Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
The fact that each podcast is two and a half hours long and comes out (usually) twice a week means I don't often have time to listen to all of it. I think of Rogan cut out his moon landing bullshit and ditched the MMA talk, we'd get 2 solid hours of comedy a week. But I know that's not going to ever happen so I just enjoy the Joe Rogan Experience as much as I can. :D

Also, reposting this from the Comedy Podcast megathread, someone linked this awesome animated Bert Kreischer story that he told on Rogan:

Bert Kreischer is the Machine

Binowru fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Sep 23, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

CortezFantastic posted:

I've listened to every podcast and he hardly ever talks about the moon landing. His deal is that he isn't sure if it is a fake, but he's not convinced it isn't. I understand what he feels about it, since I feel the same way about, say, JFK. But we definitely landed on the moon.

I kind of meant just all of Rogan's conspiracy-theory/new-agey stuff, but mentioned the moon landing because he brought it up in a recent ep. Like that whole episode with the host of "Ancient Aliens" was just a whole parade of dumb.

I noticed the OP describes Rogan's podcast as a "skeptic" podcast but I don't really think it lives up to that. I don't know of any skeptic that would have believed much of that "Ancient Alien" guy's bullshit, or a skeptic that would say you can experience God but only through taking mushrooms. Being doubtful of the moon landing doesn't make you a skeptic either, it just makes you look foolish.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

dowdy_pants posted:

Just finished the Graham Hancock episode. Never heard of him before. He went from "Wow...interesting!" to "Holy gently caress, what a loon" pretty quick. Good show.

I admit I rolled my eyes at some of the Ark of the Covenant stuff early on, but I enjoyed the discussion about the War on Drugs.