Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

I cannot stop listening to this podcast. Rogan puts out so many stupid theories and thoughts but I cannot stop listening. It's too funny.

I guess I like the UFC talk too, however rare it is.

Edit: Duncan Trussel just referred to police as "pigs"

Who the gently caress says that in 2011?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

habanero walrus posted:

The only part where he lost me was when he claimed that BBC had produced a character assassination of him. The persecution thing always makes me instantly not believe them.

This is exactly what turned me around on him. I was all like "yeah dude, Alternative history is alright" then he turned into a whole BBC was trying to destory my reputation!

Sounded way too defensive and shady to be honest.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

AltronHGX posted:

Yessss someone cropped my favorite moment ever from the entire podcast. This needs to go in the OP for reasons to listen to it. It features Joe and Duncan cracking eachother up and Redban being dismissed and ignored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfy7LQFuM9E

I can't watch any of the livestream videos they put out because Redban always looks like he's about to cry. Which he sometimes sounds like it too. But never does.

Cannot stand him at all. What a child.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

http://bertbertbert.com/Store.php

Could you imagine?

I want one so badly.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

bango skank posted:

e2: actually, thinking about it in light of the story of how he came to LA in the most recent podcast, does Rogan actually pay Redban a salary? If he's actually subsidizing Redban's continued journey through life as a spoiled manchild by paying him to do nothing then god drat.

He apparently makes 80k a year. I have no source on this other than earlier in the thread someone said it.

The solution to redban?

Take away his mic. Take away his camera. Tell him it's because Joe wants it to feel more professional and you're becoming a real radio engineer!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Shane Smith just twittered that he wants to the Podcast.

gently caress. Yes. I'm so excited for something that hasn't even been confirmed.

Vice guide to travel and a lot of other stuff they put out there is so loving good.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

CortezFantastic posted:

At least it's entertaining

The way I see it is, Carolla's is like those kids who do class presentations with their heads down reading every word with no intonation or real character behind it while Joe is just winging it and doesn't mind too much when hitting weird tangents.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Demie posted:

he just punched a guy 10000 times in 10 minutes, so i can forgive the weird line. diaz never die

bonus edit: I didn't know he was on a cycling team, sponsored by a vineyard. Rare pic of smiling nick, too http://www.deltavelo.com/nick_diaz/

almost looks classy

He runs triathlons and marathons too. He's got cardio for days.

Which is why he's good at rabbit punching the poo poo out of someone 1000 times in a row.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

The latest episode with Bert is absolutely my new favorite episode. I couldn't hold back my laughter in the lunch room at work today when the whole Limey thing happened.

I lost it when Bert just screams out "WE SHOULD REPLY TO HIM!" in his super excited voice. loving hilarious.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Droopy Goines posted:

Rabbit punching doesn't mean what you think it means.

You're right!

I thought it was a series of light, fast punches!

I was wrong!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Shane Smith is amazing. Best Joe Rogan podcast in a long time. Cannot wait for the next time he's on.

I've been a huge fan of Vice since I first saw Heavy Metal in Baghdad. Seems like the coolest job ever (even with how stupidly dangerous it is).

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Holy poo poo. Shane Smith Favorited a tweet of mine to him.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

e: I'm a huge Shane Smith fan I guess.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

COULD YOU IMAGINE?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nuja posted:

Fleshlight stuff

I assume it might have to do with Rogan's simplistic attitude of "this is stupid, but you might as well use it"

Or... All of Rogan's listeners that would buy a Fleshlight already have so the discount code isn't at a certain threshold so therefore they stop advertising.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

ChocNitty posted:

Joe Rogan needs to invite David Cho from Vice's "Thumbs Up!", one of their best series of all time. That dude has got to have tons of awesome stores to tell from the road.

Not from just the road. From life in general.

He did some murals for Facebook at the right time and instead of commission he did it for Facebook stock. He's rich as poo poo.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

BUT STAND UP COMEDY IS MY TRUE CALLING IN LIFE AND HES DEVALUING IT BY DOING IT ALSO

prick.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Rogan's last special was loving great.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Outside of the Global Warming logic being completely out to lunch, the Michael Malice episode was pretty loving great.

Peterson is a fear mongering oval office and has managed to dupe a lot of dumb people with lovely logic.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Skip the Sargon episode and double back and listen to Jeff Evans & Bud Brutsman (Again). God drat what an episode.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Seltzer posted:

Thanks for this advice. I skipped the episode because the summary sounded generic. My only complaint was the Bud Brutsman dude added nothing.

As far as I know he brokered the interview so he's A-Ok in my books.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Giga Gaia posted:

I want eddie bravo on at the same time as jordan peterson for a full on postmodern vs conservative dad argument ear poisoning for all of us.

Jordan Peterson DESTROYS conspiracy NUT WITH LOGIC AND SHEER WIT

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Cough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7tvauOJMHo

He's just being unironic.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Astrochicken posted:

My younger coworker, who consumes literally everything Joe Rogan and is also currently in ketosis, man, is really into telling people he's a centrist even though we've talked about it and he's a right-leaning libertarian type. Is misrepresenting your political views a Joe Rogan thing?

It's a whole right wing thing because it's such a polarizing term. They'll never self identify as right wing or alt right.

They'll be a "Classic Liberal" or a "Libertarian Centrist"

Which is code for loving Idiot.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

More this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYMXjYRDAjc

Less this:

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Douglas K Murray - Maajid Nawaz
Jordan Peterson - Dave Rubin

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

barkbell posted:

whys this dumb bitch on

Gotta give them thirsty Jorp fans their hog yanking ammo.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

barkbell posted:

what he say

Fat racist poo poo

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

barkbell posted:

thats too bad

Eh, it's kind of his gimmick. Fat, Horrible, Racist poo poo

You can take the man away from Florida...

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

The freedom of speech grift is all performative and just marketing - Rogan probably doesn't give a gently caress

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

His bullshit detector is perma fried from the copious amounts of elk meat and weed he's been consuming

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Comedians latch onto that stupid idea that the court Jester was "achtk-tually the smartest guy in the room and often had exclusive access to the king's ear and really pulled the strings"

When in reality they're just incredibly broken self absorbed fame whore who will do anything for a loving buck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Is there anything more annoying than middling stand up comedians self aggrandizing about how important they are to society?