Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

The Brown Moses Podcast
iTunes
Genre - Current events, investigative journalism, technology, and more
Release schedule - Weekly
Description - A new podcast I've started for my new website, Bellingcat, where I speak to people using or developing tools and techniques used in open source investigations. Basically I want interesting people to talk about the cool projects they've been working on, and so far I've had Paul Radu, director of the Organised Crime and Corruption Report Project; Peter Jukes, the author who live Tweeted the 9 months phone hacking trials in the UK; and Christoph Koettl of Amnesty International talking about the growing role of open source information in investigating human rights violations, and their newly launched Citizen Evidence Lab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

The Bellingcat Podcast - MH17
iTunes
Spotify
RSS
Stitcher
TuneIn
Player.fm

Episode 1 Guide
Episode 2 Guide
Episode 3 Guide

Genre - True crime, politics, documentary
Release schedule - Weekly on Wednesday for 6 weeks

Description
The Bellingcat Podcast - MH17 is a 6 part documentary series examining the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 over Eastern Ukraine on July 17th 2014. Bellingcat has a played a major role in investigating the events surrounding the disaster, and this podcast brings together the last 5 years of investigations with podcasts with experts, journalists, investigators, lawyers, and family members.

Episode 1 examines the situation in Eastern Ukraine at the time, interviewing experts on the region, and then talks to journalists who were at the crash site immediately after MH17 was shot down.
Episode 2 looks at the reaction of the Russian government in the immediate aftermath of the shoot down, and, with the help of experts and Bellingcat investigators, examines their July 21st 2014 press conference where they presented what they claimed was evidence indicating Ukraine's involvement in the attack on MH17.
Episode 3 follows Bellingcat's investigation and the investigations by journalists on the ground, identifying the murder weapon, and tracking it back to its point of origin using the online open source investigation techniques Bellingcat has become well known for in this case.
Episode 4 having identified the murder weapon and where it came from, we look next at the identities of the people behind the attack on MH17, and the Bellingcat investigations that led to the individuals involved being identified.
Episode 5 takes intercepted phone calls published by the the criminal investigation team working on the case, Joint Investigation Team (JIT), and the Ukrainian intelligence service the SBU, and uses those calls to recreate the build up to the day of the attack, events on the day of the shoot down, and the aftermath of the events of July 17th 2014 from the perspective of the separatists.
Episode 6 talks to lawyers and legal experts involved with the legal cases around MH17, the head of the Joint Investigation Team, and family members of the victims about the future for the case and hopes for justice and accountability.

A short preview of the first episode is below:
https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/1151434541871128576

Brown Moses fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jul 31, 2019