Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
Just binged through this thread and it's been fun to watch others go through the progression of becoming overwhelmed by repetition and hating the same things. Most of it has been covered multiple times but a couple things have stuck out to me:

1. How many of you at least started out watching/listening where that was all you were doing? I don't think I've ever gotten through an entire episode when just sitting down, even in the beginning when I loved the show I would have to be commuting or working in order to stick with it

2. It'd be really great if someone could put the 1% argument into proper context for Rogan and Carrola. All they see is jealous people wanting to take away their money, as opposed to being in the awkward situation where they are in the same tax bracket as sociopaths that rape the economy. Instead of going on defensive rants about working hard and following dreams, I'd say they should put it in the context that other rich people should be like them. I don't think most OWS types would begrudge them their fortunes because they built them on selling entertainment to people at a fair price without loving people over. If anything Rogan overpays for his help (lol Redban). So stop yelling at poor people to get jobs and start yelling at rich people to have morals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
After looking at his Twitter, this is going to be worse than Schiff, I don't know if I can do it

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
The response to this episode is amazing, like Schiff and Kasparian combined into some sort of super troll

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Oh, it was that Milo guy. He is seen as an absolute joke in the UK.

It's because you're unaffected by his accent. I disagree with most of what he says but kept finding myself thinking he was an alright guy and it finally hit me that it's the accent. When I hear Americans use the same talking points I want to argue, with him I just want to watch him wander about, twirling an umbrella and tipping his cap to people

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
If right wing shitheads are what it takes to get Rogan riled up and out of his 'radio DJ' persona, then that's fine by me. I'd forgotten how much fun Rogan was when he was actually heated about something, but really that's his bread and butter as far as comedy goes.

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
You need to do some squats and heavy deadlifts, son!

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
Here, read this and get back to us http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/17/gay-rights-have-made-us-dumber-its-time-to-get-back-in-the-closet/

Not every minority that votes republican are called out as self loathing despite the nice little straw man you've set up here. Some are just assholes that will hold their noses about social issues that affect them to get a tax break. People like Milo who disparage every facet of a group they belong to? That's the definition of self loathing

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
I'm really far behind on the podcasts, has anyone explained to Rogan that people mock MRAs for being assholes rather than men's rights? If not, it'll be an hour of that plus an hour of Rogan going "uh huh, uh huh, fascinating" while Adams explains how he's a hypno-wizard

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

Piquai Souban posted:

I like Stanhope eps because he seems like one of select few who is truly comfortable busting on Joe.

Joey Jingles might be the only time I've heard Diaz get legitimately frazzled by something, I like Diaz but it was hilarious.

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
It's funny for the first few minutes until it's just him alternating between screaming and being a smug dick

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
He was smart enough to build in deniability by saying "who the gently caress knows" when discussing the fight.

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Why is she so attached to a coach with a track record that's so bad?

1. After her dads death she has always stuck with coaches that were borderline abusive male authority figures.

2. To Edmunds credit he was the only person who gave her a shot in mma and really helped her out when she was poor as hell

It'll be interesting to see if she stayed without any prodding or if he guilted her into it.

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

Seltzer posted:

Does Joe mention Goldberg at all in his post fight podcast

Not a word.

Bert and Todd talking about the public trolling Bert for being fat was some of the funniest stuff I've heard in a while. People are insane

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
Infowars seems to be riding the Trump train into mainstream relevance, I was sad to see that the front page is mostly legit (although heavily biased) stories. I wonder if Jones is going to try to clean up his image or stay batshit crazy

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
Meh, all that would happen is Bravo being really snotty to Tyson or, if Joe decides to have "fun" and bring out the liquor, 3 hours of Bravo screaming into the mic

He's a 'just asking questions' kind of guy, he's impervious to facts and logic. Mostly I'd just feel bad for Tyson

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

How so? I watched his debate with the Channel 4 person and nothing he said sounded unreasonable to me at all and I really liked his composure, a big departure from the loud, smug, childish "owns" that people go for on these types of debates now. Is he a secret rear end in a top hat?

For me*, he lost me on his second JRE appearance when I noticed that at the end of the day he’s setting up anyone left of George Bush to be ‘the enemy’. I won’t pretend like I can hang in a high level debate about all the nuances he spits out, but there’s something creepy about the following things he said:

-communists are evil, they’ve murdered 100 million people. They are the enemy of freedom and goodness and must be fought against with all our might.

Reasonable, there might be exaggeration in there but it doesn’t change the overall point

-when communism failed they had to transition into something else, so they changed from Marxist’s to post modernists.

Debatable, a lot of smarter people than I think he’s completely off base with this but at the end of the day what do I care what a fringe group of weirdos call themselves. Communism is dumb

-almost all levels of western government have been infiltrated and almost all universities have been completely taken over by post modernists.

Hmmm, didn’t he mention that he thinks post modernists are evil communists? Maybe I’m overthinking this

-(on the topic of Bernie sanders)free healthcare? Where will it stop? Communists murdered 100 million people Joe

Add in later things like his proposed app that would help identify Post Modernist courses, which coincidentally is anything other than what he teaches and STEM, and a pattern emerges

Peterson is a better educated version of Gavin McGuinness, or Abby Martin, depending on which side you like. A poo poo-stirring shill that is making a lot of money off of pissing people off

*for MMP listeners, does anyone else hear Burrs kardashian impression whenever “for me” comes up? I can’t stop doing it and now my wife is doing it too

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
This truly is the most troubling problem facing America today

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
Live fight companion today, it was...ok. Nobody got sloppy drunk

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

piratepilates posted:

wasn't he already living in a ranch in the desert in california anyway?

edit: yeah he was living in bell canyon, a gated community outside of LA right on the edge of the desert, surrounded by nothing but other socially distanced rich people mansions.

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.2120549,-118.689649,253m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

edit: wow yeah that new studio looks just as bad as YMH's new studio before they repainted it and stopped it looking like a mcdonalds

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEr9I-7FrhM/?utm_source=ig_embed

Living in seclusion is nice, but when you have to go anywhere and it's 2 hours in stop and go traffic it doesn't matter how many gates you have. Whether Austin is going to be a lot better, especially in 3 or 4 years when everybody else moves there because it's the new hot spot, I don't know. But I get not wanting to live in a super populated area

However, Joes going to be crying in a few years that Austin has been ruined, and it'll be mostly his fault. No matter how much you tell people not to be cunts, whenever you have a giant influx of people taxes go up, homeless population goes up, and the quaint things you love about a small town disappear. I saw the same thing happen in Calgary during the oil boom. Out of all the people who showed up you probably couldn't pick out a single "SJW", but things change regardless. More infrastructure needed means more taxes. More traffic means shorter fuses. More strangers means less friendly smiles. More chances to get in on the "next big thing" means more scam artists and criminals. If you don't know your neighbors, you're less compelled to act right. Small town secrets like taking homeless people out past city limits and keeping their stuff stop being secrets. More idiots means more accidents means more laws and regulations. Sure right now you can set up a firing range in your yard, until some dummy from Pasadena that's never owned a gun picks up the biggest one he can get and doesn't understand that bullets don't stop after they hit the paper target, and now his neighbors kid doesn't have a head

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
This is going to be very interesting as it unfolds

My guess is they made a deal to allow the old controversial episodes (and possibly any future ones) to live on Youtube after they go exclusive. I can't imagine Joe allowing them to in any meaningful way silence him. If he was only in it for the money he'd be doing international UFCs in between the latest reincarnation of Fear Factor.

Also keep in mind these are just the spotify employees, so we're still a ways from anything actually happening

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

XIII posted:

yeah, old shitheads rarely do

Sir, are you trying to tell me that an ex-addict drug dealer and a bunch of other stuff isn't a good person?? :monocle:

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

Sedgr posted:

Lots of comedians are idiots. Clever idiots, but still idiots. There's a secondary issue with most popular comedians as well where they seem to forget they aren't really the working or even middle class John Doe Everyman they think they are anymore.

I've never been able to get into Tom Segura and Christina's podcast because I end up annoyed by them for that reason. They discuss every problem they have like its a totally normal everyday thing when they have some issue with their 7M dollar house or whatever and can just throw money at it to solve it. Some of its a put on and part of the act, but lots isn't and it comes across as insufferable to me.

And its not limited to that pair either. Some play into it harder than others, but like Tom, Burt, Bill Burr, Rogan...etc etc, are all RICH. Different strata of wealthy and in Rogan's case, extremely wealthy but it makes it tough to really relate to someone who's biggest problem is deciding which luxury sports car they should drive today.
It's why they have all gotten so bitchy about SJWs. They don't have to care about bills or jobs, the only threat to them is if they get cancelled, so it's all they think about. It's especially rough for Joe because he's surrounded by so many meat heads so when they go off about SJWs he thinks they are very smart, and then gets suckered into all sort of dumb ideas, like how Tim Pool isn't an enormous moron

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

Nierbo posted:

Ooh tell me more

Redban at one point was The Guy to set up podcasts when all of Joes friends were starting out on their own. If Redban had any business sense he would have scooped them up, signed them to fair but lucrative deals, and paid someone to put the work in to have the Death Squad network actually function. Instead he half-assed it and everyone went off on their own after realizing there are people out there that actually give a poo poo

Good for Redban if he is not interested in being a mogul, but it's true he could have been veeeery successful

Him and Joe seem to still be friends, but I always notice a bit of disappointment when Joe talks about him and Death Squad. Basically handed him a multi-million dollar company on a silver platter and he just kinda.... dropped it

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

What always gets me with Rogan is he has the biggest podcast on the planet but invites on such obscure people. I'm way too online and I've never heard of this guy. He had some no-name Pizzagate guy on like 6-7 times pre-Spotify.

Cernovich? I think Rogans fascination with him was more about his Gorilla Mindset book. Which is still super cringy though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

Mister Speaker posted:

Do you think even Jamie is getting tired of Rogan?

In the clip of the recent 'Australia making growing your own food illegal' thing, he says "No, I know what to look for, it's just not coming up." There's a tone there that sounds to me like "I'm so sick of this poo poo."

From his arguments with Eddie Bravo it seems like Jamie is not a fan of this kind of crap, so it must be weighing on him a bit that his job is quickly morphing into scouring Facebook for boomer memes