Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Do people really take Bob Lazar seriously? Is Joe gonna call him crazy behind his back next episode, like he did with Alex Jones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I'm so tired of Dr. Tyson. He has so many opportunities to talk about real, exciting science but all anyone wants to do is have him explain rudimentary concepts.

That said, I did like his takedown of 'the Nikola Tesla fan club'. Few things are worse in pop science than Tesla stans.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Yeah, IIRC Joe literally holds world records (or at least, used to) for kicking power. He is in really good shape for his age, which probably has something to do with being a lifelong martial artist, then lucking into multi-millions and access to the best trainers, dieticians and facilities that money can buy. Oh, and TRT, of course.

AndyElusive posted:

Physically he's healthy but like mentioned earlier, he has the mental health of a dude who's been punched and kicked too many times during his teenage years.

Yeah this exactly. It's also been said many times, but he should have stuck to being a martial arts commentator.

whydirt posted:

Paul F Tompkins dropped out of college

Aw gently caress what did Tompkins do???

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Oh good, I was worried for a second there because I've noticed Tompkins in a lot more stuff and I'm really starting to find him funny. I just started watching Mr. Show, surprised that went under my radar for so long. And yes I know about Jay Johnston :P

toggle posted:

The guy has pushed his body to the limit with all the HGH/TRT and other injected treatments over the years. ... roided to the gills and completely out of touch with any actual training

Where are you getting this information? I definitely don't agree with the other poster that Joe's in "the top 1%" of health for his age, but he's certainly in shape and can probably still hold his own in martial arts - I certainly wouldn't want to fight him. Also there's a vast difference between TRT and 'roided to the gills'. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention, but little about Joe screams 'to the gills', moreso just another 50-something who got a test script (and yeah maybe some HGH if his gut is any indication) and didn't waste it.

But I've already derailed one thread with roidchat this week, and I don't ever want to come across as defending the man. He's a turbochud in liberals' clothing, he's had all the critical thinking ability kicked out of his head years ago, and he suspiciously likes to platform some seriously awful people in the interest of 'balance.' Seeing Bill Burr take him down over mask wearing, or Duncan Trussell gently mock his comments about Ben Shapiro, is the only fun I've ever had watching his videos.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
LOL we are in nothing close to a lockdown here and we never have been.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
loving lmao, if you showed me this picture and told me this dude's name was loving Jocko Willink, I'd be like "of course it is."

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Literally every military uniform photograph looks hilarious. When my buddy joined the Marines and showed me his all I could do was laugh. I think it's the hats.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

If I didn't already know this was Adam Driver, I'd be like "whoa you know my buddy who joined the marines too?"

I think all marines just look like that.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Do you think even Jamie is getting tired of Rogan?

In the clip of the recent 'Australia making growing your own food illegal' thing, he says "No, I know what to look for, it's just not coming up." There's a tone there that sounds to me like "I'm so sick of this poo poo."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Zugzwang posted:

He’s not right-wing though, guys

In a way I'm kind of glad for the increasingly mask-off conservative rhetoric from self-proclaimed 'centrists' and 'liberals'. It's a shot in the dark but I think it's helping people wake up to the idea that liberalism isn't really a leftist ideology... in Canada our answer to 'Democrats and Republicans' are 'Liberals and Conservatives', and when I grew up the narrative was that they did accurately represent the left and the right. IDK if Civics classes in high school have updated that but you don't need to look far, from neanderthals like Joe who call themselves liberal to see something fishy is happening. My former best friend used to call himself a liberal and trot out his disdain for Ayn Rand any time someone would call out some reprehensible conservative thing that he said. He's into Jesse Lee Peterson and Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson poo poo now, and he joined the army. So yeah, I guess he's a liberal.