Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

AltronHGX posted:

Yessss someone cropped my favorite moment ever from the entire podcast. This needs to go in the OP for reasons to listen to it. It features Joe and Duncan cracking eachother up and Redban being dismissed and ignored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfy7LQFuM9E

Duncan Trussel looks absolutely nothing like what he sounds like.

Also I almost drove off the side of a loving cliff on the Trans Canada highway because of the last 2 minutes of that clip when I first heard it.

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Oct 4, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I don't get G4 and wondered "Why on earth is a guy who ran a comedy website and made prank calls in the late 90s on the Joe Rogan podcast?" and then googled him and found out that he is on G4 now.

Am I the only one who remembers https://www.lickmysweaty.com :ohdear:

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
It's funny seeing Kevin Pereira as a TV Host now, because I remember him as being a guy with a shoutcast prank call show that he streamed from his mom's house and a guy who posted funny videos that he filmed at a park.

It's cool to find out that things worked out for him :)

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I thought it was pretty funny on the most recent episode when Redban made some comment about Applebees and then under his breath whispered "Olive Garden" whistfully afterwards.

What the gently caress is with that guy and Olive Garden anyway

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Joey Diaz today :)

Redban: "It's like if you got raped in a basement, whenever you'd go in a basement you'd be like 'ew, basements'"

Joe: "... yes Brian."

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

denizen posted:

rogans joey diaz impression is funny as hell

aaha this jayden chick not knowing who bill burr is. thats the funniest poo poo i've ever heard. "bill what do you do for a living?"

edit: if people dont want to watch the whole thing its at 1hr37m

http://vimeo.com/32646684

The way that he says "Joe Rogan" or "Brian Redman" in his Joey Diaz voice is completely spot on and always makes me laugh my bag off

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

The way that he says "Joe Rogan" or "Brian Redman" in his Joey Diaz voice is completely spot on and always makes me laugh my bag off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy1zeA9RMWs :)

Also hooray for Bert Kreischer

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Hahaha only 2 minutes into last nights show and Bert is already telling a pants making GBS threads story.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
He sounded kind of like the bear from the Cleveland show

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Biggie Shorty posted:

Thanks. I was so eager to hear Doug Stanhope that I skipped right over that one.

I love hearing Stanhope, but I always get all :smith: afterwards

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Hubcap Hal posted:

The best part of the most recent show is when Joe gets up to piss, and Doug asks Redban if Joe still hates/dislikes women. Redban going uhhhh,eeehhh doesn't realy help Joe's case at all.

Awkward banter between Redban and the guests whenever Joe pisses is the best part of the show.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

bango skank posted:

Is it beyond the realm of possibility that he doesn't actually hate women, he just happens to say some stupid poo poo on the subject(like he does with everything else?)

NO! I am a goon and can only think in terms of complete black and white.

If you challenge my worldview I will argue you to death

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I'm listening to yesterday's Conspiracy Time and Metaphysics Discussion with No Irony Allowed and ugh this blows.

At least have Duncan Trussell on for these shows so that something funny gets said every so often.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I turned it off shortly after he said that quantum replaced Newtonian physics, but not before he explained that you can prevent disease with conscious thought, followed by Redban lighting up a smoke

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 14, 2011

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Can you imagine how great the show would be if the experts Joe had on we're actual experts instead of metaphysicists and cryptozoologists? :allears:

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I can't wrap my mind around how they make so many breadsticks at Olive Garden

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I missed this show with Michael Ruppert from a few weeks ago and holy poo poo, his existence insults me and all of his opinions and conspiracy theories are horrible.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Bohemian Nights posted:

I was only paying attention to that podcast with half an ear, but I seem to recall him talking about peak oil and CIA drug trafficking, both of which are pretty sound as far as "conspiracy theories" go. Remind me what makes him so horrible?

Edit: VVV http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_drug_trafficking

Bobby Kennedy was killed by somebody who was triggered hypnotically

The government is manually reducing hits on my website

Dick Cheney hand-crafted and carried out 9/11

Bill Clinton is a cocaine dealer

Ron Paul 2012

County Sheriffs are the most powerful people in the country

etc

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 21, 2012

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I thought the deadmau5 show was pretty good until the end of the 2nd hour when they just kind of poo poo on him for not doing drugs while being a musician. Then it became unlistenable, and I felt sorry.

I think it would have been a lot better if it was just Joe, Redban, and Joel instead of having Eddie Bravo there for no reason (and Russel Peters showing up didn't really add anything)

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Birthday Cake posted:

Joe was simply talking about the fact that he didn't believe in marriage, I'm sure he loves his wife.

Yeah but he's a huge privilege-denying crybaby misogynist still

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Every time I figure I'm done with this podcast, he has a really fascinating guest on like Rick Ross.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
God drat Dice got insufferable really quick. The whole "People don't think they can be shocked any more but check this out: I'm going to talk about women who are sexhavers!" thing was hilarious but in the sense that he is an out of touch old man now.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
At this point, I think that replacing Redban with somebody who's less of a dweeb would take away a lot of the show's charm.

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 23, 2012

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

-Atom- posted:

It's either blue cheese with wings or go gently caress your mother.

Joey Diaz truly is the gift that keeps on giving.

Came here to post this

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I think I managed 30 minutes of listening to him in the car until I had to pull over and download the new episode with Ari.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Last night I sent a link to the old video of Joe calling Carlos Mencia out for stealing jokes to a friend who didn't know about it.

A related video was a recording of a podcast with Marc Maron talking to Mencia about the whole joke-stealing thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZAq8u6Rs-E

I never saw it before last night, but I guess it's a couple of years old now. Mencia comes off as pretty much a crazy person (like not wacky crazy, but something is not right with his head crazy) who lies all the time about everything. At one point (in a later video... It starts out with 'Mencia talks about joke stealing 1 to 3' then 'hispanic comedians vs carlos mencia 1 through 5 or 6') he says that his "friends" want to beat the poo poo out of Marc for interviewing him about the whole thing.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

indoflaven posted:

I don't know what a nutball is.

It's like an assbutt

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Is listening to this thing with Giorgio Tsoukalos even worth listening to at all?

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Joe ranting about how horrible it is that people don't like when other people use pejoratives for oppressed groups of people is really grating. His argument in favor of why it should be ok to call people retards and fags is "remember all the great times you've had calling people retards and fags?"

Jim Norton's standup is funny, but hearing him live on the show was a reminder of why I just can't get into O&A

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Nuja posted:

He's got a good point. The words are fun to use, why the gently caress do people care? That argument is just a base argument for freedom of speech.

I think the explanation that Joe gave when he 'retired' the word 'fag' works well enough: Rather than disarming the word and making it unrelated to homosexuality, the use of the word in the 14-year-old-suburban-white-male context has resulted in an ineffective word that had muddled meaning, which also upsets a lot of people. It's easier to not upset people than to act like a loving toddler and throw tantrums whenever somebody assumes that you're being racist whenever you call somebody a friend of the family.

You're welcome to call your dumb little buddies fags, niggers, or retarded all you want, but if you do, you're a tremendous shithead who can't be bothered to spend 5 seconds to think up an insult that's funnier than 'kikey heeb'.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Nuja posted:

I save my empathy for those who have issues that are worth empathizing with. I feel for the gay community, but I also believe that they are more concerned with the feelings of hate than they are the usage of words.

Thanks for telling me what I think. Stop calling your friends 'fags' because if you don't, some day somebody is probably going to beat you up with a brick.

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 2, 2012

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
*sips C2O coconut water*

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

mcvey posted:

Werewolves

I'm pretty sure the gay werewolf sex dream Joe had was the peak of the show.

Also why doesn't every single one of his comedy friends bust his balls about it?

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 4, 2012

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Toxoplasmosis

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Nuja posted:

Seriously, stop. I'm not trying to do this back and forth anymore because its trivial. It's clear we have a fundamental difference in opinion, that doesn't make mine any more right than yours. I've tried to explain myself, and all I get is flamed because I disagree with you. Agree to disagree, move on, and its either blue cheese with wings or go gently caress yourself.

"No matter what basically everybody says, I still want to be a lovely, unempathetic person because I'm literally too unfunny to think of something other than friend of the family in the heat of the moment (unless black people are around because they will hit me)"

That's you. That's what you think.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Malkof posted:

Woah bro you seem rather angry. Maybe you should smoke some indica then come hit the mat for an hour. Release some of that pent up aggression. After we can go hit up the Olive Garden.

Joe smokes sativa ok <:mad:>

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Please say it :allears:

I saw Tom Rhodes about 5 years ago and he absolutely destroyed for an hour, then spent another hour just shooting the poo poo with the crowd.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Awesome, I guess a 3 hour interview with a fake tough guy telling everybody how edgy "women like to have sex" jokes are wasn't enough.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
ahahahaha

"Who does Obama think he is making jokes about drone attacks?"

"If you don't like that I laugh at gays then you're a bitch"

Within about an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Basically the only people who really believe that Daniel Tosh thinks that 5 people actually should have raped that woman are rapists. People with horrible opinions about doing rapes don't pick up on how ridiculous the punchline of a joke is and laugh at that, they just think "hmm yes, it would be funny if 5 people actually raped this woman right now" and laugh at how funny it would be to them if that woman was actually getting raped by 5 guys.

I could write more words but basically: "The Chris Rock 'Black People vs Niggers' bit"

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 18, 2012