Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
What's not flying after Christchurch? What? This thread.

Also, the Ron White podcast was golden. Do recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

am0kgonzo posted:

bernie sanders going on an alt right adjacent podcast to recruit more bros for his campaign!!!

Considering how alt-right he is, this is not surprising.:zpatriot:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Enough stuff about VR that I got myself into a rabbit hole and have spent 3.5k in the past 24 hours building a souped up overkill rig that can power my new Valve Index.

I have a problem.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I actually loved hearing Carmack talk. For a full who claims to e an introvert, he did about 95% of the talking, and it’s clear he likes to talk.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Being a lovely conservationist doesn't make you an aspie.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Pryor on Fire posted:

I thought Dan Aykroyd was pretty interesting at first but by the time he started talking about when a ghost got in bed with him I had to give up and wish I had given up way earlier.

I thought he was being silly to be funny, but... :chloe:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ari is a massive piece of poo poo. Every story we hear about him makes him worse.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Joe probably didn't want to upset Ari, but Ari totally deserved it.

He literally said that he's partially to blame because he's "forcing" Ari to do sober October.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
i didn’t listen to either of those, but i heard it was a shitshow for Dan.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I thought youtube banned his stuff?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Piquai Souban posted:

I used to listen to LPOTL every week, but if it’s not in Overcast it’s kinda out of mind - have never tried to listen to podcasts in Spotify. I think Patreon could solve that, but I moved on.

I’m sure them and Joe will lose 1 of me for gaining access to 2-3 new people, I’m in the minority.

A quote from May, but as a heads up to goons who don't know, it's still available in overcast.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

wooger posted:

It’s not

Weird, I'm still getting episodes from my subscription.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Wark Say posted:

It's still there; like some 14 or so posts above yours, as a matter of fact.

No link??? S’pose I’ll find it with m’boot straps.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

ICHIBAHN posted:

The worst deal ever honestly, what a loving joke

If they break his contract, and he gets out of it while holding onto 100 mil, I'd dare say it's the best deal ever.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

deep space nein posted:

Sir, are you trying to tell me that an ex-addict drug dealer and a bunch of other stuff isn't a good person?? :monocle:

He only went to jail for armed robbery. Jeez.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Anti-vaxxers are gonna have a field day with that. Especially since one of the greater claims against them is that no live viruses are in the vaccines (which is usually true, but sadly not in this case).

Edit: I have no idea who can sit through a 3 hour podcast while not driving. What limited driving I do has been absorbed by the bill bert podcast.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 29, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I’ve stopped listening to him. That’s mostly because I don’t drive much anymore. The bill Burt podcast has filled the void.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Wark Say posted:

I wonder if he's still mad that Bill Burr told him to shut the gently caress up like half a year ago or so when he told him something like "You're sounding as loving dumb as the anti-vaxxers" or something to that effect.

Can't remember the episode because again, it's been like 5 or so years since I've watched any episodes in a row and I only occasionally catch glimpses of his newer interviews and also because I loving loathe Spotify.

Doubtful. Joe has less than the memory of a goldfish, and if you listen to enough Bill Burr, you get rudely reminded that he’s a forklift driver who made it in comedy.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

DrVenkman posted:

The difference with Burr is that he'll say he's an idiot at times. Plenty of occasions he's gone on to talk about something only to catch himself and be like Jesus Christ what am I doing. He knows what he doesn't know, which is already a step up from people like Rogan.

Joe used to say the same. He’d just forget in the next 30 seconds.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
LOL, came to this thread when I saw CNN was gunning for him https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/28/media/daniel-ek-responds-joe-rogan-podcast-controversy/index.html

Anyone who takes medical advice from Rogan has probably already invested all of their life savings in alpha brain supplements and the bunker in their parents' backyard to protect them from Russian biological weapons/ NSA spooks/ and mind probe aliens. He's literally just a health nut who's convinced that his exercise/testosterone/diet/supplement regiment is the cure to everything the world has ever seen. He's not the first, by a long shot.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Burr and Rogan both have no real education to speak of. Before they got into comedy, Joe Rogan was a martial arts instructor and delivered newspapers on the side. Bill Burr drove a fork lift. You're getting those takes in with their podcasts.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Fame Douglas posted:

I only know him from his dumb podcast, and that he does look pretty awful. I kinda doubt he's in the top 1% of the planet, that's super ridiculous. And I'm not sure being on testosterone treatment is a sign of healthiness. Seems the opposite.

Your "super ridiculous" is everyone elses' "almost certainly". You seem to be vastly denying the health of the other 99% of 50 year olds. Please come back to reality.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
How would you define a strong lockdown? There was awhile here in MI where grocery stores, liquor stores, and gas stations were pretty much the only thing open

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've said before in this thread, but Joe's best looked at as a gullible little brother. The amount of things he is learned in his 40's that I knew when I was 11 is kind of stunning. He graduated high school, which kind of shows you how much a high school diploma is worth.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

I recall several words he didn't know existed.

My favorite was when he was talking about Round Up and said, "I wonder how many people have even heard of Round Up".

I bet a whole bunch of people, Joe.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Public hating of Joe growing to pretty intense levels! It'd be hilarious if he gets let go from Spotify but gets to keep that spotify money.

They're taking down absolute poo poo tons of episodes where they discuss any celebrity or show business "rumors" going around. Since those are usually him bullshitting around with his friends, they tend to be the better episodes.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

:ironicat:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Keep us posted on the goings-on of twitter

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

If you think about it, human evolution is ultimately an example of cancel culture carried out via an extreme version of chimp replacement theory.

:eyepop:

you should start a podcast!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mister Speaker posted:

Do you think even Jamie is getting tired of Rogan?

In the clip of the recent 'Australia making growing your own food illegal' thing, he says "No, I know what to look for, it's just not coming up." There's a tone there that sounds to me like "I'm so sick of this poo poo."

No matter how cozy of a job it is, I'm sure he's sick of it to some extent. He also really can't take sick days, but I'm sure he has tons of days off that align with Rogan's.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think most stand ups kinda wear thin over time on their podcasts because it takes a long while to hash out solid material and they put out way more than they can sustain.

You also see the patterns they rely on, which has the same kinda feel as learning how a magician does their tricks.

I’ve seen Rogan live and he was awesome, but watching his specials became a slog about 10 minutes in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

a dozen swans posted:

Stand-up has never been funny we were just all stupider in the '10s

stand up is funny, you might just be a dullard