Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

go speed racer go
Dec 11, 2006

~wat it do, dough~
The Digital Bench
Main site || Facebook || Twitter || Twitch
iTunes Feed || RSS Feed
Genre: Video Games
Released: Monthly
Description: A group of goons decide to get together in a basement every month and talk a lot of poo poo about video games. Sometimes the games are good; other times they are not so good. Consistently fueled by poor dining decisions and an incessant need to throw dark in the worst possible way.
Latest episode: 18 - It's A Fair Question.

This month epic Kingdom Hearts LP, drawbot, Toaster Beef, and myself dive into the No Man's Sky's NEXT Update, Dead Cells, WarioWare Gold, World of Warcraft: Battle For Azeroth, and Guacamelee! 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The Humble Slug

Audioboom | Stitcher | iTunes | RSS | Twitter | Facebook | Spotify | Google Podcasts

Genre: Science/Comedy

Description: Three (sometimes four) friends, one (sometimes two) of which have a biology degree, discuss and joke around about life's humbler and less glamourous animals, and why they're actually pretty cool. I'm the one with the biology degree who's in every episode. My friend who also has a biology degree drops in and out when she's not busy working on her PhD. :v:

Release schedule: Weekly-ish on Thursdays. Sometimes gaps form.

Latest episode: Episode 21: The Humble Onion So much onion in this episode that you can't let your dog listen to it.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Mayberry

Soundcloud
iTunes
RSS
iHeartRadio
Spreaker
Stitcher
YouTube
Spotify

Genre: Comedy, Entertainment, History(?)
Release Schedule: Weekly-ish
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BreakMayberry
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BreakingMayberry/
Email us: breakingmayberry@gmail.com

Breaking Mayberry is a comedy/criticism podcast where two guys (one of which is me) go back and watch every episode of the Andy Griffith Show to understand why its such a big deal. What made this show such a cultural touchstone, and why is it always brought up by conservatives as "the way things should be?" Along the way, we learn about the turbulent '60s, come up with fan theories, and explore the weird world of Mayberry. The comedy holds up - the lessons not so much.

New Episodes
20: Rock 'N Roll Rosie From Raleigh
When Jim Lindsey, the famous guitar player from episode 2 of our podcast returns to Mayberry, Marty and Dan have a great realization: We absolutely hate Jim Lindsey. Also, the boys have to say good-bye to their true love, Elinor Donahue, as she leaves the Andy Griffith Show never to be mentioned again. Next, Marty and Dan take on Episode 32, "Bringing Up Opie", an episode so dull that I don't even have the energy to finish this.

21:This Move Invented John Turturro. (Season Finale)

It's the Season 1 Finale of Breaking Mayberry, and we're closing out with our first movie episode! Going back a few years before the AG Show premiered, we're taking on 1957's "A Face In The Crowd", starring Andy Griffith as a conman drifter named Lonesome Rhodes. It's the darker side of the Mayberry coin as Marty and Dan talk about the Hollywood blacklist, Andy's cult following, and the difference between ships and boats.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Joe Ryan Podcast (Special Suicide Watch Podcast)

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoeRyanPodcast
Twitter: https://twitter.com/joesryan
RSS: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:186677188/sounds.rss
Stitcher Direct Link: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/joe-ryan-podcast?refid=stpr
Subscribe on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/joe-ryan-podcast/id1064044135
Direct Episode Link: Soundcloud
Genre: A frank discussion of suicide and suicide survival
Released: I try for once every two weeks, sometimes once a week
Goon: VH4Ever
Description: The Suicide Watch Podcast welcomes guest Neurotoxin, here to lend his expertise as we discuss celebrity suicides. With so many recent examples (Chris Cornell, Chester Bennington, Anthony Bourdain and more), we dive in and ask: why do famous people take their own lives? Why does anyone? And how does the culture react? Also we break down the stages of suicidality and what "knowing the signs" really means. Disclaimer, if you are in crisis or need help immediately, contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or suicidepreventionlifeline.org Email the show: suicidewatchpod@gmail.com

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The Humble Slug

Audioboom | Stitcher | iTunes | RSS | Twitter | Facebook | Spotify | Google Podcasts

Description: Three (sometimes four) friends, one (sometimes two) of which have a biology degree, discuss and joke around about life's humbler and less glamourous animals, and why they're actually pretty cool. I'm the one with the biology degree who's in every episode. My friend who also has a biology degree drops in and out when she's not busy working on her PhD. :v:

Latest episode: Episode 22: The Humble Cattle We take a look at one of nature's tastier denizens and look at how they show up in various bits and bobs of culture, along with some fun biological facts about them.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Go Mode: A Link to the Past Randomizer Podcast

Website | iTunes | Stitcher | RSS | Twitter

Genre: Gaming

Release schedule: Bi-weekly (every other Wednesday)

Description: Three goons (timp, Axeil, and abraxas aka Hurfydurfy) and members of the aLttP Randomizer community at large casually conversate around two topics: aLttPR News (updates on new versions of the logic, tournament recaps and predictions, interviews, discussion, debate, and anything else that counts as a “current event” in the aLttP Rando community) & aLttPR Walkthroughs (breakdowns of dungeon logic, tips for defeating bosses, and even more abstract concepts like item gambling or rupee farming.) If you have no idea what aLttPR is, start here.

Latest Episode: timp, Axeil, & Hurfydurfy, are joined by the creator of aLttPR Veetorp. Together they discuss coverage of the recently concluded 2018 Summer Tournament, The FallifiersTM, and v30 sprites. FEATURE: Veetorp sits down with Go Mode to discuss v30, the history of aLttPR, and the future of Randomizer.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
Hi, I make a very good podcast that people here might like.

Ephemera
RSS feed
Genre: Storytelling / Internet / NPR-ish
Release schedule: The 3rd Thursday of each month

Description: Every month I release about 20 minutes of deep dive on an interesting story "that could've only happened Online". I've covered the viciousness of the One Direction fandom, what may have been the first suicide hoax online, what happens to virtual pet bunny rabbits when the server shuts down (they go into a coma and never wake up), Roko's Basilisk, and - in what I think is my best episode so far - Something Awful's very own Hawaii Yoga Village :goonproject:.

Latest Episode: I just put out episode #7, "The Corrupted Blood Incident". It's about a plague that rocked World of Warcraft in 2005, but it's also about the scientific community's response to that plague, and the potential of MMO environments to be useful to scientific research.

Please subscribe! You can find it wherever you find your podcasts. I don't even know all the places it's been mirrored to anymore. Oops! Stitcher? I didn't put it there myself, but it's on Stitcher now. Google Podcasts, iTunes, whatever. Knock yourself out.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth

Flash In The Pan

Genre: Comedy, Internet History, Media Crit
RSS Feed | iTunes | Stitcher | Twitter

Latest Episodes:
Episode 14: The Ballad Of Egg187
In which we get spooky with From My Room, get anime-tastic with Pokemon EX, and get incredibly nerdy with the classic 8-Bit D&D! We get into some hella tabletop chat this episode, folks.

Episode 15: Twisted Victoriana Stylee
"""Wacky"""" """"random"""" """"humour"""" and a cribbed Simpsons joke with All Your Pie sparks some discussion of gamer comedy in the early 00s. Then we get GOFFICK with Lilium and somehow end up talking about the ghost-hunting episode of Cake Boss??

Episode 16: “My First Flash” 1: Frog-Bending Time
Listeners sent in their stories about their first ever experiences with Flash animation, and we had enough to fill two episodes! This is the first one, featuring The Dr. Wily Show, Mario Vs. Sonic, Frog In A Blender. Also we FINALLY get to the immense viral sensation, Badgers!

Description: Two best friends delve into the online animation they grew up with!
(Links to the 'toons we watch are posted on the website!)

Release Schedule: Every couple of weeks!

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

Tara and Andrew Versus The Scarecrow Video Movie Guide

Available on:
iTunes / Google Play / Website / RSS

Genre: Movie talk

Duration: Around a half-hour, give or take

Release: Every Tuesday!

What this?
Seattle's Scarecrow Video is one of the longest-lasting independently run video stores in America, with over 120,000 different titles in their catalog, ranging from the mainstream to the incredibly eclectic and difficult to find. In this podcast my wife and I randomly select a movie that neither of us has seen before from the guide that they published back in 2004, watch it, do some research on it (when possible), and then discuss what we thought and learned.

Episode 41 -- At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul
Episode 41, wherein we (probably) go back to a weekly release schedule, accidentally select a horror movie at random from the guide and remember that that was what we intended to try to do for the month of October anyhow. We watch the first ever horror movie from Brazil, 1964's At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul. We also talk about the surreal-horror web short series Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, and give up on trying to edit our cat's meows out of the podcast.

Social:
Facebook

Laivaren
Sep 15, 2006

Name: Batman is a WHAT!?!

Homepage

RSS: Feed

Duration: Between 45-60 min

Genre: Entertainment

Release: Every other tuesday

What is it? We are two norwegian nerds who takes pop culture icons and makes them into D&D characters!

Social:
Facebook
Twitter

So far we have tackled The Flash, Wolverine, Legolas and Elsa (from Frozen)

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

SEX ARCHIE

Episode 36: He's Real, the Gargoyle King
This episode covers Chapter 36: Labor Day by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa; directed by Kevin Sullivan

Riverdale returns to all the high stakes it left off on... by skipping three months. Archie prepares for the future. Betty finds religion. Jughead picks up his best friend. Have these kids been breaking the law so often they have no idea how it even works anymore?

iTunes Soundcloud Stitcher Google Play Music RSS

Genre: Chattin' bout TV stuff
Release schedule: Back to weekly, baby!

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

SEX ARCHIE

Episode 37: Why Are You Not in School?
This episode covers Chapter 37: Fortune and Men's Eyes by Michael Grassi; directed by Jeff Woolnough

Life on the inside is hard, so Archie tries to make it like life on the outside. Unfortunately, he failed to consider that life in Riverdale High sucks too. Is this too many clips spliced in? You can tell us, it's fine.

iTunes Soundcloud Stitcher Google Play Music RSS

Genre: Chattin' bout TV stuff
Release schedule: Back to weekly, baby!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm sorry to not post a new episode, however I was curious, is there a way to respond to reviews on itunes?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The Humble Slug

Latest episode: Episode 23: The Humble Crab We've been on hiatus for a while, but we're back to talk about some of the tastiest seafood with snippers, lob crabs.

adamcantsleep
Mar 20, 2016

A Part Of Our Scare-itage is a proud declaration of “Ahhh, Canada!” from two horror movie aficionados. Twice a month, Sarah and Adam will watch and review a randomly selected CanCon horror film and dissect what makes it tick. All the great Canadian stories will be touched upon, such as: psychics that cause exploding heads, haunted masks that turn 2-D movies 3-D, SCTV cast members fighting cannibals, talking teddy bears, menstrual werewolves, evil housecats, slashers, and more. If you’ve got an ear for fear, tune in to A Part Of Our Scare-itage.

EPISODES
THE UNCANNY
GINGER SNAPS
CURTAINS

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

The El Dude Brothers Podcast is over, in it's memory lives the British Television Invasion! We finished Peep Show last month and have gone on to start doing the cult classic The Inbetweeners. Episode 4 (Girlfriend) just dropped today and I'm really happy with it.

Who are we? My name is Sean (SaltheBard) and my co-host is Laura (From London). We talk about television (a lot). We are currently talking about the coming of age comedy series The Inbetweeners. We have had great reception with it so far. I've really enjoyed the series so far (I've never watched it before, Laura has).

What is The Inbetweeners) Inbetweeners is a coming of age comedy series in the vein of American Pie. 4 friends in Sixth Form are trying to make their way through increasingly chaotic lives. The primary cast:
Will McKenzie (Simon Bird) - The main character of the series. At the start of the show his Father has left his Mother (Polly) and has to leave his posh private school and go to school with the dregs in a public school. He is the main narrator, he is witty and kind (at least from what I've seen so far).

Simon Cooper (Joe Thomas) - Simon is Wills first friend he makes at his new school. Simon is the oldest member of the group and has a crush on his childhood friend Carli D'Amato. Simon is the other main character.

Jay Cartwright (James Buckley) - We all had a friend like Jay in high school. Jay is obsessed with sex and girls. He's unrelenting in his crude and misogynistic comments. He claims to be experienced in the love making department but it's clear he's a virgin like the rest of the boys. Jay's other 2 main traits are his penchant for lying about...well everything and his inability to ever accept fault when things go wrong. Jay is probably one of my favorite characters.

Neil Sutherland (Blake Harrison) - Neil is dim witted, slow and very gullible. Neil is the overall nicest person in the group. His main traits are believing everything Jay says regardless of how outlandish it is. Neil's Dad is also constantly accused of being a closet homosexual. Neil is a great person.

The show's name - British Television Invasion

Social Media: Facebook | Twitter

Where to get it?
iTunes I RSS Feed I Soundcloud Profile

The show's genre - We have discussed the British Comedy series Peep show and are currently working on The Inbetweeners. We discuss the finer points of the episodes and talk in general about how funny it is. We are also critical of the show when necessary.

Release schedule - Weekly on Wednesday. We are currently done with Peep Show (63 episodes in total) and are starting Inbetweeners (4 episodes currently)

If you have any feedback negative or positive I would appreciate it! You can PM if you want.

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 31, 2018

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The Humble Slug

Latest episode: Episode 24: The Humble Bean We spend a lot of time trying to bridge the cultural gap of sweet bean desserts and discussing the moral shortcomings of Jack and the Beanstalk.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
Hi, I released a special report on Chinese internet surveillance. My podcast, Ephemera, is about stories that could've only happened online; this more heavily researched imprint, Splinternet, is about the efforts of states to impose control over the Internet itself.

It's 25 minutes, not in any way a comprehensive overview, but I tried to speak to some cases I think are illustrative of a bigger picture.

I don't know if by creating this I've become an enemy of the Chinese state; I think there's a non zero chance? So you might as well listen to it. Cover art below is also a soundcloud link:

The show's name: Ephemera
RSS
The show's genre: storytelling
Release schedule: monthly

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The Humble Slug

Latest episode: Episode 25: The Humble Frog We talk about frogs, some cool facts about them and some odd places where they pop up in culture, like their association with ninjas.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Mayberry

Soundcloud
iTunes
RSS
iHeartRadio
Spreaker
Stitcher
YouTube
Spotify

Breaking Mayberry is a comedy/criticism podcast where two guys (one of which is me) go back and watch every episode of the Andy Griffith Show to understand why its such a big deal. What made this show such a cultural touchstone, and why is it always brought up by conservatives as "the way things should be?" Along the way, we learn about the turbulent '60s, come up with fan theories, and explore the weird world of Mayberry. The comedy holds up - the lessons not so much.

New Episodes
It's Season Two, Baby!
22: The Laws of Physics Will Not Allow You To Hurt Me!
Marty and Dan are back for Season 2, and we start with a very special episode about the dangers of bullying, and how Opie is impervious to pain.

In S02EP01 "Opie And The Bully", Opie is constantly losing his milk money to a slightly taller child, and Andy provides the best course of action: Lying to his son to put him in physical danger. Marty and Dan take on the Great British Baking Show and the evil likes of the American Milk lobbyists.

23:Barney's Secret Hole

Come on down to Barney's Secret Hole, a magical place special to Barney. Is it a hole that only Barney knows about, or is it a hole where Barney's secrets are kept? No one knows, I guess. That's why it's a secret hole.

Marty and Dan try to survive election night by plowing through episodes 2 and 3 of AG Season 2. First, in "Barney's Replacement", Barney resigns from the Mayberry PD, a move that may have had more impact if we hadn't seen him do it like 15 times already. Then, in "Andy and the Lady Speeder", a woman from Washington is accused of the crimes of being a woman and having an opinion Andy doesn't like. (And also speeding.)

24:You Backed The Wrong Horse! Sit and Spin!
Marty and Dan sat down again with their legal expert Ian Roberts to talk about historical financial contracts and the breakdown of the post-Civil war southern economy, all while Andy tries to keep a senile old man from being evicted.

Look, there's a lot going on in this episode, okay? It's Season 2, Episode 4, "Mayberry Goes Bankrupt!"

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

iTunes
RSS
Spreaker

Genre: Advice, Jobs
Release Schedule: bi-Weekly-ish
Twitter: https://twitter.com/WWYHMPodcast
Email us: hiremepodcast@gmail.com

Why Won't You Hire Me? is a podcast about the stories of job hunting and job searching - told by people who are actually doing it right now. Also covering topics regarding labor issues, employment relations, and other hiring and business issues.

Episodes

04: I Can't Get The Experience Until I Have The Experience (with Maggie Douglas
On this episode of Why Won't You Hire Me, we're talking about leaving jobs - whether that's a 10-month process of finding a new position, or retiring from football in the middle of a game. Martin explains why he thinks Vontae Davis' halftime retirement was a good move, and then talks to Maggie Douglas about her longstanding search to leave her job. Maggie's a writer and editor in the Austin, TX area currently working Admissions at UT Austin. She comes by to talk with us about the struggle with gaining experience, looking for jobs while working, seeing university from the inside, and a little bit about the new Spider-Man PS4 game.

05: Check Your Employment Privilege (with Rachel Drane)
Things get a little sentimental as Martin revels in the post-Thanksgiving bliss to tell the world what he's thankful for. (Hint: It's you)

Then we sit down with Rachel Drane, host of the podcast Putting Out With Rachel, to talk about her article in Technic.Ly Philly begging for employers to have some empathy when dealing with applicants. We talk about the hazards of networking, the little-stated positive aspects of unemployment, and what happens when the person in charge of hiring you goes on vacation.
[/quote]

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The Humble Slug

Latest episode: Episode 26: The Humble Eel With its most famous representative not even being an eel, what does this group of fish have to offer? We discuss Japanese culinary rivalries, the sad state of fishery attempts, and have lots of jaw talk. Lots.

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

COMIC BROS Podcast

Get it: iTunes | Pocket Casts | Stitcher | YouTube | SoundCloud | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Show Blog Full of Good Stuff :dance:

Genre: General Entertainment
Release: Month... ly... ish...?

Description: Mark Wise, Jin Wicked, and Root Bradford sit down every month to chat about what we're up to, what we've been working on, review what we've been reading, and discuss other comic-related topics. Includes perspectives both as readers and independent creators of comics.

Episode 29: QUARTER BIN CARNAGE!!! :black101: I don't think your earballs are ready for this bold new direction... In Episode 029, Josh Lesnick guest hosts for a BATTLE ROYALE episode of the Comic Bros podcast! After the usual pleasantries, Root and Mark have each been given three terrible amazing 25-cent bargain bin comics to convince Josh that he should read. It's a slag-off of the worst 80s and 90s comics have to offer!

:suspense: WHO WILL EMERGE VICTORIOUS!?!?!?!?

root fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 19, 2018

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The Humble Slug

Latest episode: Episode 27: The Humble Rice We talk one of the world's staple foods: rice. Featuring in the cuisines of many cultures, we explore what we do with this staple grain, along with the usual diatribes into fermented soybeans, drinking laws and archaeology.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I still need to get better at posting these, but we had a lull week last week so I can post the most recent episode here. If you want more on-time updates, I post these to SA's own Tokusatsu thread usually day of/day after release. Consider looking there!

Anyway...

Henshin History
Available On: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Spotify | RSS
Social Media: Website | Tumblr | Twitter | Patreon

Genre: Comedy/Educational, with a focus on Tokusatsu.
Release Schedule: Every Saturday! (Currently Sundays, due to holiday schedule screwiness.)
Duration: Varies on the longer side, somewhere between 1h40 to 2h15 at the extreme ends.
Goon: Myself (Monathin)/Sven Michel, alongside my longtime friends/nongoons Alexa Hollow and Van Ong

Description: Don't know your Kikaider from your Space Sheriff? Do the phrases 'Heisei Era' and 'Showa Era' fill you with a deep primal fear? Ever wanted to look into the origins of all those weird live-action shows Saban pushed in the 90s? Look no further! Henshin History is a podcast of tokusatsu heroes, from the beginning to now, and of three friends whose lives have been utterly ruined by spandex superheroes starting a perilous journey through nearly 50 years of tokusatsu history, with the occasional detour for context.

---

Most Recent Episode: Episode 50: Wing Ramses! - We move from the very unfortunate Baron Tusk to Archbishop Wing, who is almost completely devoid of personality. Luckily, we get to cover two famous Kamen Rider related shitposts this week for the price of one: V3's ability to show up anywhere, anytime, and the legendary Operation: Flying Squirrel.

Next Episode: We cover something a little different, a shlocky japanese horror flick, directed by the man who helped create Godzilla.

Other episodes of note, since the last time I posted here:

Episode 29: Counting Stars: The wrap up to Cyborg 009, we discuss the highs and lows of Ishinomori's most iconic work, including his inability to end it on a satisfactory note, and the... interesting nature of its unfinished grand finale, God's War.

Episode 31: Gill Toots As He Pleases: Sentai didn't exist quite yet, so Kamen Rider 1971 had to run alongside something. Riding the wave of the Henshin Boom comes perennial Hawaiian favorite: Android Kikaider!

Episode 36: An Imbalance of Humours: Our wrap-up coverage of Kamen Rider 1971. As Gel-Shocker (the second iteration of Shocker) comes to its end, we're face to face with the franchise's big bad: Great Leader. We talk about the shows foundations and its influence throughout Japanese media.

Episode 37: I Would Rather Have Nothing: After several episodes in which Kikaider's unfortunately formulaic nature has been stretched to its absolute limits, Van and I finally lose our cool at the brazenly offensive to modern-day senses Pink Armadillo episode.

Episode 38: The House That V3 Built: Coming hot off the heels off of the salt of Kikaider and the end of 1971 comes Kamen Rider V3, a show that has promised to deliver never before seen results. The strength of refinement in Kamen Rider's formula is apparent from day one, and we all get hype over it.

Episode 41: Brain Functions Unclear: Van and I wrap up Android Kikaider, having been made assurances that the finale swings up from a looming nosedive... but is it enough to redeem the show in our eyes?

Episode 43: Unravelling At The Seams In our Post-Android Kikaider coverage, Van and I touch on 2014's reimagining via the movie Kikaider: Reboot. Is it a faithful and enjoyable adaptation? Well...

Episode 45: Back On Our Bullshit (Feat. Tara Wrist): Podcast friend Tara, who last joined us for our coverage on DEVILMAN crybaby comes back once again to give us context for the extraordinarily surreal 90s movie Mechanical Violator Hakaider, a movie directed by the man who would eventually go on to create western Tokusatsu fan-favorite franchise GARO.

Episode 46: Doktor G's Book Club: Our wrap-up episode on the first lieutenant of Kamen Rider V3's Destron: Doktor G (pronounced 'doctor gei'). In which we are positively spoiled by a cavalcade of old favorites.

Episode 47: A PhD In Draculas: Ishinomori's influence can be felt all throughout Kamen Rider to this very day, but he was a weird, weird dude. We examine one of his strangest - but most poignant - offerings in 1973's Inazuman. Oh, and we briefly touch on the show, too, I guess.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Dec 21, 2018

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012

The show's website URL: http://storiesfromtheinter.net
iTunes URL or RSS URL: http://ephemera.libsyn.com/RSS
The show's genre: Storytelling
Release schedule (weekly? monthly?): 20 minutes a month
A brief description of what your show's all about: Each month, host Stephanie Bee uses primary sources to tell a story that could've only happened online.

Hey folks! I just released a new episode about cool poo poo that went down on Eve Online. Last month, I did a story about a cryptocurrency that's ostensibly going to invent time travel. Goons may also be interested in the ep I did about Samadhi Village, the Hawaii Goon Yoga Island from a few years ago that failed like all :goonproject: s do.

Links:
Eph 09 - EVE Online is Like Vegas for Nerds
Eph 08 - If Marty McFly Can Do It So Can We
Eph 05 - like lost but everyone is hurley

a dozen swans fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 22, 2018

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Flash In The Pan

Latest Episodes:
Episode 17: “My First Flash” 2: Goku The Hedgehog
More of listeners' submissions of their first exposures to online animation. Featuring Jerry Jackson's linkin prk kem 2 my house, a truly awful Britney Spears parody, and the epic trilogy Sonic: Nazo Unleashed.

Episode 18: They Look The Same!
To celebrate Alex's birthday, we finished off Rise Of The Mushroom Kingdom, explored a dance paty with O.N.E., and took our first trip into the world of Group X with Mario Twins.

Episode 19: Five Nipples And A Baby Named Derek
It's finally here: our first SALAD FINGERS episode. We explore the strange world of David Firth, and elsewhere tackle a delicious slice of anime with Valhalla Knights.

Episode 20: That’s Tenure Baby!!!! (feat. Devious Vacuum)
We bring in superb guest DeviousVacuum, who shares two animation titans from her deepest soul: The Professor Brothers, and the incredibly strange Tales Of The Blode! One of the best episodes we've done.

Episode 21: You Are Drinking Children’s Memories
It's our inevitable Xmas special! We get crunk with Yo, It's Christmas!, check out two different flavours of The Night Santa Went Crazy, and wash it all down with a hot mug of Homestar Runner with A Decemberween Pageant.

Description: Two best friends delve into the online animation they grew up with!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Mayberry

Soundcloud
iTunes
RSS
iHeartRadio
Spreaker
Stitcher
YouTube
Spotify

New Episodes
25: Uncle Fester's Mustache Rides
Legal council Ian Roberts returns for our back-to-back legal episodes! Ian explains the history of "the pill" and its availability, Dan learns secrets about J Edgar Hoover, and Barney Fife accidentally gets into some cuckold/swinging shenanigans. This poo poo is weird, folks. It's Season 2, Episode 5, "Barney on the Rebound!"

26:Rage Against the Gumball Machine

We meet the most crust-punk of all Andy Griffith characters in this episode, Mad Men is discussed at length, and Marty does a pretty solid Tom Waits impression. It's Season 2, Episode 6, "Opie's Hobo Friend."

27: So Very, Very, Bad At Crime
Okay, so about halfway through the discussion here, we realize that this episode is actually terrible and makes no sense and that's about it from there.

It's Season 2, Episode 8 "Crime-Free Mayberry"

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The Humble Slug

Latest episode: Episode 28: The Humble Fly. As one can expect, we talk about an animal that is pretty low-key to the general public other than being a nuisance, but is actually pretty important to the scientific community.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

After a break for the holidays, we're back!

Henshin History
Available On: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Spotify | RSS
Social Media: Website | Tumblr | Twitter | Patreon

Genre: Comedy/Educational, with a focus on Tokusatsu.
Release Schedule: Every Saturday! (Currently Sundays/Mondays, due to holiday schedule screwiness.)
Duration: Varies on the longer side, somewhere between 1h40 to 2h15 at the extreme ends.
Goon: Myself (Monathin)/Sven Michel, alongside my longtime friends/nongoons Alexa Hollow and Van Ong

Description: Tokusatsu is a Japanese cultural touchstone that has more than made its impact felt over here, but did you ever want to look into the origins of all those weird live-action shows Saban pushed in the 90s? Look no further! Henshin History is a podcast of tokusatsu heroes, from the beginning to now, and of three friends whose lives have been utterly ruined by spandex superheroes starting a perilous journey through nearly 50 years of tokusatsu history, with the occasional detour for context.

---

Most Recent Episode: Episode 52: All For Revenge - Joji Yuki is a Destron Scientist framed by Destron's fourth and final Commander, Marshal Armor, in order to get him out of the way. In response, Yuki swears revenge, and becomes the fourth of the Legendary Seven Riders - V3's secondary and occasionally antagonistic foil, Riderman!

Next Episode: A very strange movie that's connected to Cyborg 009. Sorta.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
RSS: ephemera.libsyn.com/rss
Release schedule: 20 minutes a month
A brief description of what your show's all about : Ephemera is a cyberpunk, plunderphonics investigation of stories that could have only happened Online. From EVE Online and Goon Island to the Web's first big suicide hoax (1999!) and a digital bunny rabbits lawsuit, Ephemera tells bite sized stories about the ways people use the Web.

This month I released episode 2 of a special report I've been doing called SPLINTERNET, which looks at the ways the World Wide Web is "fracturing into discrete groups no longer willing, or able, to connect".

It's about Russian internet freedom post-Putin, and particularly post-Sochi, and the extralegal murder of journalists in Putin's Russia. Click the episode art to subscribe:

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Greetings!

Self promoting Podcast incoming.

Name: The Boys Who Would Be Critics

What is it about?

One of those podcasts where we review a current film and an older one which could be connected through narrative or theme.

How often do you post?

We try every week and sometimes every two weeks.

Platforms we are available on: Soundcloud| i tunes

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

a dozen swans posted:

RSS: ephemera.libsyn.com/rss
Release schedule: 20 minutes a month
A brief description of what your show's all about : Ephemera is a cyberpunk, plunderphonics investigation of stories that could have only happened Online. From EVE Online and Goon Island to the Web's first big suicide hoax (1999!) and a digital bunny rabbits lawsuit, Ephemera tells bite sized stories about the ways people use the Web.

This month I released episode 2 of a special report I've been doing called SPLINTERNET, which looks at the ways the World Wide Web is "fracturing into discrete groups no longer willing, or able, to connect".

It's about Russian internet freedom post-Putin, and particularly post-Sochi, and the extralegal murder of journalists in Putin's Russia. Click the episode art to subscribe:

Can confirm, this is a fantastic show. She does a fantastic job researching and laying out these amazing stories about weird, stupid, baffling and freaky poo poo that goes down online.

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

COMIC BROS Podcast

Get it: iTunes | Pocket Casts | Stitcher | YouTube | SoundCloud | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Instagram | Show Blog Full of Good Stuff :dance:

Genre: General Entertainment
Release: Month... ly... ish...?

Description: Mark Wise, Jin Wicked, and Root Bradford sit down every month to chat about what we're up to, what we've been working on, review what we've been reading, and discuss other comic-related topics. Includes perspectives both as readers and independent creators of comics.

Episode 30: PUT A GORILLA ON IT!!! :toot: Our heroes look back at 2018 and look forward to the coming year. Also they try to solve the mystery of why the show's IG account is called... @putagorillaonit !?

root fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 9, 2019

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Joe Ryan Podcast

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoeRyanPodcast
Twitter: https://twitter.com/joesryan
RSS: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:186677188/sounds.rss
Stitcher Direct Link: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/joe-ryan-podcast?refid=stpr
Subscribe on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/joe-ryan-podcast/id1064044135
Direct Episode Link: Soundcloud | YouTube
Genre: Political commentary/opinion/other random stuff
Released: I try for once every two weeks, sometimes once a week
Goon: VH4Ever
Description: Joe returns with a new theme song befitting our Gilded Age/workers' rights redux era to once again revisit politics in America and where we are as the Presidential election season, once again, is upon us. We have one shot at the king and we best not miss. We begin though with a simple question: what the hell is it with white politicians and blackface?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Men Be Podcasting

Goon: Carlosologist
Description: Yo Men? They be podcasting (in a very non-problematic way)
The Team of Chris, Brandon, Carlos (with the occasional guest!) get together to record informative, funny, and sometimes too real content on what is going on in our world.

Our topics range from music to politics and to sports, tune in every week to see what's on our minds! Thanks for letting us be part of your lives!
Also available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts!

Latest Episode: Sailing through All Star Weekend

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/mbppodcast
RSS: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:458479263/sounds.rss
Apple Podcasts: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/men-be-podcasting/id1442123109?mt=2
Spotify Podcasts: https://open.spotify.com/show/05arpZuVdXZC4MvKwd8IBC?si=LEy2LBFIS6OFJgIMZN22QA

Let me know what you guys think, it's kind of cliche, as three friends getting together and chatting is the base for a ton of podcasts. I think ours is definitely something different from the rest since we put in work every week to create something entertaining.

go speed racer go
Dec 11, 2006

~wat it do, dough~
The Digital Bench
https://www.thedigitalbench.com
Available via: iTunes // Spotify // Google Play Music // Stitcher // Direct Download // Show Notes
Genre: Videogames
Release schedule: Monthly
This month's episode: Anthem hurts, but not in like an outright painful way. It's more like a dull pain that sits at the front of your forehead for hours on end. Luckily, other games did manage to make us happy: Tetris 99, Apex Legends, and Planet Coaster all get shown some love.
About our podcast: A bunch of goons get together in a basement and eat pizza while talking a bunch of bullshit about games. Usually it's some combination of myself, epic Kingdom Hearts LP, Toaster Beef, and our lovely host drawbot.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Flash In The Pan

Latest Episodes:

https://flashinthepancast.com/2019/01/14/episode-22-egg/
WIGGLE JIGGLE. YELLOW MIDDLE. THAT'S THE BEST OF WHAT YOU ARE. We celebrate protein with Egg Song (I Love You Egg!), wax lyrical about awful banner ads with Say Something!, and round out the episode with the superb animutation Irrational Exuberance: YATTA!

Episode 23: Ministry Of Wi-Fi And Sausage Rolls
Things get weird and experimental with Squaresville, and then Star Wars gets very gently parodied with Super Console Wars, Part 1.

Episode 24: Kaaaa-wiiiizzz!
To celebrate a whole year of FITP, Tom subjects Alex to a gruelling brain-bender of a quiz. We also look at two sequels: There She Is! Step 2: Cake Dance and Decline Of Video Gaming 2.

Episode 25: Airborne Chunks Of Torso
Covering high school Japanese with Final Fantasy A+, Cold War propaganda films and Earthbound sprites in Duck And Cover, and finishing up with the extremely powerful and action-packed Here Comes Dr. Tran!

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Oh, neat! Glad I found this thread, been afraid to self-promote on SA but glad there's an outlet for it here.

Know Your Roll
https://soundcloud.com/user-783146566
http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:577502202/sounds.rss
Comedy/Tabletop games
We're just getting started, but aiming for a biweekly release schedule going forward
We're an actual play D&D podcast in the vein of The Adventure Zone. I'm the DM and my girlfriend and a couple friends make up the party. Taking some major inspiration from The Adventure Zone Balance arc in terms of format and taking a lot of narrative cues from other media I enjoy. We mostly just joke around and have fun but I've been trying to put an emphasis on making it fun for people to listen to whether they enjoy D&D or not. I also wrote all the music (some stuff is just layering together some garageband loops, some stuff is entirely original) and have done all of the promo art and illustrations for the show. We're on itunes and spotify now so should be pretty easy to get your hands on. Would love if y'all listened! Next ep this Friday, March 7th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Mayberry

Soundcloud
iTunes
RSS
iHeartRadio
Spreaker
Stitcher
YouTube
Spotify

New Episodes
28: The Pain Will Stop When You Tell Me Your Long-Term Goals!
This week, Barney does a sexism, skeet gets shot, and Marty and Dan ponder the sexual escapades of Philadelphia's many Benjamin Franklin impersonators. It's Season 2, Episode 8, "The Perfect Female."

29:Doodles Moseys In

Allright, this is probably our most immature episode so far, but we had some steam to blow off, and this fruit was low-hanging. This episode is about an old woman who hooks up with travelling drifters, I don't know how else to break it to you, there it is though. Marty and Dan respond about as well as can be expected.

30: Breaking Mayberry LIVE at South Street Cinema
Marty and Dan step up on the stage for the first-ever Breaking Mayberry live show!