Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
I think the show with Penn Jillette is one of the best episodes of the podcast yet, honestly - it would have utterly sucked if he'd gone into his politics, but when he sticks to stories about insane parties and poo poo, it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Any goons going to the late Nerdist taping tomorrow night in NYC? It should be awesome.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
AHHHHHH HOLY poo poo THE LIVE PODCAST WAS AWESOME.

Anyone who was there, I was the big dude up at the front with the R2D2 and C3PO as a Dalek and a Cyberman shirt that got commented on a couple of times.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Walrus Truck posted:

I am insanely jealous, bro. UGH WHY DOES EVERYTHING AWESOME HAPPEN IN NEW YORK. :mad:

What was the turnout for the show?

Wasn't a huge theater, but it was thoroughly packed. Apparently they sold out the early and late shows.

If they put out a podcast of the Jim Gaffigan show, I'm the guy who asks the first question, about their favorite standup comedians. And I was the guy who heckled the Red Sox.

Oh, and there's this:

BrooklynBruiser fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 18, 2011

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

Can we all agree that out of all the podcasts that consistently do live shows that the Nerdist seems to always get the absolute worst audiences?

I haven't listened to the Portland one yet, but the late NYC show was a pretty good audience. (Dunno about the earlier show.) (Biased because I was part of it.)

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
NOOOOOOOOOOOO, the most recent Hostful episode says that the NYC shows' audio files were so thoroughly hosed that they can't post them. :negative:

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Listening to this most recent episode, I really want to hear the Nerdist guys discover TVTropes.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Walrus Truck posted:

Agreed. I like a lot of the jokes he makes, but often times he's far too worried about pleasing everyone and being as PC as possible. When he was in London he made a few jokes/rants over his Twitter feed concerning a "slut" (I think that's what it was?) he happened to see. A few minutes later he deleted all the tweets and was extremely apologetic about the whole matter. If he's a comedian, shouldn't he know there's always going to be /someone/ who will take offense to what you say, no matter what it is? And if he's going to make the conscious decision to write a tweet about a slut, I feel like he should just stick by it. Whenever I see him apologize after he says something that makes people butthurt, I get second-hand embarrassment.

Or, maybe I'm just used to comedians like Frankie Boyle and Jimmy Carr who are generally offensive and never regret using their material.

I dunno, with a situation like that I think it's less a conscious choice to use something as material, and more just getting frustrated/angry and tweeting something out of anger/frustration, then calming down and realizing it was a bad idea and regretting it.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Popelmon posted:

Holy poo poo. The Conan episode was amazing.
And I loved that like 92% of all the words came from Conan. They just asked a question here and there and Conan completely carried the rest.

Yeah, seriously, the Conan episode is awesome.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

indigi posted:

I feel like the podcast has really fallen off lately, and with how infrequently they do hostful episodes (often the only ones worth listening to) I might have to unsubscribe. The NPH interview was so slow and meandering :(

I prefer slow and meandering, personally - that way it feels less like an interview and more like a conversation.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
The new Penn Jillette episode is great, Penn owns and has the best stories.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

The Dark One posted:

I was surprised at how chubby Jonah was in the Mad Men bowling episode. Maybe it wasn't the weight, so much as his body language that seemed off, but it seemed a bit weird considering how aggressive he is towards Matt on the podcast.

Well in one episode, Jonah said something about "the doughy white guy, and the other, doughier white guy," (or something like that) which is really about right. Neither of 'em are in great shape or have great body language.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Matt's looking much better than he used to though. He used to be huge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cEja1zCsbQ

I heard about this video. I had never seen it.

Ow.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Woohoo, got a ticket to the upcoming NYC live podcast! Anyone else going?

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Holy crap, the SDCC episode. John Barrowman is wonderfully dirty.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Walrus Truck posted:

Only John Barrowman could make farting seem precious.

I've listened to the episode a ton of times. God, I love John Barrowman.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Joseph Gordon-Levitt owns.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Tom Motherfucking Hanks, I am going to listen the poo poo outta this episode!

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Neil Gaiman talking about how great Craig Ferguson is was awesome.

The entire Neil Gaiman episode was wonderful.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship: Mel Brooks :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Bunk Rogers posted:

I don't know how Perlman made it through that interview without beating Matt to death. Jesus Christ hes insufferable in this one.

I didn't even notice Mira much in the Perlman one.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

WHY SEE ESS posted:

Kind of disappointed that the podcast I saw live has yet to be uploaded. It was the JFL42 podcast with Kenny (from Kenny vs Spenny) and Mark Little. The other JFL42 podcast with Andy Kindler was uploaded a while ago (also Pete Holmes' podcast with 4 or 5 comedians from JFL42), so I wonder if they're ever going to get around to uploading it. I guess it's hard to blame them with all of these big names on the show recently.

Honestly, they seem to have really poo poo luck with recording live shows - case in point, every show they've done in NYC.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
I give nary a gently caress about Jeselnik, but Olyphantastic, Tom Morello, John Hodgman, Malcolm McDowell, Judd Apatow, and Ron Perlman in the space of a month? With Mel Brooks a week before that?

gently caress.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
So I'm pretty sure Nick Offerman is a god. I want to live in his and Chris Pratt's post-apocalyptic town.

BrooklynBruiser fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Mar 26, 2013

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Jenna-Louise Coleman has THE BEST VOICE. ohmygod :3:

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

The Berzerker posted:

I like Divine Fits but goddamn, Hardwick should not be allowed to interview bands. He's completely oblivious when it comes to music. He asks questions like "So uh, you, where do you live? Mmmhm, do you want to live anywhere else sometime?" are you kidding

The Dave Grohl podcast was pretty good, but frankly I'm not sure if that was because of or in spite of Chris.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Buzz Fuckin' Aldrin, goddamn.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Josh Groban... owns?

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

Josh Groban has presented Never Mind the Buzzcocks and is incredibly funny and self-aware. I'll have to check out this ep!

Thanks to you mentioning it, I dug it up, and I have to link it in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3pABgbjF24

Holy poo poo, Josh Groban Josh Grobaning Enter Sandman.

e: And after the Don't Stop Believin' bit, I require an album of Josh Groban covering various big classic rock songs.

BrooklynBruiser fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 8, 2013

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Bahahahahah holy poo poo, the SDCC 2013 episode is amazing.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

The Berzerker posted:

I am 30 minutes in and I hate this episode because Matt Mira is (drunk? too excited?) and is being insufferably annoying.

Mira is drunk.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Popelmon posted:

Lauren Graham :woop:.

This is a really fun episode.

e: HOLY poo poo THEY DID A HARRISON FORD EPISODE

BrooklynBruiser fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Aug 14, 2013

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
I'm kind of in love with Katee Sackhoff now.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

rypakal posted:

Now? Blasphemer. The beginning and end of my desire to see Riddick is the Sackhoff. The best hoff.

Well, I mean, I've been a huge fan of hers since BSG started, but I hadn't seen many interviews with her or anything.

Timett posted:

I'd like to see an alternate universe where she got a lot of the "tough chick" roles that went to Michelle Rodriguez.

On the one hand, I like Sackhoff a lot more than I like Michelle Rodriguez, but having a PoC actress getting more work is never bad.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Alison Brie is a goddess.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Yesssssssssss, Tom Hanks is back! :woop:

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
My mancrush on Nick Offerman is overwhelming.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
They are NOT loving AROUND with the guest booking, holy gently caress

e: So I guess daily episodes are a thing now? :woop:

BrooklynBruiser fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 16, 2013

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
I don't know if Hardwick's massively self-deprecating introduction cratered my expectations or what, but I thought the Harrison Ford ep was really great.

It's also probably the least Hardwick-y I've heard Hardwick in ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

rypakal posted:

I just deleted this one outright because the rumor was this was more cringe-inducing than Marilyn Manson. Is that not true?

I didn't cringe once.

• Locked thread