Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
How's the Neil DeGrasse Tyson one that's gone up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Which ep is this rant on?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The one that dropped yesterday. The Dave Attell episode before it is absolute gold though.

Oh awesome, I've been excited about the Dave Atell one and hoped Chris wasn't shittig it up.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

BklynBruzer posted:

Listening to this most recent episode, I really want to hear the Nerdist guys discover TVTropes.

I want to say they've discussed it a little on an episode without seemingly knowing what they were actually talking about (hey, that sounds familiar!).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I can't get the "It's a question, it's a comment, it's a quemment." song out of my head.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Popelmon posted:

So this just popped up on twitter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOir4aMu0vY

I...feel bad. This is the first time I'm excited for a youtube channel. I don't know most of those guys but Weird Al/Neil deGrasse Tyson/Indoor Kids alone is reason alone to get me interested.

:downs:

Heh, the girl from Indoor Kids looks exactly how I imagined she'd look.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I can agree with that sentiment, when Chris was on Aisha Tyler's podcast, he was a really good guest, and bounced off Aisha really well.

Talking of which, does anyone else listen to Girl on Guy? I cherry pick them, to be honest, because I don't care about a lot of her guests, but I'm prepared to be informed about great ones I'm missing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Zsinjeh posted:

I listen to the occasional episode. Like the Nerdist one it can be a bit conversational sometimes and I need to be interested in the person or topic to download.
That said, Jon Benjamins hour-long story of when he poo poo his pants was comedy loving gold.
Unfortunately the first episode with him seems to no longer be on iTunes.

Huh, how weird. On itunes I wish she'd just label her episodes the ep number and then the name of the guest. Looking on the iPhone where it cuts off the name if it's too long, it's all 'girl on guy 40: evan...' Evan who?! :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Paying for podcasts irks me, to be honest.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Alton Brown one was surprisingly good, even if there were some points where Alton clearly didn't know how to react to Chris's conversation offshoots.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Next stop, Obama!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

BrooklynBruiser posted:

Josh Groban... owns?

Josh Groban has presented Never Mind the Buzzcocks and is incredibly funny and self-aware. I'll have to check out this ep!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

BrooklynBruiser posted:

Thanks to you mentioning it, I dug it up, and I have to link it in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3pABgbjF24

Holy poo poo, Josh Groban Josh Grobaning Enter Sandman.

e: And after the Don't Stop Believin' bit, I require an album of Josh Groban covering various big classic rock songs.

I tol' you. :) everyone should watch this and appreciate him in a new light.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Popelmon posted:

I just saw how the latest guest is and I fistpumped for 10 seconds straight.

Well, who is it?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Timett posted:

One day I'd like to chill with Donald Glover and drink beers and play gamecube. Also I like to take off my pants when I play gamecube so I hope that's cool.

It's cool bro, chill.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jippa posted:

Chris is a good guy and should take a holiday or some thing.

He's a self-confessed workaholic, so I don't see him taking a break without some sort of intervention.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

How much was he eating on a cheat day that he'd gain 6-8 pounds? :stare:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Popelmon posted:

Holy poo poo

What? what?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Geekslinger posted:

Chris has mentioned a couple of times that Kyle's main job is to write down any funny anecdotes or bits that come up in the podcast for Chris to possibly expand on in his stand-up.

You know what he should do? Record the show. That way he could listen to it later and pick out those bits again! I'm a genius!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jippa posted:

I'm still amazed at finding out that Brian Cox was in D Ream. To non brits these two names probably mean nothing anyway.

Don't worry, things can only get better.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

They had another song?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yup, that's pretty much their one song!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I've just realised you're all not talking about Pete Davidson.

• Locked thread