Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Sometimes I want to send Joe the forms to enroll in some introduction to X classes at his closest UC. He asks all these questions and wonders about all this poo poo that you could actually learn quite a bit about from just taking intro to Econ or Anthropology 101. It's not super irritating because he's not acting like he knows more than he does, but I just sit there thinking poo poo Joe, XX isn't that complicated

Xguard86 fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Oct 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
we all bitch about the show but Redban really does make Joe and friends seem way cooler with the contrast of how horrible he is. Redban is the ink field to Joe Rogan's Octopus.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

Redban has actually been OK, at least to me, for the last few episodes. He does much better when he drops goofy one liners and quick dumb jokes.

He just doesn't have the rant, or funny story stuff down and when he tries its not funny, just really really annoying and childish.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

he really likes it, which is really a bad sign for him because olive garden is complete trash in almost every aspect.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

Birthday Cake posted:

I don't have any huge problems with redban, in fact i kind of like him. But I do often forget he's almost 40 years old and not in his twenties.

This right here is the killer. If he was like, 23 then whatever but my lord how can you be that loving dumb and annoying after living half your life.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

that is pretty much in line with the majority of America.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

this podcast is listed under comedy. If you keep that in mind, you will be fine.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

Carolla is a man's man too but mentions his wife like every episode. I didn't even know Rogan was married until I googled it. Weirds me out sometimes.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

AltronHGX posted:

I think the point is, and it was the point I was making, is that people tend to mention their relationships on a semi-daily basis because most people consider that a large/important part of their life.

Man, I know I sound like such a downer in this thread but I like Joe- it's just that one aspect about him that really weirds me out :shobon:

ya it's more that he never has any stories with his wife or talks about anything related to that. Even his kids come up from time to time, but never his wife. He's pretty open about everything else, it's odd that he never has a comment on marriage or stories featuring mrs Rogan.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

I feel like the redban role is important but surely they could find a cooler guy to produce the show and ballast the crazy.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

I love mike dolce trying to get Joey Diaz down to actually getting poo poo done. The guys hilarious but he's not giving up the good life

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

I enjoyed the Maynard podcast. Def not funny but Maynard is an interesting dude that I know nothing about. Plus if you do bjj you are automatically in the same club and can be friends, I think Joe and James got along fine.

Immortal Technique actually impressed me. A lot of "smart" rappers have basically read wikipedia and I can't understand why everyone fawns all over them for being geniuses but he seemed like he might have actually read a book or two. It was annoying when Joe cut him off but sometimes it seemed like Immortal might monologue for way too long without someone getting in there.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

I don't know if its been the guests, luck or real effort but Redban has actually been less annoying and decently funny for the last few podcasts. Burbank Badboy Brian redBan was great.

He does way better putting in little quips than trying to tell stories or...talk too much.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

I think sasquatch is not a matter of fact for Joe but desire. A bipedal ape man stalking the northwest is his santa claus.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

DerbyTime!!! posted:

Yeah, this is all true and it makes it all the more sad when privilege of any kind comes up he gets super defensive about being successful and they seem to be pretty much the only topics he does that about.

I would imagine its always hard to justify (even to yourself) why you've got like 20 million dollars and didn't cure cancer or found a business. He probably feels kind of weird about it himself.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

If you put banana and some kind of berry in it tastes like that and less terrible.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

it was pretty good. Joe was on fire funny and Immortal Technique and Crew were great. Even Redban was decent, although I feel like hes been much better the last couple of weeks. Or I've just hit a saturation point and its like a sewer worker that can't smell the poo poo.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

Brekelefuw posted:

Joe telling Immortal Technique about wolves was one of the stupidest conversations I have ever listened to.
I swear Joe is more caveman than man.

if you can't share in Joe's child-like glee for large carnivorous animals then you need to unsuscribe right now because its only going to get worse.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

I do like the running gag that Joe is building a mutant man army for when poo poo falls apart.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

I think I've heard Joe talk about his forum being a poo poo hole in the past.

I think most fan forums based on things that appeal to the 18-29 testosterone demographic are like that, in my younger stupider days I was a semi-regular at the Tucker Max forum and it was full of terrible people. I lost interest after a year when I realized I was a teenager and cooler than most of the regular "adult" posters. I think it was eventually shut down after weird real life stalking and creepy behavior kept reoccurring.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

bigperm posted:

That's just something a silly person says.

I would be okay with if not in favor of all those things.

Although I'd require an amendment offering exceptions from the kettle bell workout with proof of enrollment in a jiu-jitsu academy with attendance exceeding 2x per week.

Also, we'd need a way to gamble on wild kingdom.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

I am perfectly willing to believe Alpha Brain works but in a way similar to how Laudanum and all those patent medicines worked in the 19th century. So, in 100 years they'll be saying You took what?! And it was legal? after a whole bunch of people go blind or crazy after taking it for 10 years.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Callen is great because he has diarrhea of the mouth and comes off very well in doing so.

I can't tell if I love or hate Brian Callen. Sometimes he gives off the strangest vibe and creeps me out but he seems like a good dude the other 99% of the time and he is funny enough to enjoy listening to for three hours.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

diesiel posted:

I like Callen; he's definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed, though

I think he's about as smart/informed as Joe except Joe views himself as ignorant where Callen thinks he's got it all figured out, which is why hes less likable.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

Eddie Bravo holds a special place in my heart as the only JRE guest who can ever make Joe say "This is a crazy conspiracy and you're full of poo poo"

I wonder if its more that Joe is more polite to his other crazy guests and feels comfortable enough with Eddie to speak up.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

heads too small.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

I don't Joe even has an overly high opinion of his forum.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

its dumb as hell but fun. I like it a lot better when they have MMA guys or non-conspiracy theory guests. I can handle the dumb when its goofy.

Highlights (in no particular order):

- JT telling Joe how British government works
- What if the queen of england was a lesbian?
- People are ticklish as an evolutionary defense against spiders
- JT's gambling problem
- Brian and JT having a tickle fight

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

I give a lot of slack to non professional talkers in these things. Weed or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

Jerome Louis posted:

It was cool when that Dan Carlin guy was talking about how the internet was a powerful tool for communication and organization and Joe barged in mid sentence talking about how the internet was going to allow people to read each other's minds soon.

Joe Rogan: Visionary

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21604005