Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Beeez posted:

He is pretty awful, but I've heard he has social anxiety disorder and that's why he acts that way. Don't know if that's true, but it's what I've heard.

Yeah by all accounts he just doesn't do well at public speaking. I've seen him to an interview once and when it was over (And the mics were being shut off) he could be heard warmly thanking the host and seemed sincere about it. It's not an rear end in a top hat he's just visibly uncomfortable in that setting. I think the informal nature of a podcast helped a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

radlum posted:

I got through the whole thing, mostly because I was stuck in traffic in a packed bus. Who knew Morgan Freeman could be so uninteresting? I mean, I listened to an entire podcast of the sidekick from icarly or whatever and she seemed to have better stories than such an important acting figure as Freeman; that was dissapointing.

I think it's one of those things where they unfortunately get someone in straight PR Mode. Publicist set it up, Freeman obviously knows nothing about the show. It's like Woody Harrelson's Reddit AMA all over again.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Well thanks to Eli Roth I've learned that most actors are petty assholes*. Not that I didn't realise that already but now I'm wondering who it was in the Cabin Fever cast who was getting all the close ups, and which actress was trying to sabotage the other one. I hope they get Roth on again, or he has his own podcast. I could've done without the chipping in with jokes while he was telling his Fatty Arbuckle story.

*Except Keanu Reeves.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Johhny Cusack not quite telling the truth about Better Off Dead there. Nice of him to admit he was probably a bit of an rear end in a top hat. But his words after the screening were that Steve Holland has made him look foolish. He only did One Crazy Summer out of obligation and wasn't speaking to Holland at the time, so it's a little bit more than just oh I was just giving out the wrong impression. He can't even bring himself to use Holland's name. Just keeps referring to him as The Director.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

GonSmithe posted:

I don't listen to this podcast but saw the newest episode had Iggy and Josh Homme on it, and holy poo poo is it good. Iggy is just a living storybook, and both him and Josh are loving hilarious. Great listen.

Have you listened to Homme's other episode? He has a hilarious running story about Steve Perry from Journey.

• Locked thread