Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Xguard86 posted:

This right here is the killer. If he was like, 23 then whatever but my lord how can you be that loving dumb and annoying after living half your life.

On a recent JRE or Icehouse Chronicles someone calls Brian out briefly for hanging out with 20 year olds. I think it was Shapiro who called him out, but I have been going through so many podcasts lately I can't remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Bonezone 5 is on iTunes now. I haven't listened yet. Is it now heavily edited? It's still 2.5 hours.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

VERTiG0 posted:

I just started listening to the podcasts and am listening to the one from Jan. 11th right now. Did he just suggest drinking your own piss while on a mushroom trip? This show is fuckin hilarious.

He has ingested his own piss at least twice.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Why does Joe always talk about jaguars attacking cavemen? He is obsessed with jaguars.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Whoooaaahhhhh, jaguars SONNNNNNNNNNN

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Men can make tons of babies because jaguars are eating so many of them SONNNNNN

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

-Atom- posted:

deadmau5 will be joining Joe, Russel Peters, and Eddie Bravo tonight. I'm wondering if Russel is going to try and call out deadmau5 on being one of those "push play" DJs.

I wonder if deadmau5 is going to call out Russel for being one of those "not funny" comedians.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
People who create the music are not the people who consume it. When he creates his music he doesn't necessarily have a drug using audience in mind, though that may be who tends to listen to it.
Drugs may make music better from a listening standpoint, but to some just the act of listening to good music is enough to feel high. I prefer my music sober.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

-Atom- posted:

This is something he's said before in the past. He said the only reason he married his current wife was that A. it made her happy and B. they had a kid together

I'm interested in seeing what she looks like, since he always talks about liking girls with some meat to them.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Did anyone listen to today's Duncan Trussel Family Hour?
Joe went on a serious woman hating rant near the end.
Other than that, Duncan's podcast is the best podcast around.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Typhus733 posted:

Lately I've noticed when you boil it down, Joe really only talks about 3 things; "big dick," "gay," "gorrila loving."

You mustn't leave out Jaguars.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I get no sound for that link no matter where in the video I go to.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
If he never paid Duncan, then Duncan has every right to complain. Everyone should be paid for their work.
I love Duncan too much to ever side with the man-child Redban.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Smeed posted:

Eddie Bravo and Joe are on and... no Brian! Hopefully this goes well and becomes a regular thing.

Hopefully the no Redban thing becomes regular...but not the Eddie Bravo thing.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

mcvey posted:

This is why I've stopped listening to JRE unless it's one of the usual really good guests. I can't take Joe Rogan's stupidity anymore.

Is Duncans podcast any good?

Duncan's podcast is the best podcast on the internet.
Don't skip the first 20 minutes. His commercials and intro banter is hilarious.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I'm ok with all the Egypt stuff he was talking about, but near the end of the podcast he took a turn for the loony bin with the other topics he was talking about. You could tell that Joe wanted him to stop speaking and just end the show.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Joe hit a new low on the Duncan episode when he was talking about evolving chimps in to proto-homonids in 36 years with mushrooms.
At least Duncan finally chimed in that this kind of change would take much longer than that.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Joe telling Immortal Technique about wolves was one of the stupidest conversations I have ever listened to.
I swear Joe is more caveman than man.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Everything he said was just so stupid.
How could he be giving out wolf killing statistics from 300 years ago and act like they still hold true. I am glad IT called him out on that.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

ZeroDays posted:

So anyone still listening to the Duncan Trussell podcast? I tried to pick it up again, but I was so offended by that stupid digitally altered voice he greeted me with on the Chelsea Peretti (who?) episode that I turned it off within 10 seconds. Shame, the actual podcast might have been worth listening to, but what once got a pass as charming quirkiness just strikes me as loving annoying and occasionally creepy now.

Chelsea Peretti is a funny comedian who has done a bunch of podcasts.
His opening voice thing was a bit. It lasted under 10 minutes.
DTFH is the best podcast ever.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

TwistedNails posted:

Twisting the Wind with Johnny Pemberton and DTFH are my favorite non JRE casts.

I love the phone calls Johnny makes. The one in the episode before the most current one where he just starts saying Ohm with his voice filter on had me crying.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Duncan has an encyclopaedic knowledge of the books and concepts he reads about, and his ability to take complex ideas and boil them down to the basic concepts and deeper meanings is amazing.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I thought it was pretty funny when Greg Proops mentioned that he didn't want to be one of those guys who reads one thing and then talks about it like he is an expert *cough joe cough*

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

ZeroDays posted:

The strangest thing about the JRE is that Rogan seems to genuinely believe that Brian is a unique specimen, apparently oblivious to the huge army of Brians splattered all over 4chan and Reddit. Hitler cat Olive Garden Butthole farts indeed. It's just so generic "lol randomz" that Rogan thinks is one-of-a-kind. It blows my mind that he (Redban) actually does stand-up, and I can't imagine how his routine would go since he's never displayed any real wit. Anyone ever seen him? Hell, I'm curious

Joe also thinks he is a genius because he can set up a few mics and record a podcast.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Jerome Louis posted:

I thought Choe was awesome, way better than Inoue. Plus when Yoshi started talking about when he beat up an old lady in Japan, poo poo was crazy. One of the better episodes in awhile.

Not just an old lady. His step mother.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Nobody HAS to do a 3 hour podcast 3-4 times a week for years on end.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
It was like listening to three high school kids get drunk for the first time. Horrible podcast.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
It was a great podcast.
His mom is really smart and well spoken. You can totally see where Duncan gets it from. They are brilliant.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
It's on graph paper so it is smarter.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

BottledBodhisvata posted:

So is Redban off the show or something now? He hasn't been in the past few episodes, has he?

He is traveling the rurld

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

always be closing posted:

I love it. Asprey seemed like a dbag when he was on. No one can hold a candle to cliffy b though, that guy is the king of smug dorks.

Send him a PM. He's a goon.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

always be closing posted:

What's his username? Guy never showed in the gears of war 2 thread to answer for his crimes.

Take a guess...

Cliffy B

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

JohnsonsJohnson posted:

Best Eddie Bravo episode ever.

So you mean one where he is a no show?

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
She was being silly about the whole thing.
Jerry never purposefully thought to only have white men. He just thought of people he would like to film with.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
The Joe Rogan Experience: the only podcast where experts in a field talk about fields completly outside of their expertise for 3 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
She has done probably 10 episodes of Talkin poo poo with Eddie Ifft. Eddie is crap, but Miss Pat is hilarious.