Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Seltzer posted:

The Jay Leno episode was actually quite good. I was expecting Joe to be overly reverent and for them to talk about cars the majority of the time but neither of those things happened. It ended up being a pretty cool comedy history lesson (well beyond "Let me tell you about Boston comedy in the 80s") and it was a short easy listen (1hr 30 mins). I'd recommend it to anyone else who was skeptical like me.

My only complaint was that Joe kept trying to get Jay to dish out dirt on Sam Kinison when it was apparent that Jay didn't want say too much. On the other hand, Jay is the one who first brought up Kinison not being such a good guy, but Joe kept bringing it up. Granted, Joe has stated many times that Kinison is one of his favorite comedians, but still.

It was a good episode though, and I definitely recommend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

BIGFOOT 200

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

XIII posted:

I am 100% okay with the Bigfoot kooks.

I wanted to go back and count how many times that guys said "Bigfoot 200" during the podcast but I couldn't bring myself to relisten to it.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

I don't consider myself a liberal (though I do think most of Milo's opinions are garbage), and that was definitely the vibe I got during the first interview. This latest one not so much.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

To Battle posted:

Hopefully Milo is banned from Joe's show too, I need to hear the amazing benefits of coconut oil at least once a week.

Since Joe was defending him during the last episode, I highly doubt it.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

Do you have a source? I thought on the doomsday podcast he said he voted for Hillary? I could be wrong cause I was doing a lot of stuff at the time + it was four hours long
Edit: possible he's just fuckin with us

He said more than once during the doomsday episode that he voted for Gary Johnson.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Seltzer posted:

How insufferable is Rollins?

Not at all? Dude leads an interesting life and speaks well.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

willie_dee posted:

And he just lost his book deal as well as said CPAC invite.

And he just resigned from Breitbart.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

bango skank posted:

Just have immortal technique on every week. Joe was arguing against his guaranteed minimum income argument during the show he eventually came around, even if he seems to have completely forgotten it by this point.

I thought it was Eddie Huang that had that discussion and brought Joe around..

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

An Enormous Boner posted:

You're only supposed to discuss the Joe Rogan podcast by throwing out fantasy guest "recommendations" that nobody involved with the show will ever see or consider.

Yes, like Bo Jackson. Rogan wouldn't probably give a poo poo about interviewing him (and Jackson would probably feel the same), but Bo Jackson is now hardcore into archery, so they actually have something in common to talk about.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

An Enormous Boner posted:

I am going to murder you.

Why? I did what you said, didn't I?

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Dirt posted:

Tom Papa is the best JRE guest.

Fact.

I assume you're a fan of bread?

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

[quote="“Slotducks”" post="“473817492”"]
Skip the Sargon episode and double back and listen to Jeff Evans & Bud Brutsman (Again). God drat what an episode.
[/quote]

I saw Jeff Evans speak at a work convention back in I think 2011, and I got an autographed copy of his book. He came off as more of a Boy Scout during his speech, which I guess makes sense while being a motivational speaker at a corporate event. He has some interesting stories, but it was cool hearing him talk as a normal person during the Rogan episode after hearing his prepared routine at the convention.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Kiger_Soze posted:

I like how he fails to mention his double blind placebo controlled study involved around 20 people and a few dropped out.

Or that apparently theyve changed the formula since the controlled study happened.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Harminoff posted:

I'm kind of sad I missed Pauly Shore on Joey's podcast though :(

https://twitter.com/madflavor/status/884266781883473924

He isnt actually dead tho, unless Joey is faster than the rest of the internet.

E: nevermind. He just got Pauly hosed up and they arent gonna post the podcast.

empty baggie fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 11, 2017

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Harminoff posted:

The stars are the gummies Joey eats all the time.

Yeah, I got that. Wonder what happened that they decided to not post the podcast.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

As far as John Ronson goes, if any of you havent read Them yet, do it. Its one of his older books (pre-9/11) but its a fantastic read and it includes his account of the infiltration of bohemian grove with Alex Jones. To me, Ronson has passed HS Thompson for my favorite nonfiction author. All of his writings are on point, but Them is the best introduction to his style of writing. Also, the new audible special is great and should be released in podcast form for free soon.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Sgt. McKill posted:

I think it's Bret Weinstein and Jordan Peterson on tomorrow's episode so... hope everyone likes talking campus politics and SJWs!!

Can't be any worse than his upcoming interview with James Damore.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Speaking of Tom Papa, I keep remembering him from one of those old Comedy Central stand up specials from the late 80s/early 90s (or maybe it was MTVs half hour comedy hour) where he performed his act with a weird Andy Kaufman-like high pitched foreign sounding voice. I swear I remember the name Tom Papa when I think of it, but havent been able to find a clip of it anywhere. From what I remember, it was definitely him, but he had his hair slicked down and made different facial expressions and almost acted like he was from Central America. Maybe it wasnt him that I remember, but I clearly see it and when I heard his name again in the 2000s after over a decade, it definitely brought back that image. Does anyone else remember anything slightly resembling this?

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Its funny that joe decided to push back on Adam Conover but lets people like Jorp and Ben Shapiro spout nonsense unopposed.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Goast posted:

It's almost like he agrees with everything jorp and Shapiro have to say

I get that, but the amount of aggression he displayed during the Adam episode was ridiculous considering the topics being discussed.

empty baggie fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 18, 2019

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Goast posted:

hmm wonder why he does the whole nice guy schtick for people that he agrees with but not for the people that challenge his view of the world too much

Thats not my point and I think you know it. Joe wasnt even letting Adam finish a thought before pouncing on him for something that most of the time wasnt even the point trying to be made. Joes never that aggressive with anyone unless its negative weed talk. Its like he came into the episode with a chip on his shoulder before the conversation began, and he constantly picked at him over mostly nonsense. Sure, they had a couple of legit disagreements, but Joe started attacking before Adam even got a point of view across, and I highly doubt Joe had any reason to not like the guy before the interview even started.

Hell, even Jamie seemed to sense it and interjected a couple of times in Adams defense. Maybe Joe was just in a bad mood when the interview started, or maybe he felt that he could alpha Adam, or maybe hes intimidated by people like jorp because he knows theyre smarter than him and hes afraid of seriously questioning anything in fear of sounding stupid, but someone like Adam comes along and suddenly he thinks hes found someone he can best intellectually, even if hes nitpicking on a side comment thats just mildly related to the actual topic of conversation.

empty baggie fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 19, 2019

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

I think joe finally calmed down by the end and actually listened. Maybe because the topic switched to Adams career and not poo poo Joe thinks hes an authority on (not that hes not an expert on certain topics).

The whole big tits, big hips, tiny waist thing he kept hammering onto was irritating. Yes, he has a point, but thats not to say other people arent attracted to different body types. Or different sexes, etc. Yes, what he was saying is probably correct in some ways as far as evolution goes, but humans also continue to evolve and things change over time. I should also point out that hes also married to a big tit, big hips, small waist woman, so hes making blanket statements because its what makes sense to his Neanderthal self and some intellectual hes had on the show reiterated his world view to him so it must be absolute truth.

(And not to say that the whole theory isnt true on some base level of humanity, but the point is Joe went hard when it really wasnt appropriate or necessary.)

empty baggie fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Apr 19, 2019

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Yeah, I also have no interest in downloading Spotify. I have too many podcasts in Overcast that I don't get to as it is, and I don't really care to have my podcasts spread across multiple apps.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

hot sauce posted:

Had no idea anyone didn’t have Spotify these-days. I cant name more than 5 friends/family members who use Apple or another app

See, Im the opposite. I dont know anyone who uses Spotify, and everyone I know who pays for a music subscription uses Apple.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

I should add that most of the people I know dont pay for music subs at all and the only phone apps they use are Facebook and YouTube. Thats life over 40 in rural Appalachia. A lot of them love JRE, so I guess theyre about to start using Spotify.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Lambert posted:

Apple Music is pretty terrible, I find. Not just the interface, but the lack of playlists by other users really kills the service for me, it's a huge advantage Spotify has. It's very easy to search for anything (like a game, or TV show) and find curated playlists by other users that contain the music of whatever you were searching for.

Apple Music definitely has this, although Im sure theres not as many as on Spotify.

I made a Hotline Miami soundtrack playlist with my own uploaded tracks several years ago, and it still gets regularly added by other Apple Music users.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Sedgr posted:

Latest fight companion podcast also continues to reinforce that Eddie Bravo is one of the dumbest humans alive.

And Brenden Schaub seems to be quickly turning into Eddie Bravo Jr.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

It was kinda dumb on Joes part to, right off the bat, make a lovely general statement about actors with one (well, 2 I guess) sitting right across from him, but Michael Imperioli did seem a bit aloof.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

If you like Bert Kreischer, he has three podcasts. The Bertcast is usually good. The BillBurt podcast (with Bill Burr) is pretty entertaining, and 2 Bears 1 Cave with Tom Segura is almost always hilarious.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Guess he doesnt have to worry about the Goldbergs production disrupting his podcast anymore.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Hannity defended Imus and O&A, and Jim had always loved him because of this. FREE SPEECH!

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Plus, Fox News always had comics like Jim, Patrice, Ant, etc as guests on Red Eye and other shows as talking heads, so again Jimmy has always seen them as allies.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

I'm a dumbass and posted it in the wrong thread lmao. But that makes sense I just figured with Anthony fired ages ago they wouldn't be inviting far right talking heads on.

Keep in mind that Jim still considers Anthony his best friend and appears on the compound show like once a week. Or he used to before COVID. I dunno how frequently he appears now.

Sam isnt gonna protest because those right wing guys sometimes get the show media attention, and hes also not gonna try to piss off Jim by disagreeing with him.

Groovelord Neato posted:

I'm a dumbass and posted it in the wrong thread lmao.

lol I just realized this wasnt that thread too.

empty baggie fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 1, 2020

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Yeah sorry, that was Jim Norton and Sam Roberts on SiriusXM channel 103 talk that apparently has JRE fans mixing up threads. JRE was originally influenced by O&A, so its not totally off topic I guess.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

DrVenkman posted:

Also, Chapelle tested positive for Covid and Joe posted a picture of them together earlier this week. I really don't know why comedians are insisting that they have to go on stage to share their funny thoughts at times like this.

I had a feeling this would happen as soon as I saw that pic of the whole crew with Elon Musk and Grimes two days after she had tweeted about enjoying her COVID-19 DayQuil buzz. That means that along with Chapelle, Joe, Michelle Wolf, Ron White, and Donnell Rawlings (among others) were potentially exposed. Joe has said that they know who exposed Chapelle and it wasnt Grimes, but Im not totally buying it.

Cant remember which podcast it was, but someone has said that because of COVID, Ron White had basically retired from stand-up but was convinced to go on stage one night, and he immediately started going up almost every night since. The laughs and attention is an addiction to stand-up comedians.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Zugzwang posted:

Case in point, he is evidently not getting the vaccine because he feels like he is healthy enough to not need it. Meanwhile, he had on Michael Yo back in the spring. Yo caught covid early in the pandemic. He's is younger than Joe and very health-conscious, and yet he said on the show that his covid case was so horrendously awful, he would have pushed the eject button on life if he had one at the time.

No, but don't you see? Michael Yo had been touring so he was tired, which meant his immune system was compromised. Joe is in peak physical condition and never gets tired. Why isn't Dr. Fauci promoting exercise and diet to combat the pandemic?Joe says that's all you need.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Hinchcliffe and Redban do Kill Tony together. It's really the only successful thing either of them have going.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

wooger posted:

Burr thinks he can't possibly say or think anything bad as he has a black wife, is all.

For fucks sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

There are plenty of other comedians that arent associated with the Rogan crowd and dont whine about cancel culture and whatnot. TBH I dont recall Bert complaining all that much about that stuff, although he tends to be annoying for other reasons.