Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
I love these episodes mostly because I guess I want to believe the crazy alternate history stuff (I don't). The only part where he lost me was when he claimed that BBC had produced a character assassination of him. The persecution thing always makes me instantly not believe them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem

Slotducks posted:

This is exactly what turned me around on him. I was all like "yeah dude, Alternative history is alright" then he turned into a whole BBC was trying to destory my reputation!

Sounded way too defensive and shady to be honest.

Yeah there's a good reason he was so defensive about it. It tears him to shreds. This guy is incredibly full of crap. Found it here.

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
"Well McKenna said ..."

It's starting to sound like a verbal tic.

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
Bryan Callen's flat tax bullshit made me like him a lot less. I was with him up until then, and then noooope.

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem

jyrka posted:

Yeah, I've checked the ingredients list a bunch of times and all of them seem to be either unproven to have any desired effects on humans(but brilliant on rats brains), might possibly help if you have Alzheimer's(or any other age-related) disease but most of them are in a too small dose to do really anything.

There's only one person in that thread who's taken any and he said only that he can remember his dreams better. Have you taken any?

This just sounds like a classic placebo effect. Plus, let's be honest, Joe Rogan is the perfect person to defend his placebo to death.

To be fair to Joe, he does admit that they might just be placebos pretty much every show.

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
Joe really needs to get Dan Harmon on the podcast. He was just on The Indoor Kids (link) and he sounded like basically a perfect fit. There was a lot of time spent on one of Joe's favorite topics even (the singularity)!

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

Bobby Kennedy was killed by somebody who was triggered hypnotically

The government is manually reducing hits on my website

Dick Cheney hand-crafted and carried out 9/11

Bill Clinton is a cocaine dealer

Ron Paul 2012

County Sheriffs are the most powerful people in the country

etc

Definitely not saying I believe this but I thought this video was interesting. I know it's not valid evidence for anything.

Also am I the only person who thought Redban actually managed to not be completely terrible in the latest episode? I kind of liked that Hamilton Morris just for shutting down Joe on all his crazy theories even if he was a little too quiet. Also who sounds like that at 24?

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
It was worth it just for someone finally dismissing a bunch of McKenna garbage to Joe's face.

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
He opens the show talking about not wanting to have to hear two women talk. There is a hint of misogyny in at least one thing he says in basically every single episode if you're paying attention. He always backpedals immediately if he catches himself though.

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
The latest episode was boring as gently caress. So many awkward pauses, they just couldn't come up with anything worth talking about.

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem

Peter North posted:

Is it just me or is Joe a lot more annoying than redban recently?

I don't know if I'd go that far, but I definitely think Brian is getting funnier. He still strikes out completely a lot but he normally makes me laugh a couple times per episode now.

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
If you still have any doubts about Joe's feelings towards women, check out the latest Ice house chronicles. I didn't watch the steam but I can't imagine how uncomfortable that room must have been. Holy poo poo.

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
Sorry I was posting from my phone. The video is here, Amy Schumer and her friend come in around 32 minutes in. Rewatching it now though it doesn't seem nearly as bad as it does at the time. Joe just tends to say things that make me uncomfortable whenever there are women around, but that might just be me. I thought the last JRE with Amy seemed a little awkward too, but watching her on camera it doesn't actually seem to bother her so. Whatever.

Just relistened. I'm out of my mind there's no drama here just a couple awkward jokes. Ignore me.

take three tablets fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Apr 18, 2012

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
The Joe Rogan Experience: Whoa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem

Lovechop posted:

Is there some kind of pocket handbook of tranny-friendly language I can buy to carry around with me? Because I don't have a clue what words I'm allowed to use at this point.

Also, Kilstein is a sissy.

Tranny isn't one of them, for a start.