Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
The following post was brought to you by the Fleshlight. If you go to JoeRogan.net, and click on the link for the Fleshlight, and enter in the codename ROGAN, you will get 15% off the number one sex toy for men! And you can shoot loads into it, at a discount, son!

This is the Joe Rogan Experience, your new favorite comedy/drug/skeptic/mma/meathead podcast! It stars our hero Joe Rogan, and his sidekick and resident manchild, Brian Redban. The podcast that started as a good has morphed into one of the most popular podcasts going, enhancing the power of a podcast month by month.

This podcast is a comedy podcast but it often dives into various topics such as psychedelic drug use, the world of mixed martial arts, various "trippy" discussions, road stories from comedians and general pop culture bullshitting. It's possibly one of the more highly controversial podcasts talked about in RGD. Some of the best guests include:

Bryan Callen
Bert Kreischer
Duncan Trussel
Joey "Coco" Diaz

Podcast links

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-joe-rogan-experience/id360084272
http://www.ustream.tv/joerogan

OP is still in progress, any ideas welcome.

CortezFantastic fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 23, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Advice posted:

The following post was brought to you by the Fleshlight. If you go to JoeRogan.net, and click on the link for the Fleshlight, and enter in the codename ROGAN, you will get 15% off the number one sex toy for men! And you can shoot loads into it, at a discount, son!

Stealing this for the OP

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I've listened to every podcast and he hardly ever talks about the moon landing. His deal is that he isn't sure if it is a fake, but he's not convinced it isn't. I understand what he feels about it, since I feel the same way about, say, JFK. But we definitely landed on the moon.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
"I truly believe weed is magic" - Joe Rogan

I love you you loving silly bitch

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

dowdy_pants posted:

Just finished the Graham Hancock episode. Never heard of him before. He went from "Wow...interesting!" to "Holy gently caress, what a loon" pretty quick. Good show.

I thought he was pretty interesting all around. Only thing I thought he was loony about was Mars but otherwise poo poo at least made sense. Then again, I'm open to ideas and don't subscribe to any of them.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
My favorite part of that clip is how Joe is explaining the song very literally, even though the song itself is very literal.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Redban is incredibly hosed up in the latest Bert episode. I think by saying he freebased oxy to try it, he is really saying he is now doing oxy for real. He sounds so hosed up in this episode, slurring words, not making any god drat sense. He is more hosed up than ever.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

AltronHGX posted:

I liked how, twice, on the last podcast joe said, while defending marijuana, that it makes "sex taste better" and no one said anything :kiddo: but there were definitely awkward pauses after each time.

He means food, but it does make sex better fo sho

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Training all day, Joe Rogan podcast all night - Nick Diaz

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

MC_ posted:

I tend to agree with you about Carolla's ads being pretty annoying, but in the latest podcast Rogan goes for 15 minutes of fleshlight/alpha brain poo poo before the show even starts.

At least it's entertaining

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Mcqueen posted:

Ya for someone who just lost his wife he seemed pretty upbeat. I'd love to hear him on more often. Now if only Duncan would be the sidekick instead of Redban it would be the greatest show ever.

Duncan has an actual career so that wouldn't be possible

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Anyone remember what death metal documentary they were talking about with the band members who killed each other? It was Swedish or Norwegian if I remember.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Oh god, the dude from Collapse is on the show. Don't know if I'll want to die, or kill Rogan.

edit: was a good podcast actually, but man is it a downer even if he is 20% right

CortezFantastic fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 28, 2011

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Peter North posted:

He came off really loving crazy when he was talking about Fox Magic or whatever keeping him invisible. Lots of doom and gloom and crazy talk. I actually enjoyed the Graham Hancock podcast too

Thankfully they're doing a live one with Everlast right now (and it's good so far)

I couldn't understand what he was trying to say with the fox nonsense. I assumed he meant he thought it kept him off the radar, but anyway you put it is super crazy.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Welcome to the internet, where people will complain about the small nuisances in their free entertainment while they provide nothing to the table.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Listening to the new Callen and Jimmy Burke episode. Dunno if I can get through it because I'm finding Jimmy incredibly annoying and fake.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I don't know why Callen did a podcast through Deathsquad when it would probably be better for him to do it on his own.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Birthday Cake posted:

It looks like Duncan Trussell and Natasha have split up, no more lavender hour. Duncan is starting a solo podcast which will probably be twice as good anyway.

Makes me sad, but at least he is still doing his own thing.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I was tapping out of Rogan's podcast because it was more of the same discussions over and over, but man does this show shine when you get honest, good guests like Mike Paxton. I would never assume this dude lived the life he did. Out of the park episode.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Xguard86 posted:

Carolla is a man's man too but mentions his wife like every episode. I didn't even know Rogan was married until I googled it. Weirds me out sometimes.

If you are with your friends and mention your wife every time, it'd weird me out. It's cool to have separate parts of your life. I don't expect my girlfriend to talk about me to her friends.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Listening to the new Diaz episode and spit out water laughing at them talking about Sandusky and Rogan goes "It's they want kids to feel how they feel. They want bring someone into it....like a vampire."

Child molesters are just like vampires.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
http://i.imgur.com/78YGA.png

A deleted tweet from Joe. April Fools joke or the greatest thing to happen to the podcast?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

-Atom- posted:

Jay Mohr blasted Redban on Twitter.

1. You are not a comic.
2. You have a fake "stage" name.
3. You are Ed McMahon on your own network
4. Comics leave you, because of you.
5. You are not respected by your peers.
6. Change your label name to Exodus.
7. I offered you a job
8. you lied and said I asked you to buy me poo poo.
9. Dark will never defeat Light.
10. http://youtu.be/o8eyWuqRSMM

Those are some silly criticisms for someone very much beneath him. Mohr is probably just trying to get some heat for his own podcast.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Redban is highly delusional and overvalues himself to an incredible degree. He now thinks he is just under Rogan, so of course he is doing to act like this. He can't understand why it's bad that he isn't paying comics, for without them there would be no show. He thinks they all owe him.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

AltronHGX posted:

He picked the wrong person to fight with, who can honestly not adore Duncan? :3:

It's a fight Redban can never win. This week is not good for Brian considering we still have Jay Mohr to poo poo all over him.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

antman posted:

No poo poo, Redban always gets in verbal arguments with professional comedians.
Not to smart.

OH Brian...

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I can't believe how badly Brian hosed himself in a week's time.

edit: well I'm going to use what is probably the end of the Redban era of JRX to refresh the OP. What I'd like people to do is recommend their favorite episodes (since we are up to 200+) or bits on Youtube that I could add to the OP.

CortezFantastic fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 8, 2012

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
It's not like I don't think his spot isn't nessecary, it's just I don't find him funny. I don't hate him or anything, I just don't find awkward interruptions, buttholes and Olive Garden funny. And I would rather someone else by there fulltime instead. I wouldn't even mind if he stayed on as a producer Baba Booey style.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Sock The Great posted:

How would you guys feel about Redban if he was 22 instead of 37?

The same, I know 18 year olds who wouldn't find him funny.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
If you think Bravo is just handing a black belt to his buddy, you are crazy

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
It's a loving comedy show guys. You are looking for them to act like angels, but that's not funny. Maybe if you'd get gorilla hosed every so often you'd understand.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

toggle posted:

It's pretty funny how uncomfortable Joe gets from him at times. Gold

To be fair, how could it not be uncomfortable to be around Andy Dick

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I'd prefer JRX: We got loving AIDS! We've got diseases! We've got fat kids running around!

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Joe Rogan: "Rape is the new human being"

Love this silly bitch

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
To be fair to Joe, Jamie told his point TERRIBLY that even I was agreeing with Joe. Jamie tries to say he is a comedian but he doesn't seem to understand that some comedians have no bounadaries. I don't even like Tosh but the joke was funny. Because it was a joke, to a heckler. gently caress hecklers.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Bohemian Nights posted:

Well, if someone put a gun to his head and forced him to be a shithead, I guess that changes everything

We get it man. You are on the high horse. I personally don't find rape jokes funny, I don't find using friend of the family funny, but I don't get uptight about it because there are situations where it could be funny. In Tosh's case, from all accounts I've heard, he was asked to make jokes about rape, and he started on like "What's funny about it, I don't know the humilation, the powerlessness, etc" and she said there is nothing funny about rape. If he pulled the "Wouldn't it be funny if like 5 guys raped her right now?" I would've laughed. It's ridiculous. He isn't wishing her to be raped. It's just silly. He was highlighting what isn't funny about rape.

Kramer on the other hand, is just a lovely stand up and wasn't even making a joke. He was just screaming friend of the family over and over. He was a lovely stand up and freaked out because he didn't know how to react to a heckler.

And Joe wasn't going alpha, he is just a comedy lover. He thinks it is wrong to tell comics what is funny and what is not. He hangs around with Redban, Duncan and Bert for gently caress's sake.

CortezFantastic fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 17, 2012

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Duncan talking about falling in love with a stripper because she looked like a character from World of Warcraft is adorable. Only he could make me not feel sorry about it.

ps i'm crying

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
The Bulletproof Exec diet guy iswas an aspie, go figure. His book is free for Amazon Prime people though. It's all certainly interesting. The $10k IQ booster is something I must find out about.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Paul Pot posted:

that should tell you cynics that alphabrain might actually work for joe rogan and the definitely not superstitious world of professional poker

As someone who listens to a lot of Rogan, and has taken Alpha Brain, AND has played a lot of poker, let me tell you. Yeah a ton of fools believe in that poo poo. The only thing it gave me was crazy dreams :(

adderall4life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I've listened to the new Shane Smith episode three times now. What an episode. We are hosed.