Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Rules

Rapidly Going Deaf is a subforum for the discussion of:

- Podcasts
- Radio
- Personalities with a significant online audio presence
- Other things where people speak and you listen to them speaking

All regular Something Awful rules apply.

In the interest of keeping things chill and it being a nice place to post the two things that will not be tolerated are:

- Being a dick to other posters.
- Posting in threads for the sole purpose of being a dick to everyone that likes a particular show.

There may be other rules in the future, but to be honest I'd prefer it if this were it. I'd like for people to extend this philosophy to reporting people as well. If you want a fairly relaxed forum maybe go easy on the trigger unless something is really a problem.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Sep 22, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Posting Guidelines - Read these before making a new thread

If you're making a new thread for a show, person or a broader subject based thread please put some effort into the OP. Keep in mind the thread isn't just for current fans to discuss their favourite show it, particularly the OP, may be introducing new fans to a show. At minumum the thread should contain a description of the show and the people who make it, a brief history and links to appropriate websites or subscriptions.

Make sure you check the thread doesn't exist already or you might end up wasting your time.

If you want to promote your own podcast or show or one you are involved in please user the Pimp Your Podcast Megathread - Please pay attention to this thing I make thread. Of course if your podcast is popular enough for someone else to make a thread about it or discuss it in another thread you're welcome to join in and respond to your adoring and not-at-all creepy fans.

If you've got a general podcast question, or want a recommendation or have the burning need to say something that isn't covered in any existing thread please use The inevitable RGD recommendation, Q&A and Podtalk megafeed rather than starting a new low content thread. If you want to discuss another aspect of podcasting in depth feel free to start a new thread. If I decide it's better off in Podtalk I'll just lock it and redirect you there.

If you're not sure if a thread belongs here just ask.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 14, 2015

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Contacting thatGravyJones 207-563-5532 aka The Young Homer

If you have a question about the forum, an issue about moderation, want a thread title change, that kind of thing feel free to PM me. the "don't be a dick" rule extends to this. I'm always happy to sort stuff out by PM but don't respond well to people who like to freak out in PMs when things don't go their way.

207-563-5532
Oct 20, 2004
All the stuff above applies, but to me now.

207-563-5532
Oct 20, 2004
I know some podcasts and other shows of an audio nature sometimes decide to charge money for their shows, or early access to shows, or premium episodes that the regular podcast peasants aren't fit to hear. I don't really like that but our motto around is here is "hello I love podcast!", so if you want to hear that stuff too you should show your "love podcast" spirit and pay for it. Its not ok to steal things and its especially not OK to use the forum as a place to do that. Please don't ask for people to upload and post content so that you don't have to pay for it.

That being said I know sometimes pay shows end up on the internet for free, somehow. If otherwise monetized content ends up streaming or for download on a site like youtube that has its own DMCA takedown process, or it's just put there by the artist for some reason, it's OK to link to it. It's also OK to ask if there is something like that out there. Copyright holders are free to protect their copyright or not, and more importantly, I won't have to do it for them. No need to report people for asking if a clip everyone is talking about is out there somewhere for free.

To the sharers, any and all anonymous file sharing links ala rapidshare (RIP) to paid content will be treated as if the poster uploaded it themselves and broke this rule, so don't post them here. If you have to share something that way or feel you have the right to, there are other ways to get that to someone aside from posting it in the forum. To the takers, while it's OK to ask if something is available to you for free, it's not OK to ask if the new pay episode is "out there for free wink wink also my PM box is empty and willing" on a weekly basis, that's annoying.

This seems like a common sense rule to me but feel free to PM me if this rule ruins your life or thread.