme so, so much.

Hollywood Facts also has a great theme.

Take out ya dick!

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I've come to realize that there are two divergent timelines at work: one that started at Wipeout where comedian Andy Daly is portraying characters and is mentally ill, and another at Mayor of Hollywood where all we begin the ultimate fight for good and evil.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Beeez posted:

Yeah, PFT is almost never on CBB. Just weirdos who sort of sound like him.

It would be nice if he'd show up more than just once a year for the best of's.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Nubile Agape also doesn't get enough love.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Mr. Squishy posted:

Personally sure, but just wait till PFT stuffs the ballot box for Time Bobby 3.

PFT got wind of the Solo Bolo and just DEMANDED TB3 follow it up.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I think the biggest problem is that when they keep doing sequels, they're pretty much locking these guests in together. I'd love to have Moynihan come in for something other than TB, or Gilly with someone other than Gary.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

The Ape of Naples posted:

I wouldn't necessarily bet on that. Jeff Ulric said they didn't make any money off of the PPP. They may risk doing it again and I hope they do but it's not certain.

They didn't make money on it because they didn't know how many people were gonna listen so they didn't get a chance to sell it to advertisers highly. By the time they saw how popular it was, it was too late to really monetize it.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I don't

Cloks posted:

I thought they were going to Whomp it up! for #300 with another pool party. They could do both.

I don't think the show could support the weight of the Womplerverse combining with the Daly\Manzoukas timeline.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

thefncrow posted:

They already kinda have, thanks to the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project.

I thought about that, but I feel like the Manzoukas/Daly CBB appearances are their own continuity altogether.

(I think too much about these podcasts)

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I dunno, I started my girlfriend off with Daly and inadvertently ended with the Cavalcade of Andy Daly suicides and it was the most rewarding thing ever.

The 3rd (I think?) anniversary with Traci, Wompler, and the debut of the Bachelor Bros is a nice sampler with some amazing bits.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Time Bobby is a bad choice. Go with something that has a guest a non-podcast nerd would actually recognize, like Amy Poehler's episode with Jason Mantzoukas and James Adomian. There's been like 300 episodes; stay away from episodes with recurring characters.

That episode is one of my favs but Leykis might be a major turnoff for some.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

anotherone posted:

It's been cancelled. Scott's going to work full time for Obama's re-election campaign.

it's been

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

xbilkis posted:

Danny Mahoney talking batteries again at length as the episode was reaching its climax was great

That was the most exciting part! I mean, you can't even GET those boomboxes anymore!

I also loved his "if this rock needs batteries, we're screwed" line

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Ellaybee posted:

I have to ashamedly admit that I didn't always love Andy Daly. I was an ignorant heathen until maybe 2009. Just needed to get that off my chest.

I was really gunshy of him because I associated him with MadTV. Then I saw the ASSSSCAT DVD and realized he's a genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Unmerciful posted:

That's maybe one of my favorite episodes (although admittedly I love any episode with Harris). I thought that guy held his own pretty well for a non-comedian and we got Gelman's amazing monologue and "gently caress white people" rap.

What episode is that?