Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

hot sauce posted:

Jocko Willink, SteveO, Ari, Megan Phelps, Paradise Podcast, Bill Burr, and Judd Apatoe episodes have all been pretty entertaining imo. I skip guests like this YouTube guy.

JRE is good when he has a guest that actually kind of accomplished something in life, Sargon of Akkad was pretty awful and I turned it off once Joe was like "umm aren't you totally being a victim?" and the dude was "no, because it's different for MEEEEE."

The best thing is Joe constantly telling him to explain all his acronyms and poo poo because normal people haven't heard of these memes and poo poo and the guy is incredulous.

I'd rather listen to Joe and his buddies talk about hunting and vacations in their hotel room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Pocket Billiards posted:

Josh Barnett on for some nuanced discussion on economic systems, how soccer is gay and living under the tyranny of the SJW.

he's right

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I poo poo my pants when she said, about Gwyneth Paltrow's vagina egg things, "if you want to strengthen your vagina just do some kegels on a dick. It's a win for everyone."

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

He also interviews hunters.

And fighters.

And comedians.

Honestly his podcast is fine, the only times I skip is when he interviews somebody on the right, although I didn't know who Sarkon of Akkad was and was entertained by how stupid the guy was that Joe couldn't help but point out his double standards and inconsistency in logic.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I enjoyed the hell out of the Dorian Yates and Jamie Foxx episodes.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

KyloWinter posted:

What caused Joe to go down this right wing rabbit hole. I'm guessing his conspiracy theory background.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Teenaged girls started posting their opinions online (serious)

Maybe, but Joe's opinions on things depend greatly on his guests.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Oh drat - I love Quest Bars too :smith:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Dirt posted:

So the Ari, Bart and the Water Champ episode was awesome.
Faber and Garbrandt episode was good.
Joe was on a roll with good guests. Then he had that dork who got fired from google on. lol

Redban was on today though, i'll check that out tomorrow.

More comics and MMA dudes please.

The dork was real bad because he's not super articulate and doesn't have anything interesting to talk about.

"I guess women didn't take it well when I said they were more likely to be neurotic" - a single goon who definitely doesn't hang out with enough women to know that saying something like that might upset people.

Also Bert is hilarious. "I could run a marathon, easily" - a man who drinks 10+ alcoholic beverages every day.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Listening to Amy Alkon talk about fitness and nutrition is very :suicide: because she doesn't know what the gently caress she's talking about and yet really insists that eating an all meat diet is totally okay because the Inuits do it, or "I totally lift weights" while she's lifting 8 pound dumbbells or some poo poo.

The Alonzo Bodden and Jim Norton episodes are pretty good though.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

An Apple A Gay posted:

in the last fifteen minutes he tried to explain how the public owning shares whatever was what would stop the government from taking it away
i'm still amazed at how he described
joe and i were loving dumbfounded haha

I think it's a scam personally.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Firas Zahabi is a little too in his head for me to enjoy his episode - he goes off into this rant on the epistemology of science, how our occurring or understanding of science and facts is governed entirely by the language in which we use to describe our experience of reality, and how nothing is True if we take the case that it’s all created in language (and language is made up).

I don’t really disagree with anything he’s saying, it’s just not enjoyable for me to listen to. I want to hear about how he trains or stories about MMA fighters that he’s worked with.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Pocket Billiards posted:

Can't wait to hear pirate man get lectured about college ess jay dubleyas for 90 minutes

Nope, it was a really good episode and didn’t dive into that area at all.

Joe just needs to book more cool people and less culture warrior types.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Morphix posted:

no you're right, I only ever hear vegans talking about their diets and how epic everything is

I've never heard of a single epic Meat Eater (TM) proclaim loudly how he's the alpha male because meat is his choice of diet and all other diets are bullshit and wrong and how his diet is the best and doctors are the real liars with their anti-gains agenda.

Dude we had Kermit Petersen’s daughter on just 4 days ago

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Morphix posted:

do I need to put a /s so you dorks know I'm being facetious? I mean I literally posted a stupid meat meme that took an entire generation of young men and made them loving insufferable for like 5 years.

My point is anyone who says 'vegans always pushing their agenda' in response to one person posting one stupid link when we just had a dumb teenager tell us why meat eating is the best on the most popular podcast in the world is a loving idiot.

I’m sorry for not knowing every loving dumb meme from the last decade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

toggle posted:

Maybe this is his exit strategy? Sellout after 10 years? Good for him I guess. Too bad about the audience.

I don’t get it, how this this affect the audience? Spotify is a free download and he’s still doing video + podcasts