Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

The Spoony Bard's Aural Theatre

What This Is Supposed to Be:

A radio-drama-esque reenactment of FALLOUT using music and sound effects from the game and voicing dialogue as it was written when the game came out.

Episode 05: Purification

Here is the episode

Well, Natalia has the water chip, so I guess this is the end of the game. OR IS IT

This one is ninety minutes long! Goodness, these are getting bigger every episode. The last fifteen or so minutes is just us two hosts talking about some new developments and uh, honestly just a lot of stuff. You can skip it, of course; there's nothing at the end that pertains to any story development that won't be covered in-show. But it might be worth listening to because we want to encourage listener participation. RPG Rabbit (my co-host and uh, you know. Girlfriend, or whatever) suggests that, if you're following along with this, maybe you want to talk about this particular part of the game, or the game as a whole, or whatever. Write us, post on our Facebook, tweet us. The idea of further participation is fun, and when this podcast becomes super famous you'll have had your stuff read on-air in the earliest incarnation of it.

Oh, and we reached a milestone: WE HAVE AN iTUNES AVERAGE SCORE. All that means is enough people rated us to make that show up. It's hardly an achievement, but for us it's very cathartic.

Get it:
iTunes | Direct download | Website | RSS

Genre:
Video Games/Radio Drama

Duration:
About an hour and a half.

Release:
The 1st and the 15th of every month.

Goons:
Me and a bunch of goons who contributed their vocal talent.

Social etc:
Twitter | Facebook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

COMIC BROS Podcast

Get it: iTunes | Pocket Casts | Stitcher | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Website

Genre: General Entertainment
Release: Month... ly... ish...?

Description: Mark Wise, Jin Wicked, and Root Bradford sit down every month to chat about what we're up to, what we've been working on, review what we've been reading, and discuss other comic-related topics. Includes perspectives both as readers and independent creators of comics.

COMIC BROS PRO-CLICK HYPE VIDEO :monar: 魔法の戦士☆おならの話☆電気の肛門~!!!~ :monar:

Episode 22: B&W vs COLOR Neither intermittent power outages, procrastination, or Jin's fidget spinner can stop the bros! In COMIC BROS Podcast Episode 22, Mark updates us on his latest work with the Insomnia shows, Jin elaborates in more depth on the progress of Queen of Assholes, and Root might do a thing! Then the bros have a conversation about working in black and white versus color. WHICH AESTHETIC SHALL REIGN SUPREME!?

Insomnia Gallery - https://www.facebook.com/insomniaVGC/

root fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 15, 2017

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dumbest Guys in the Room

GET IT: iTunes | RSS

Genre: Comedy

Release: Every sunday for the rest of our lives.

Description: Mirell and Elijah are two best friends. They also happen to be pretty funny. After listening to cum town, they decided to make a podcast thats a lot less dirty but only a little less funny. I think they succeeded. It's impossible to listen to 10 minutes without smiling. Also, listening to this will make you feel like you have friends. What more could you want?

11 - every unsubscribe makes us more powerful This episode we started with a cold open. it's pretty high concept, but we trust you, the listener, to be able to figure it out. Then we tell a couple of fun party stories. WOW!

Facebook

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I haven't done this in a while.

Flipping Bats & Winning Games

Available on: Soundcloud | RSS | iTunes

Social Media: Twitter (run by me exclusively)

Genre: Sports, but really just baseball.

Release Schedule: Weekly.

Description: A baseball podcast hosted by a Mets/Marlins/kinda-Yankees fan (me) and a Yankees fan. We approach our love of the game very differently, but we both have a lot of opinions.

Most recent episode: Episode 21 - Panda-monium, in which we talk about Pablo Sandoval's rise & fall, Steven Matz's recent disastrous outing, the All-Star Game, and the Home Run Derby.

Feedback remains welcome, and you can email us at fbwgpodcast@gmail.com now too.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jul 17, 2017

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Podbean / RSS / iTunes / Stitcher / Google Play Music

Genre: History
Released: Alternate Tuesdays
Goon: General Ironicus

Episode 31: Sherlock Holmes

In 1886 Sir Arthur Conan Doyle changed the world. Aided by a perfect demographic moment, English literature, pop culture, criminal science, and the way we communicate about media were all shaped by Sherlock Holmes.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Have You Ever Heard Of?

Available on: Spreaker | RSS | Google Play Music | iTunes

Social Media: Facebook | Twitter

Genre: culture, comedy, nostalgia, media, film, animation.

Release Schedule: Every other Thursday!

Description: Join Kim and Cam as they take turns in introducing each other to some of their favourite tv shows, movies, cartoons, and other forms of media and then discuss them. What does the new watcher think, do they enjoy what the other is introducing them too? Will they become a fan of the work? Listen and find out!

Selections can be as far reaching as a childhood favourite to newly released works.

Most recent episode: Frame of Mind

In a special update Kim and Cam jump into Over the Garden Wall. In a series first, Cam is unsure if he wants to finish the series. Tune if to find out if Kim can get Cam over the garden wall.

Previous episodes: Body Cop, Cold Cop
Lego is awesome
REDWAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!
Basic military strategy, what?

Aces High fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 28, 2017

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

SalTheBard posted:

The only Peep Show podcast officially endorsed by Matt "Super Hans" King continues it's streak of falling up. On Sunday July 9th the podcast blew the gently caress up. Matt King (one of the 4 main stars of Peep Show) tweeted about our show and it's been a hell of a ride since. We were top 25 the UK iTunes chart (Tv & Film) for 4 days. We also have had our 4 biggest days in the history of the show since. Unfortunately it has not been all rainbows. My original co-host (Lee) has had to quit the series (temporarily? permanently? Not sure yet due to circumstances beyond his control. In Lees stead I've picked up a new co host Laura from London. We are currently wrapping up Series 2 (we'll be recording Wedding on Saturday). Between Series 2 and 3 I believe we are going to watch and talk about "The Magicians" and then start onto Series 3 (the -Ing Series). The dynamic of the show is substantially different with Laura because I now have a Londoner to explain all the pop culture references I don't get. I have very much enjoyed the two episodes we've done (University Challenge and The Man Show) and look forward to continuing on with her.

Who are we? My name is Sean (SaltheBard) and my co-host is Laura (From London). We talk about British Cult Classic tv series Peep Show! Laura has been a fan of the show almost since it's inception (she started watching at Uni) and I just discovered it about 4 years ago but I've become a hard core fan of it ever since.

What is Peep Show? Peep Show is a cult classic British TV show. It stars David Mitchell and Robert Webb as two men trying to make it in this savage world. David Mitchell plays Mark Corrigan who is your classic goon. He doesn't know really how to interact with people and he definitely doesn't understand social norms. Robert Webb plays Jeremy Usborne, Marks roommate and friend from college. Jeremy is an aspiring musician who lives off of Marks generosity. One of the appeals of this show is the way it's filmed. It's always filmed from a first person perspective which provides a lot of hilarious scenes.

The show's name - El Dude Brothers Podcast

The show's website URL https://eldudebrotherscom.wordpress.com/

Where to get it?
iTunes I RSS Feed I Soundcloud Profile

The show's genre - We recap the cult classic series Peep Show. We discuss the finer points of the episodes and talk in general about how funny it is. We are also critical of the show when necessary.

Release schedule - We have 12 episodes out now with our 13th waiting to be recorded

If you have any feedback negative or positive I would appreciate it! You can PM if you want.

If it's good enough for Super Hans, it must be good enough for me.

adamcantsleep
Mar 20, 2016

It's Just A Show

Available on: RSS | Website | iTunes

Genre: culture, comedy.

Release Schedule: Fortnightly or your money back!

Goons: Only me, but my co-host and producer are Goon-worthy, I promise.

Description: Whether you're totally unfamiliar with the show or an obsessed nerd who thinks only in TV, It's Just A Show has you covered. My co-host and I watch a random episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 as a springboard for discussion on a number of topics brought up in this densely comic, reference-heavy cow-town puppet show.

Most recent episode: 9 - Burned In My Brain (MST3K 513. The Brain That Wouldn't Die)..

The second episode of our "origins trilogy" where we review and discuss the debut of each of the show's three hosts. This time we watch and discuss Mike Nelson's transition from head writer/bit part actor to MST3k's "head person" and the first film mocked on his watch. Topics discussed on this episode include:
-GOAT TESTICLE TRANSPLANTS
-The first "S"-rated movie
-Gore movies
-Sexploitation

All this, plus 13 Fun Facts About TBTWD!

Previous episodes: 8 - Scrambled Eggs (MST3K 101. The Crawling Eye)
7 - I Envy Your Joy Of Movement (MST3K 311: It Conquered The World/Snow Thrills).
6 - It's Good When People Age (MST3K 601. Girls Town).
5 - Coke Will Do All the Work for You (MST3K 1102. Cry Wilderness)
4 - Yelling at Dinosaurs (MST3K 1004. Future War)
3 - A Love Letter To Suburbia (MST3K 404. Teenagers From Outer Space)
2 - Collage Of Male Adolescence (MST3K 620. Danger!! Death Ray)
1 - Nova Scotia Death Trip (MST3K 201. Rocketship X-M)

Next episode: It's the final entry step in our origins trilogy, as we watch Jonah Ray rap and cut wood in Reptilicus (MST3K 1101).

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

mrfart posted:

If it's good enough for Super Hans, it must be good enough for me.

We are actually talking to Sam Bain right now too!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Majide?!

Blog | iTunes | Google Play | RSS

Genre:
Media/Culture

Release Schedule:
Every-Other-Weekly, Wednesdays

Goons:
mikeycp

Description:
Listen to Mike and Jon talk about their favorite aspects of Japanese media and culture on Majide?!

Most Recent Episode (Episode 2):
In this episode of Majide?! Mike and Jon discuss the history of the first tokusatsu, Godzilla!

Web Version

Next Time on Majide:
The Tatami Galaxy (https://www.funimation.com/shows/the-tatami-galaxy/)

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Have You Ever Heard Of?

Description: Join Kim and Cam as they take turns in introducing each other to some of their favourite tv shows, movies, cartoons, and other forms of media and then discuss them. What does the new watcher think, do they enjoy what the other is introducing them too? Will they become a fan of the work? Listen and find out!

Selections can be as far reaching as a childhood favourite to newly released works.

Most recent episode: "Potatoes and Molasses" Over the Garden Wall

Kim successfully convinced Cam to finish Over the Garden Wall. Tune in for discussions of family relationships and stay for audio errors.

Previous episodes: "Frame of Mind" Over the Garden Wall
"Body Cop, Cold Cop" Osmosis Jones
"Lego is awesome" The Lego Movie
"REDWAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!" Redwall season 1 finale

Next time on Have You Ever Heard Of?: "It tastes like dish soap" Lucy: The Daughter of the Devil

Aces High fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 28, 2017

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Terminal Talk

Available on: iTunes| Google Play | Stitcher

Social Media: Twitter

Genre: Mainframe and Enterprise IT

Release Schedule: So far, every Monday

Description: We're mainframe nerds who talk about mainframe things, and have on mainframe experts to talk about what mainframe stuff they're working on.

Last Episode: Mainframe millicode engineer Brenton Belmar stopped by and discussed what millicode is, how they make it better, and what has changed in the latest big bad z14 machine.

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jul 28, 2017

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Available on: Stitcher | RSS | Website | iTunes | Soundcloud

Store:

via Threadless

Genre: film analysis, theory, and criticism

Release Schedule: once every two weeks, on Friday

Goons: just ol' china bot

Description: Yet another lo-fi film discussion podcast, with the emphasis on discussion, featuring films that are obscure (Corn's-A-Poppin', Mondo New York), bizarre (Uzumaki, Phenomena), or just under-analyzed in general (Troop Beverly Hills, Wild Things). I have a degree in film and no success in the industry, my co-host/girlfriend is an artist, and each episode's guest is a strongly opinionated friend (if we can find one). I also open each episode with samples from the film being covered, to give some context for the discussion.

Most recent episode: Episode #37 - My Kid Could Paint That (w/ Cat Listening to Music & Arnold Schoenberg Opus 11 - 1 - Cute Kittens)

Paolo and Carrie are alone again for a very subjective discussion of Amir Bar-Lev's 2007 art world documentary My Kid Could Paint That and two bonus shorts: Chris Marker's 1990 film Cat Listening to Music, and Cory Arcangel's 2009 film Arnold Schoenberg Opus 11 - 1 - Cute Kittens. Topics include: everyone in the art world being crazy, having control of your narrative, and whether or not Marla's dad helping her really matters.

Next episode: Sphere (1998)

china bot fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Aug 18, 2017

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Have You Ever Heard Of?

A special announcement, we just got approved by iTunes so check us out there Have you ever heard of?

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Joe Ryan Podcast

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoeRyanPodcast
Twitter: https://twitter.com/joesryan
RSS: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:186677188/sounds.rss
Stitcher Direct Link: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/joe-ryan-podcast?refid=stpr
Subscribe on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/joe-ryan-podcast/id1064044135
Direct Episode Link: Soundcloud | YouTube
Genre: Political commentary/opinion/other random stuff
Released: I try for once every two weeks, sometimes once a week
Goon: VH4Ever
Description: Driving with Joe is back! On the eve of a late night health care vote, Joe chimes in with thoughts on where the ACA repeal stands at this stage. But our main event: what in the hell is our president doing, anyway? He is an embarrassment to common decency, and the scene he put on at the Boy Scout Jamboree was beyond the pale. Joe calls Trump out for his boorishness and implores all Americans: fight back.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

SalTheBard posted:

We are actually talking to Sam Bain right now too!

Nice, I only listened to the first episode so far. Really enjoyed it, although now i want to watch the entire show again and I don't have the time.

mikeycp posted:

Majide?!

I'll try to listen to this too if I can find the time, sounds like a good idea for a podcast.
Are you guys living in Japan?
Sometimes I wish I could do a podcast or blog about all the little weird things in day to day life in Japan.
The times I've been there I was always fascinated by how everything is just that little different.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Joe Ryan Podcast

Stitcher Direct Link: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/joe-ryan-podcast?refid=stpr
Subscribe on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/joe-ryan-podcast/id1064044135
Description: We welcome back special guest Neurotoxin for a bit of an Edge of Chaos reunion so he and Joe can go off on all that's currently going on. Is this all real life? What is happening, who is doing it, and where the hell is this clown car careening to anyway? Is anyone even driving? Join in as we analyze the circus from all angles. Topics: Trump, BCRA/ACA repeal, #Resist, The Mooch, 2018 election season and the empowerment of ignorant buffoons in the age of Trump.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Episode 32: The 1933 World's Fair

In the depths of the Depression, and the shadow of an earlier event, Chicago staged the A Century of Progress International Exposition, better known as the 1933 World's Fair. Alaina takes us through an overview of the Fair's conception, some notable exhibits, and the surviving remains. How much success comes down to blind luck? How much should seeing babies cost? How do you solve a problem like Mussolini?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

A radio-drama-esque reenactment of FALLOUT using music and sound effects from the game and voicing dialogue as it was written when the game came out.

Episode 06: Odd Jobs

Here is the episode

At least it isn't a METHCLAW, amirite?

Natalia has saved her Vault from dying of thirst, so what is her reward? To go out and make something of herself. And also to figure out where the mutants are coming from. There has been some talk of some guy in Old Town who may know something about the mutant source. But there's also a deathclaw to deal with.

Get it:

Genre:
Video Games/Radio Drama

Duration:
About an hour.

Release:

Goons:

Social etc:
Twitter | Facebook

Hey dudes, if you enjoy this podcast, you know we did a twelve episode season of Final Fantasy IV also. Uh, I've been relistening to some of our earlier stuff and so, I want to say, if you do want to check out the first season, please give it a chance. It isn't until around the fourth or fifth episode that we figured out what we were doing. Kinda.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

SEX ARCHIE

Memory Lane 3: The Archie Show
This episode covers five episodes of The Archie Show, the first cartoon series based on the Archie characters, which premiered in 1968.
Saturday morning cartoons back in the day were cheap, fast, and disposable. We watched 106 minutes of especially cheap examples, and would like to dispose of them. When is Fufu getting the reboot treatment? Doesn't the law of large numbers say SOME of these jokes should be good? Why does every Archie property on TV hate children?

And keep an eye out for more information on Gextra Life 2! Streaming Saturday the 2nd for the benefit of Hurley Children's Hospital in Flint, MI!

iTunes Soundcloud Stitcher Google Play Music RSS

Genre: Chattin' bout TV stuff
Release schedule: Monthly, in the show's off-season

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I... guess I haven't pimped my podcast since 2013. Last time I advertised on SA, Cartridge Blowers was on Episode 13 and Stuff Weekly was on Episode 146. So there's been 100 episode of CB and 189 episodes of SW since then. That's kind of insane.

Stuff Weekly
iTunes / Stitcher /RSS
Genre: Comedy/News
Goon: Little Mac
Release Schedule: Weekly (duh)
Description: Four friends, with occasional guest hosts, discuss the most ridiculous news stories of the week. That's the premise, anyway, though our banter increasingly dominates episodes. Luckily our banter is hella good.

Current Episode - Episode 335: And Suddenly the Tarp Was Snakes
Amber sees some shows on Broadway, Nikki's travel luck never seems to change, Atlanta is an odd town, and more!

Cartridge Blowers
YouTube/RSS (Audio)/iTunes (Audio)
Genre: Gaming/Comedy
Goon: Little Mac
Release Schedule: Bi-Weekly
Description: A video podcast, so I hope that's okay! Every other Thursday, Cody, Nikki, Matt, and Dylan give video games a second chance to make a first impression as they each take on an old video game they have never played before and let the others know how much they are terrible at them. Each episode we randomly generate a theme and each play a game, commenting on how ridiculous it is.

I recommend our multiplayer week and Nick Arcade challenge episodes, though I'm proud of this show in general.

Current Episode - Episode 113: We Can't Even Cheat Our Way to a Faster Game
This week on Cartridge Blowers, we play CLONES! Games that are trying really hard to be something else. Nikki plays a terrible Mario-wannabe starring the Linux mascot, Cody plays a really weird Katamari-wannabe with some... unique music, and I play maybe the next Super Mario Maker with Mega Maker!

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Aug 8, 2017

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Majide?!

Blog | iTunes | Google Play | RSS

Genre:
Media/Culture

Release Schedule:
Every-Other-Weekly, Wednesdays

Goons:
mikeycp

Description:
Listen to Mike and Jon talk about their favorite aspects of Japanese media and culture on Majide?!

Most Recent Episode (Episode 3):
In this episode of Majide?! Mike and Jon discuss the weird and introspective world of Masaaki Yuasa's The Tatami Galaxy!

Web Version

Next Time on Majide:
Yu-Gi-Oh

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Joe Ryan Podcast

Description: The white nationalist violence that went on today in Charlottesville, Virginia today is a sad example of where we are in America today. To add to the pain of white nationalists taking a life (and maybe more) today, we now have a President and many elected officials who cower in the face of such hate, partially because they need their support. Stand up, fight back and demand better from those who purport to represent us. Recorded live on Periscope/Twitter.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

A radio-drama-esque reenactment of FALLOUT using music and sound effects from the game and voicing dialogue as it was written when the game came out. Our previous episode was a twelve-parter on FINAL FANTASY IV

Episode 07: The Ancient Order and the Horror of Atomic War

Here is the episode

Or: The Glow.

Get it:

Genre:
Video Games/Radio Drama

Duration:
About an hour.

Release:

Goons:

Social etc:
Twitter | Facebook

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

The Millerites

Grant takes us back to the 1800s to talk about the end of all things. William Miller believed he had concrete evidence that the end was nigh, and his friends built a movement that grew to reinterpret all kinds of orthodoxy. Despite their specific predictions having no clear result, the faith continues. Is the truest faith that which survives evidence to the contrary? What holds a community together, the good times or the tough? Can we be trusted to ever speak on this topic respectfully?

And don't forget, Gextra Life 2 is coming on Saturday the 2nd! Watch the stream, have a good time, and help us raise $30k for Hurley Children's Hospital in Flint, MI!

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Joe Ryan Podcast

Description: Here we go again. Trump quite clearly read someone else's words yesterday in condemning white nationalists, because he was right at it again today defending them in his own words at Trump Tower. Joe reacts piece by piece, deconstructing the cowardly remarks of the Orange Buffoon in Chief and makes a simple call to action: stand with Nazi scum or against them. There is no third valid position. Heather Heyer's fight goes on.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Store:

via Threadless

Description: Yet another lo-fi film discussion podcast, with the emphasis on discussion, featuring films that are obscure (Corn's-A-Poppin', Mondo New York), bizarre (Uzumaki, Phenomena), or just under-analyzed in general (Troop Beverly Hills, Wild Things). I have a degree in film and no success in the industry, my co-host/girlfriend is an artist, and each episode's guest is a strongly opinionated friend (if we can find one). I also open each episode with samples from the film being covered, to give some context for the discussion.

Most recent episode: Episode #38 - Sphere

Paolo and Carrie are joined again by Josh Benson to discuss Barry Levinson's 1998 underwater sci-fi thriller Sphere. Topics include: redundant intertitles, the continuing adventures of Barry Levinson's bad directing, and varieties of scary meat.

Next episode: :siren: Society (1989) :siren:

:siren: Due to South Manitou-related reasons, Episode #39 will be released a day early! (08/31/2017) :honk:

china bot fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 23, 2017

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Have You Ever Heard Of?

Most recent episode: "It tastes like dish soap" Lucy: The Daughter of the Devil

In a series first Cam introduces Kim to the Adult Swim original show Lucy: The Daughter of the Devil but is not taken by the aesthetic. Join them as they go through the motions of accepting that some times you watch something that you just don't like.

Previous episodes: "Potatoes and Molasses" Over the Garden Wall
"Frame of Mind" Over the Garden Wall

Next time on Have You Ever Heard Of?: "Geometria del amor" The Book of Life

Apologies for posting this episode over a week late, I was away for work and had less free time than I thought I would

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

The Golden Age of Piracy

Alaina brings us tales of high seas adventure! For an 80 year period, conditions were right for a wave of piracy. This era has been romanticized and fictionalized to the point it's synonymous with piracy itself. We also take a look at a few specific individuals from the time. Be sure to listen for the end for a followup discussion on an element from our 1933 World's Fair episode that's back in the news.

And don't forget, Gextra Life 2017 is coming on Saturday the 2nd! Watch the stream, have a good time, and help us raise $30k for Hurley Children's Hospital in Flint, MI!
[/quote]

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Store:

via Threadless

Most recent episode: Episode #39 - Society

Paolo and Carrie are rejoined by Emily Neil to discuss Brian Yuzna's 1989 gruesome horror-satire Society. Topics include: goofy sound effects, totally sexy boobs, and the word "shunt" gaining a whole new meaning.

Next episode: Open Windows (2014)

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Have You Ever Heard Of?

Most recent episode: "Geometria del amor" The Book of Life

Kim and Cam watch one of Kim's favourite movies The Book of Life. Tune in for the culture lecture, stay for the masterclass on love triangles.

Previous episodes: "It tastes like dish soap" Lucy: The Daughter of the Devil
"Potatoes and Molasses" Over the Garden Wall

Next time on Have You Ever Heard Of?: "Brought to you by Brawndo" Idiocracy

Another late post due to moving across the country but everything is back on track now

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

SEX ARCHIE

Bonus 3: Fan Content
As the off-season ends, we take a look at the myriad things produced by Riverdale fans. We read fanfiction, review fanvideos, and describe image sets. In all, it's an impressive amount of work and creativity. It's fun to see people with a similar passion express that passion in a completely different way. (Is that diplomatic enough? Are the teens satisfied? We dunk on some goofy poo poo, too)

Don't miss our charity stream on Saturday the 2nd! Go to Gextra.Life to donate and for more information.

iTunes Soundcloud Stitcher Google Play Music RSS

Genre: Chattin' bout TV stuff
Release schedule: Monthly, in the show's off-season

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Joe Ryan Podcast

Description: We start this week with talk of the ongoing disaster in Houston and points both south and east due to Hurricane Harvey, covering the response, ways to help, and an analysis of how we got here and what we can do going forward. We need real people with real solutions based on real science. Joe also talks some Trump and reacts to his response to the storm.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Episode 08: The Fool

Here is the episode

Natalia has been captured by the super mutants! Armed with naught but her dog, she must fight her way out and warn the Brotherhood!

Get it:

Genre:
Video Games/Radio Drama

Duration:
About an hour and a half.

Release:

Goons:

Social etc:
Twitter | Facebook

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

Tara and Andrew Versus The Scarecrow Video Movie Guide

Available on:
iTunes / Google Play / Website / RSS

Genre: Movie talk

Duration: Around a half hour, give or take

Release: Every Tuesday

What this?
Seattle's Scarecrow Video is one of the longest-lasting independently run video stores in America, with over 120,000 different titles in their catalog, ranging from the mainstream to the incredibly eclectic and difficult to find. In this podcast my wife and I randomly select a movie that neither of us has seen before from the guide that they published back in 2004, watch it, do some research on it (when possible), and then discuss what we thought and learned.

Episode #6 -- Beyond the Mat
In this week's episode we watch the 1999 wrestling documentary Beyond the Mat. It probably will come as no surprise to anyone that Vince McMahon manages to come across as being a total dirtbag despite having a fairly peripheral physical presence in the documentary. Everyone else seems fine, though... mostly.

Social:
Facebook

an owls casket fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Sep 7, 2017

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Have You Ever Heard Of?

Most recent episode: "Brought to you by Brawndo" Idiocracy

Cam introduces Kim to a unique comedy Idiocracy. Join us for the discussion of how much this movie broke both of us at different points and stay for the explanation that we both still really like the movie.

Previous episodes: "Geometria del amor" The Book of Life
"It tastes like dish soap" Lucy: The Daughter of the Devil

Next time on Have You Ever Heard Of?: "Church vs. State" Fullmetal Alchemist

A special announcement: starting next Thursday, September 14, Have You Ever Heard Of? will be updating every Thursday but will be switching hosts each week. The first two shows to be covered will be Kim's choice of Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) and Cam's choice, starting on September 21 and every 2 weeks after, of Justice League (2001)!

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

The Carnation Revolution

In 1974, Portugal's autocratic regime was overthrown by a nearly bloodless coup. Rather than descent into chaos or public executions, it was a revolution of steady transition to democracy and soldiers wearing flowers. Can democracy come from an undemocratic act? Who holds the responsibility in decolonization? Can you crack the song code?

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

Tara and Andrew Versus The Scarecrow Video Movie Guide

Available on:
iTunes / Google Play / Website / RSS

Genre: Movie talk

Duration: Around a half-hour, give or take

Release: Every Tuesday

What this?
Seattle's Scarecrow Video is one of the longest-lasting independently run video stores in America, with over 120,000 different titles in their catalog, ranging from the mainstream to the incredibly eclectic and difficult to find. In this podcast my wife and I randomly select a movie that neither of us has seen before from the guide that they published back in 2004, watch it, do some research on it (when possible), and then discuss what we thought and learned.

Episode#7 -- Kronos
In this week's episode we watch the 1957 alien invasion (kiiiiiiind of) film Kronos, a movie which was weirdly ahead of its time with regards to concerns about energy consumption (granted, these concerns are expressed very fleetingly, but still). It's an interesting movie, but not necessarily a great one. Also, I kind of wish death on the lead actor early in the episode, but I swear, it's done with the best of intentions!

Social:
Facebook

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Have You Ever Heard Of?

Most recent episode: "Church vs. State" Fullmetal Alchemist

Kim and Cam begin watching Fullmetal Alchemist but decide to watch the opening episodes of both it and Brotherhood. Tune in to find out which series Cam decides he is more interested in.

Previous episodes: "Brought to you by Brawndo" Idiocracy
"Geometria del amor" The Book of Life
"It tastes like dish soap" Lucy: The Daughter of the Devil

Next time on Have You Ever Heard Of?: "Invasion of the Superheroes" Justice League

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

The Secret Cinema

Store:

via Threadless

Most recent episode: Episode #40 - Open Windows (w/ 7:35 de la Maņana)

Paolo and Carrie are rejoined by Will Ackland to discuss Nacho Vigalondo's 2014 techno-thriller Open Windows, as well as his musical short film 7:35 de la Maņana. Topics include: general themes and trends of Vigalondo's career, Sasha Grey's acting, and our confusion over the implications & details of the ending.

Next episode: Great Balls of Fire! (1989)

(Artwork by Carrie Chaffee)