Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

ratbert90 posted:

I will however work my rear end off to get this out.

The sheer thanklessness of devs like you simply amazes me. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

hotsauce posted:

The sheer thanklessness of devs like you simply amazes me. Thank you.
thanklessness -- ingratitude, ungratefulness

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Regardless, you are very welcome, as I am currently unemployed for the last 9 months now I have to do something to pass the time, and hopefully in the future you guys will buy an app I make that isn't the SA-Forums app. :unsmith:

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
There's also a new Guardian app out now. It's apparently pretty good, are there many other news apps out for WP7 yet?

syphon
Jan 1, 2001
I asked this in the main WP7 thread but didn't get any answers.

I've just started using my WP7 phone as a music player (previously I never listened to music on it) and would love for some way of syncing Zune from iTunes or Google Music (the latter already syncs from the former).

I'm starting to get frustrated at the number of different music managers out there, and each of them seems to have unique feature that the others don't, so I can't just ignore all but one!

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

goku chewbacca posted:

thanklessness -- ingratitude, ungratefulness

Well, whatever the official definition is, you get the point.

You know, people who spend hours of their free time working on an app thats....free.

I just appreciate that some people spend hours making an app that will probably not make them a penny (unless it's ad-supported).

That's all.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Hey guys what's up?
:v:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Oh, if anybody is decent at silverlight PLEASE add me to google talk ADuskett at gmail .com, I could sure use some help on this. Thank you!

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sri.Theo posted:

There's also a new Guardian app out now. It's apparently pretty good, are there many other news apps out for WP7 yet?

Weave is a drat good RSS reader, but since it's based on RSS it all really depends on the quality of your source feeds. The built in browser + mobilizer isn't bad either.
Really looking forward to the Awful App! If you need beta testers, I'm running on an unlocked Samsung Omnia 7.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007
Anyone tried the new Navigon app? Looks promising although at only 5 megs, it obviously doesn't store local maps...

I'm just jonsing for a good navigation app to lure me away from Android.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

hotsauce posted:

Anyone tried the new Navigon app? Looks promising although at only 5 megs, it obviously doesn't store local maps...

I'm just jonsing for a good navigation app to lure me away from Android.

It does use local maps, the app downloads 1.6 - 2.3 gigs of maps (via WiFi or your PC) once you launch it:

http://www.wpcentral.com/navigon-lands-u-s-and-european-marketplaces

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Maneki Neko posted:

It does use local maps, the app downloads 1.6 - 2.3 gigs of maps (via WiFi or your PC) once you launch it:

http://www.wpcentral.com/navigon-lands-u-s-and-european-marketplaces

Thanks. I didn't read the description, just saw 5MB on the market.

This may very well be worth $30...

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005

ratbert90 posted:

Hey guys what's up?
:v:

hell yes if you need help with testing let me know

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

ratbert90 posted:

Oh, if anybody is decent at silverlight PLEASE add me to google talk ADuskett at gmail .com, I could sure use some help on this. Thank you!

Maybe of use?
http://www.wpcentral.com/free-silverlight-windows-phone-toolkit-ebook

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Actually with everything that exploded when Lediur upgraded the app 7.1, I may have to start from scratch.

Rent
Jul 20, 2004
Steal the warm wind tired friend
For RSS, I really like Fuse. It's about a dollar compared to Pulse being free, but it runs dramatically better than Pulse.

I also like Send to WP7, which is just an app you download and a small plugin/config on your computers browser to send links and stuff to your phone.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Few apps that I've been using that I like:

GoVoice: a Google Voice client. Works quite well with texts.

sleepPhaseAlarm: It works with your sleep cycle to wake you up more effectively than just setting an alarm.

Weave: I like this RSS client.

Smart Weather: Live tile weather goodness. Not as good as Weather, but also free, and the live tile looks pretty good. Far better than Accuweather and Weatherbug.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

ratbert90 posted:

Actually with everything that exploded when Lediur upgraded the app 7.1, I may have to start from scratch.
Theoretically, there shouldn't be much at all breakage. All my apps do just fine immediately after converting to 7.1.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Combat Pretzel posted:

Theoretically, there shouldn't be much at all breakage. All my apps do just fine immediately after converting to 7.1.

Theoretically yes, but in this case, yeah no. If you would like to help in your spare time feel free to add me to Gmail, as I would love to get this thing up and running. :)

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

jwoven posted:

Few apps that I've been using that I like:

sleepPhaseAlarm: It works with your sleep cycle to wake you up more effectively than just setting an alarm.

Could you post a link to this one? I can't find it on the phone marketplace or windowsphone.com.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

ZeroAX posted:

Could you post a link to this one? I can't find it on the phone marketplace or windowsphone.com.

Try this link: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/57fb8a8b-c363-41ad-97c1-7f71c204593f

Zarfol
Aug 13, 2009
Anyone know what happened to the iHeartRadio app? I had it on my phone, but had to get a replacement phone due to problems. Seems to have disappeared from the marketplace.

Maxxx
Apr 12, 2006
WHAT

Zarfol posted:

Anyone know what happened to the iHeartRadio app? I had it on my phone, but had to get a replacement phone due to problems. Seems to have disappeared from the marketplace.

Yeah, doesn't show up on the marketplace on the phone but does show up on the marketplace on the computer though.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

I'd like to throw into the ring Mango Transit. Its a map app that helps to patch a big gap in the official Bing maps application: public transit directions.

Why this isn't present in the official app in Mango is beyond me, but Mango Transit does an good job at finding and displaying transit directions between two locations. I've been having to travel down to San Fran for work and mango transit has been excellent at helping me get about town using the BART and MUNI buses.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Hey ratbert90, I've also cranked out an Awful app:

I don't have it hosted online yet, but perhaps I'll convert my ViewThread page into a UserControl that can be ported over to your project. I'm crazy busy these days, so if that helps speed up getting a working forum reader going I'm all for it!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

"G-III" posted:

I'd like to throw into the ring Mango Transit. Its a map app that helps to patch a big gap in the official Bing maps application: public transit directions.

Why this isn't present in the official app in Mango is beyond me, but Mango Transit does an good job at finding and displaying transit directions between two locations. I've been having to travel down to San Fran for work and mango transit has been excellent at helping me get about town using the BART and MUNI buses.

Sweet this should help me in Philadelphia.

Still need a solid Google talk app. Anyone have suggestions.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

bootleg robot posted:

Hey ratbert90, I've also cranked out an Awful app:

I don't have it hosted online yet, but perhaps I'll convert my ViewThread page into a UserControl that can be ported over to your project. I'm crazy busy these days, so if that helps speed up getting a working forum reader going I'm all for it!

Not only is yours better than mine, but probably has a lot cleaner code, feel free to send it my way so I will be a lot less angry!

Aduskett @ gmail .com

Thanks and I will totally help on this!

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Almost done here; I just need to implement spoiler text parsing, and how to handle authentication (help!) and the beta will be ready to ship out!

How do you guys like the quotes? As far as the color goes, I prefer white text over a black background, personally (Focus user, here)...

ratbert90 posted:

Not only is yours better than mine, but probably has a lot cleaner code, feel free to send it my way so I will be a lot less angry!

Aduskett @ gmail .com

Thanks and I will totally help on this!

Haha, I'm not so sure about clean code, but I'll do my best to make it readable and extendable. My email is nathanisaac at gmail dot com. The rest of the week is going to be pretty busy so I'll try to get in touch.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Is there a possible way you can include color scheme options? I'm a Focus user myself and I use white on black to save battery most of the time.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Broken Loose posted:

Is there a possible way you can include color scheme options? I'm a Focus user myself and I use white on black to save battery most of the time.

Yeah, I can add theme options to satisfy both Focus and non-Focus users.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

If you wanna do a beta release of that app, I have a dev account and can sideload it.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

bootleg robot posted:

Yeah, I can add theme options to satisfy both Focus and non-Focus users.

Thank you. I like the way a white background looks but it is hard on my eyes.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

http://www.mediafire.com/?1d00wg2p8nafhzv

Okay sideloaders, have at it. It's rough, but it's usable. A couple of things:

- You'll have to log back in every time you completely exit the application. For now, you can enter your username and password once and then save it. From then on it's just a matter of hitting the login button.

- Bookmarks are not implemented.

- Favorites are not implemented.

- You might see some decoding issues on some posts.

- Although you can see how many new posts have been added to a thread since your last visit (currently only shows up to 100, but I'll have it display the actual figure), the command to take you it has not been implemented.

That's about all I can think of at the moment. Feel free to post any bugs, errors, or ideas. Thanks!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

bootleg robot posted:

- You'll have to log back in every time you completely exit the application. For now, you can enter your username and password once and then save it. From then on it's just a matter of hitting the login button.

- Although you can see how many new posts have been added to a thread since your last visit (currently only shows up to 100, but I'll have it display the actual figure), the command to take you it has not been implemented.

That's about all I can think of at the moment. Feel free to post any bugs, errors, or ideas. Thanks!
I will get on it ASAP, if my loving car didn't decide to freak the gently caress out on me I would help a lot more. :smith:

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Hah it appears my company is sending me to a WP7 dev camp in a month. I guess I'll get a nice jump start on my app on the company's time! Yay!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know of a good Google talk app for Windows phone? It's starting to bother me not having one.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Does anyone know of a good Google talk app for Windows phone? It's starting to bother me not having one.

I'm with ya. I want a reliable google voice app...nothing I've used works well enough.

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

bootleg robot posted:

So you still have to pay the $99 Dev fee if you want to upload to the beta marketplace?
That sucks.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

AtomD posted:

So you still have to pay the $99 Dev fee if you want to upload to the beta marketplace?
That sucks.

Just found out about this feature, and my Dev account hasn't expired yet, so...

In order to participate in the Awful beta, post your email address here. The address you submit must be the same email you used for your Windows LiveID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

bootleg robot posted:

In order to participate in the Awful beta, post your email address here.

I'd love to test it out! Live email is barren_sky at hotmail.

• Locked thread