Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

mcvey posted:

You know you don't have to have a friend like that.

Sorry, mate, you don't have enough friends. Simple as that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

So, uh, anyone here tried out the Joe Rogan Placebo Pills?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Yeah, I've checked the ingredients list a bunch of times and all of them seem to be either unproven to have any desired effects on humans(but brilliant on rats brains), might possibly help if you have Alzheimer's(or any other age-related) disease but most of them are in a too small dose to do really anything.

There's only one person in that thread who's taken any and he said only that he can remember his dreams better. Have you taken any?

This just sounds like a classic placebo effect. Plus, let's be honest, Joe Rogan is the perfect person to defend his placebo to death.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I agree. I also used to take piracetam(but stopped because it's a hassle to get over here) and I would say it had a slight effect on my dreams but for the 'brain effects' I'd say maybe. If there was anything it was definitely subtle and/or something of the placebo variety.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Flying-Chip posted:

I just listened to ep #147 with Duncan Trussel and for once I agreed with Redban, Joe and Duncan like to pretend they are super deep but you can tell that they haven't even been to a philosophy 101 class. Get on some Plato and Aristoteles, bitches.

I agree and I loved when in the next episode Redban asked questions like "What if when you sneeze, you're meant to touch a pyramid?"

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

They're usually all the same, aren't they.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I have never heard anyone speak about PC viruses as much as Joe Rogan.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

It's fine but it's mostly just Joe talking and Bolelli going "uh-huh yeah yup yup yup."

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I think this podcast has said all the things they have to say(and then repeated it a thousand times) so I'm out. Thanks for reading.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Great job by Brian calling Joe out on whatever poo poo he was spouting about mushrooms and christmas cards.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I don't think Joe "I gently caress my wife THE RIGHT WAY" Rogan knows tender love making.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Really enjoying how defensive Joe's bullshit pills ads have been lately.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I get Joe's AlphaAnger now. People on his forums are loving vicious about it. It's quite entertaining to read.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

On the forums he said it was "joking among men" and you either "don't have any friends" or "are a woman" if you don't get it.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

http://www.alphanail.com/

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

YES!

Just the guest I need to get back on track after skipping the last 10 or so.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

jyrka posted:

YES!

Just the guest I need to get back on track after skipping the last 10 or so.

Aaaaah I can't do it. Rogan's so stupid.

Thanks for reading.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Why do they talk about this kind of stuff publicly? Do they think it'll be interesting for the listeners or are they just super unprofessional and can't help themselves?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

At this point, I think that replacing Redban with somebody who's less of a dweeb would take away a lot of the show's charm.

Agreed. Next thing people will want is to replace Joe with someone who knows what he's talking about ever.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Why are bogus science people so attractive to Joe?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Just realised Bill Burr and Jim Norton are different people.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

He looks like a more stressed out Karl Pilkington.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Anyone here been in those water... box chamber things?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

AltronHGX posted:

No, but I'll out myself right here and now and say, no joke, they do sound really loving cool and if I had 8 grand to spend on a box I would :q:

There are probably places near you where you can jump into one for an hour for a little money. I've been eyeing up this one place for months but haven't done it yet. I just went to their website and funnily enough they have a bunch of Rogan videos embedded talking about the tank.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

AltronHGX posted:

Can you post the website? If you or me do it, let's be sure to post our experiences. One hour seems like not enough time based on stuff Joe's said.

It's a place in Tallinn, Estonia so it's not really of any use for you but here you go.

I'll try to do it next week and if I go, I'll make a post.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

That's the trade off Joey Diaz fans have to make. Yeah he's the best in the world of calling vaginas monkeys but on the other hand he's not that bright politically.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

mcvey posted:

Just listening to the Joey Diaz episode now, is that 3 or 4 episodes in a row that Redban's taken a shot at Duncan?

:lol: What's he been saying?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

"I'm not the 1%"

A thing that somebody who has been a network TV star ever since 1994 said in real life last week.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/joe-rogan-net-worth/

He just doesn't know. I'm sure if someone showed him the numbers, he'd accept it.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

indoflaven posted:

Rape culture? What the gently caress is "rape culture" suppose to be? Pretty Kilstein is the only person using that term. He came off like he was just trying to be on a side. When there are none.

It's a pretty common phrase among internet liberals.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

DerbyTime!!! posted:

That's a completely silly-at-best oversimplification. It's a real thing that there are books and research about.

Oh sorry, my bad. I've only heard it being used by the online 'reaching-to-be-offended' crowd.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

With Armstrong dying, I wonder if we'll get some more of Joe just asking questions about the Moon landing. :allears:

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Nice to hear lower tier comedians trying some improv. They did really well. Especially Esther.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Yeah, it was really enjoyable. I guess because they didn't talk much about politics or science aka things Joe doesn't know anything about.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

He was just reading stuff from this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_attacks_on_humans#List_of_fatal_wolf_attacks

I don't know why he didn't pick more recent stuff.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Joe's affectation of him being a half-chimp and grunting a lot is so funny.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Just look at that head.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Joe is right. She can be a woman in a society all she wants but when it comes to women's amateur basketball - there are just some things you do not mess with.

Lovechop posted:

The Tranny League sounds pretty cool to me. Good idea, Rogan.

He can be the announcer too!

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I'm allergic to mushrooms. I wonder what Joe thinks of that.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

He's probably going to try to talk Tyson into smoking weed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

:lol:

Is this what he means when he keeps talking about writing for hours?