Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Ritznit posted:

Naja, solange es nur in Bayern ist ... :v:

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I, for one, will volunteer to build the Antibayerischer Schutzwall along the Elbe.

Also, make Schleswig-Holstein wieder Dänisch.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Dommolus Magnus posted:

I think we've been over this, but giving the Danes access to the Verkehrssünderkartei seems like a bad idea.

I'm genuinely wondering if this is a "Autofahrer sind die neuen Juden" joke or not. :v:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Randler posted:

We kicked out: Total Annihilation

Gott strafe England.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

FTL is a good game that has no place being on a list of strategy games and in terms of industry impact is kind of "eh?".

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Post your favorite tune to do your taxes along to.

:10bux:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpbbuaIA3Ds:20bux:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Libluini posted:

And now I'm waiting for my train and ask myself if I'm just unusually observant, or if Hannover is just full with insane people?

Probably the same as everywhere else, but still the only city where I encountered someone shouting "Heil Hitler" and giving the salute in broad daylight on the Marienplatz and not get immediately decked by another pedestrian.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Zwille posted:

hey guess what just when you thought this couldn't get any dumber #thuehringen is trending, even ZEIT and Jusos are using it.

:cripes:

Just twitter users living up to their reputation. :colbert:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Leben am Limit.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

No ring :colbert:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

For real though, Austria seems to have a watchful eye on Germany's politics and whenever there's something unfathomably dumb happening in Germany they have to one-up us somehow. I hope they know that relationship is not healthy.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

System Metternich posted:

You northerners still alive? The storm has reached us down here too now and I think I’ll take up my employer’s offer and simply stay home, what the gently caress

The only thing special about this storm is that the barvarians also get some wind. It's not exceptionally strong.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Well, the easiest solution to the CDU issue is to never vote for them :v:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

It's Guttenberg.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

That's not a disincentive from leaving the GKV though. When you are young and making bank you can go FYGM and when you are older and no longer making bank the PKV bends you over the barrel. That's their business model. The FYGM is the point and later consequences are irrelevant.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

We don't "do" carnival up here. It's good.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

A Feiertagsangleichung would certainly be welcome. Adding the Reformationstag was a good step in the right direction. :v:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Well, Hamburg is partially north Germany, so of course they don't care about a little breeze.

It'd make me pretty happy if the faschos got thrown out of Hamburg, to say the least.

Hollow Talk posted:

People are weird. And have really bad taste in music.

Tell me about it. Somehow the people who play loud music always have poo poo taste. I've never heard good music played so loud that it was overpowering my headphones…

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I typically consume election results with my morning coffee by reading Tagesschau (for the actual results) and Taz/SZ (for the hot takes). No point going mad over preliminary results and swings and inane speculation.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Randler posted:

No Corona in Cologne after all.

Guess we are not getting off easy but have to take the climate change route.

Well, they have Kölsch, so…

I apologise profusely if anyone has made this dumb joke before. I am not very original.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Mithaldu posted:

Let's cuddle! :3:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

The 10 day guideline was lowered recently-ish from 14 iirc.

It's generally a good idea to store some food in case of natural or man made disaster. A normal Grippe or a WoW expansion could force you to stay inside for a bit.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Libluini posted:

I think Oliwan may be feverish. Is it Corona already? :ohdear:

I'm internet diagnosing a terminal case of oliwan, actually :ohdear:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Weird, while buying my hamsters I noticed nothing amiss. Is the north just generally much more chill?

Well, if people go full panic, I have more than 14d of supplies at home anyway.

I noticed the local REWE is stocking 1L Danish yogurt again so I hamsterkäuft the gently caress out of it. :dance:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

The Danes just have dairy figured out. It's yogurt, but objectively better.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Randler posted:

All white, low fat, no taste.

:wrong:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Libluini posted:

Well, then she won't be taking the world by storm, at least not in Germany. She would be arrested and then send back home the minute she left her plane

Why would the Verfaschungsschutz turn away one of their kin?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Well, it's preparing for the wrong type of flu. Immunosuppressants worked with the spanish flu, but don't with this one. I, too, would give disapproving looks.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I never liked zooners either, FWIW.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

System Metternich posted:

The Thuringia saga continues with a twist I honestly didn't see coming:

Welch Handlungszwirbler!

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Schei? encoding.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Well, I am glad leading German websites have published good recipes à la Nudeln mit Klopapiersoße.

Also, regarding Spahn, it's not like he could do much. It's all Ländersache.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

ach_berlin.txt

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Say what you want about COVID-19, at least it makes the trains run on time :v:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

My employer has informed me that school's closed, but since I'm a sysadmin I'll get to ride out this plague from my office and can't work from home…

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I already have enough supplies to last me two weeks, and more with rationing. But that's because I hate planning so I just have a ton of food options at home. :colbert:

I'm taking this as an opportunity to do some inventory and cycle through my supplies. Got a lot of rye flour that needs baking.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Tbh., these days, I feel like Dead to a Dying World ("What if GY!BE, but Metal") is most apropros.

Name ist Programm.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

ABen posted:

How is it that rice and noodles and flour are ausverkauft, and no one has even started in on the dried beans and lentils or spices yet? Or even frozen veggies? Are people just planning on eating the nothing but the most boring food in the entire world for the next 4 weeks?

I'm not getting the impression that people are actually planning for a two or three week quarantine in earnest. At the local REWE the pasta was ausverkauft but the sauces and pesto were fully stocked. Like…wut? What are they going to season that pasta with? Disinfectant?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Barbarians. Gott strafe Deutschland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Is that a thing people do?!