Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Dirt posted:

Idk if you follow politics much or not but "Hillary is sick /frail /unhealthy/sits on pillows (not joking) " is a right wing talking point at the moment.. Because they are basically desperate to deflect from the poo poo show that is the Trump campaign and the fact that he's getting crushed in all the polls at the moment .

Do they typically remove their Ronald Reagan shrines from view while making these accusations or do they just leave them there for maximum comedic effect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

beep by grandpa posted:

It happens to everyone as they age, I think. There's that one very famous quote (the one about having no heart when you're 20 or no brain when you're 50, etc).

This isn't necessarily true. I'm less than a handful of years away from Rogan and as I've gotten older I've gone way more left. Mostly because I've met more people and learned more about people in different situations than mine and traveled more. It probably also helps that I've been able to have read more as well.

This is not self-congratulation. This is just possessing basic empathy. If this is having "no brain" then I'm fine with it. I think people who use the excuse of being older to justify bullshit FYGM ideals are ironically the ones acting like narcissistic self-absorbed children.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

beep by grandpa posted:

Consider re-looking up the definition of empathy if you, with no irony, call people "narcissistic self-absorbed children with bullshit FYGM ideals" because they have different political positions from you :frogbon:

If you think that empathy and FYGM are somehow compatible I'm not sure if all the weed that Joey Diaz is probably carrying right now will help.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

hot sauce posted:

I think he's trying to say that empathy includes putting yourself in the shoes of (all) other people, even narcissistic self absorbed ones, not that the right is empathetic.

But this is the JRE thread so the more pertinent questions are as follows:

(1) what would sasquatch think about this?

(2) if sasquatch disagreed, would he become so despondent as to break his ketogenic diet?

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

beep by grandpa posted:

superior empathy

I eat a lot of Kale so that helps and I hunt the Kale myself.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Helical Nightmares posted:

Do it with a bow and arrow.

I use a club which I whittled the end of into the face of a gorilla whilst on ayahuasca.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

beep by grandpa posted:

I wish Dave Foley would come back and to the podcast again seeing as how he's been in TV and stuff lately. He was on like 5 years ago and it was some really compelling but sad poo poo (because of Canada's outrageous custody(?) laws he basically can't go back there or he'll be arrested or some poo poo and it was all just really sad. Don't marry crazy, people).

The Kids in the Hall have done cross-Canada tours since then so the issue must have been resolved.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

CortezFantastic posted:

I don't know why he would be a fan of Milo outside of him thinking the british accent makes him sound smart.

Because Joe is afraid that he eventually won't be able to play colleges with his material and Milo used "defending free speech" to politicize his need for attention and Joe bought it.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Seltzer posted:

Surely there is an amazing D&D thread you can discuss this in.

It's relevant to his podcast but I actually agree that I'd prefer to hear about Joe's latest Bigfoot theory or a story about Joey Diaz taking a poo poo in the ladies room (*) any day. This is not sarcasm.

(*) he's paid the price

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

I think it's because some student association booked him as a speaker and he delivered a boilerplate speech, mocked people who were studying areas he considers useless, and cashed his check after bailing out asap once he had fulfilled his obligations so they whined about it on Reddit because they didn't realize that this is what 99.9% of academic speakers are like.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
It would be great if Joe would get back to fun podcasts and give the whole soapbox for annoying smug assholes (crypto-nazis, reddit atheists, embittered intellectuals, etc.) thing a rest. He's really great at fun stuff and his whole shift to the other poo poo lately is fine in small doses but lately has just become depressing.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Pocket Billiards posted:

Now I'll go weeks without listening to anyone.

On the positive side, I find myself listening to Your Mom's House way more because I tend to listen to that whenever I swipe to delete a JRE, which is most of the time now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VbNx9Cb9Jw

It's infinitely more interesting to listen to Segura gently caress around rather than listen to Joe interview some loving libertarian bow-hunter who is still really mad about Hillary Clinton.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Dirt posted:

Can we just turn this into a Your Mom's House thread?

JRE is depressing. YMH's often activates the lingam. Easy choice.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

toggle posted:

fartin on you haters

Joe will shut up about all this stuff eventually, he always does.

If you're also an MMA fan you might remember that for like a year Joe found a way to work in a monologue about steel Muay Thai jock cups into every broadcast. Eventually he got bored with it and doesn't bring it up anymore. He's obsessive that way.

Embittered academic neo-nazi atheists who are mad at Hillary Clinton are just the new Asian steel dick protectors.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Harminoff posted:

Seems to be some weird anti science movement. See Bill Nye.

An anti-science person could not in his wildest anti-science dreams conceive of a way to make Bill Nye look more ridiculous than he did all on his own on his Netflix show. It's just one long sad cringe to watch.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

itsnice2bnice posted:

Some retarded vocal minority in the comments isn't representive of anything.

I'm not sure if you can convince me that it was normal for the JRE to have a comment section full of people mad at the guest for being a "zionist cuck" a year ago.

People mad about strontium-90 in Ovaltine being put into needles that doctors inject into Americans while they sleep? That was always normal. Now I miss those guys.

InfiniteZero fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 10, 2017

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

itsnice2bnice posted:

The idea that Rogan is cultivating an audience of anti-semites just seems pretty absurd to me, especially considering the fact that he's had something like five Jewish guests on in the past four weeks.

I don't know if he specifically and intentionally cultivated the audience but he did have a long stretch where he turned his podcast into a soapbox for people who would definitely attract that audience.

Whether Joe had completely thought that through at the time is open to debate and I actually think he probably hadn't (ie: he didn't actually intend for his show to become really popular with nazis and instead thought he was fighting some sort of actual threat to comedy or whatever) but that's just my opinion.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

beep by grandpa posted:

-literally every goons hot take on everything that has ever existed

"It's not the band I hate, it's their fans" has been a thing since people started public performance.

There was probably some caveman banging on a rock somewhere and Thag really thought Grog was onto something with the rock banging thing but the fact that Frik and Frok were also into it ruined everything.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Seltzer posted:

I love the idea of using youtube comments as concrete evidence for anything.

I for one did not experience success until the day I discovered three ASCII penises in the comments of one of my videos. Until then, my life was a hollow shell.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
The Urijah Faber/Cody Garbrandt episode was pretty good. I had not heard the story of the woman barging into Faber's house and making GBS threads herself in his bathroom. Sacramento sounds interesting.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Ulio posted:

The thing that surprised me is why Faber didn't stop her. I mean he is a smaller guy in UFC but he is still a former world champion.

Because he's smart. If they had even tried to gently guide her back outside there would be news stories about "MMA FIGHTERS TERRORIZE WOMAN!" and lawsuits. Instead he started recording as quickly as possible and documented how passively they responded, even as she literally poo poo up the place.

I know that the NHL and NBA train players in how to deal with exploitable situations and maybe the UFC does too but that would imply that the UFC gives a poo poo about the fighters so yeah I crack myself up, so I guess Faber just knew how to handle it.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Groovelord Neato posted:

Joe Rogan’s Galaxy Brain

I have huge problems with a lot of the people Joe gives a platform to but when did Joe try to convince anybody that he's the most-informed person about anything? If anything, one of the reasons I still like Joe is because when he has a dingus like Peterson on, I can laugh at Joe for being such a moron.

Also Rogan's other job is full of instances of him saying "this guy is one of the pound for pound scariest guys on the planet and ... OH MY GOD HE'S KNOCKED OUT!". His podcast stays on the same brand really.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Amoxicilina posted:

I guess it makes him sound honest and not a bullshitting con-man.

Somebody needs to explain to Joe that guys like Lazar are the science equivalents of fat guys who claim to know how to stun a man using a karate chop that they learned at a top secret Kumite tournament to the death held in the woods, because when Joe hears that kind of thing, he jumps all over it and instantly recognizes it for what it is.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Amoxicilina posted:

Never gonna happen. Every Bob Lazar, Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson that bamboozles him with fancy words emboldens him even further .

Which is so frustrating because the fat guy who confidently claims he could knock out Jon Jones by applying two fingers of pressure to his "vega nerve" the way he learned how at a martial arts school in a strip mall is running the exact same self-delusional con. Completely imaginary self-indulgent bullshit wrapped in fancy words that's easily debunked by anybody with the slightest bit of actual competence.

Now I'm complaining to a brick wall though.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
Joe surrounds himself with some weird people. Ari is a piece of poo poo. Bryan Callen is a bad hack at everything he does. Joe has top level MMA people asking to be on the show but instead of making any of them a regular we get Brendan Schaub. Maybe cannabis is bad for your decision making after all.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

piratepilates posted:

if anyone here doesn't watch ymh and doesn't know what we're talking about, behold the mcdonald's set:

It looks like a special episode of The People's Court set inside a McDonald's. Their old studio was perfectly fine.

Rogan's new studio is obviously a nod to the beginnings of his podcast and is an interior view of a Fleshlight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

FogHelmut posted:

I do like this podcast, but I'll never defend him or his dumbass opinions on vitamins and saunas making you covid-proof. Just listening over the last 8 months, he is so terrified of having a sore arm and MAYBE feeling a little tired from a normal immune response to a vaccine. Never seen anyone make such a big event over the potential for a minor inconvenience.

... but making GBS threads out chunks of your intestinal lining because you ingested horse medicine is fine.