Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Imagine a 1 int route for Ulysses

Make the Divide Great Again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
"Courier Six!...what...no...I am not your dad. No...what? I don't even know what a Santa Claus is....stop crying god!"

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
That’s so hot it makes me wish for a nuclear winter

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

https://twitter.com/JoseCanseco/status/1268992126974451712

Turns out Mr. House is Jose Canseco.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Aimed for House, ended up as Elijah.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
:actually: if you listen to Marty Robbins' other works, including the compositions that build upon that story, it's indicated that Texas Red stole the gun with all its notches by ambushing another guy who'd actually done all the killing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTehgtJpPvw

Also check out this other wonderful track by Robbins: great Fallout material

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XxYwWg7F8I

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Ain’t I Right is an evergreen reactionary song and could have been written today with minimal substitution

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

:actually: if you listen to Marty Robbins' other works, including the compositions that build upon that story, it's indicated that Texas Red stole the gun with all its notches by ambushing another guy who'd actually done all the killing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTehgtJpPvw

Also check out this other wonderful track by Robbins: great Fallout material

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XxYwWg7F8I

I love the implication of a Marty Robbins Musical Universe

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Speaking of music I was thinking, we know hippies existed and in large enough numbers to protest all over the place and scribble graffiti on stuff. I think some of the songs on the radio should reflect that, stuff like Woody Guthrie's "Tear them fascists down". I mean poo poo, there's a gun in the game that's a very specific in-universe dig at Guthrie.

I'm sure most if not all ITT will know the reference but in case anyone doesn't, Woody Guthrie had a sticker on his guitar that said "This machine kills fascists" and the special battle rifle "This Machine" has "Well this machine kills commies!" carved on it. It sounds like the song was someone popular, even with all the hippy crackdowns. Some of those records could have survived.

I should stop bitching and make my own radio mod for it but that's :effort:

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

https://twitter.com/SJBsMama/status/1274175397337411586

:yikes: Aw man...

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Well that is stupid and lovely.

If anyone has a link to an article on the accusations I'd be interested in reading it.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
I was very worried something had come up about Sawyer while waiting for the tweet to load.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
haven't there been rumors about that for years?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Randaconda posted:

The thing with "rumors" and "whisper networks" is that they aren't as obvious for the people outside them than the people inside them think. That's why "missing stairs" in the entertainment industry (any industry or institution, really) are such a big problem.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Randaconda posted:

This is the first time I've heard of it. :( Alltho CA has been flirting with a very chuddy forum lately which made me give him the side eye but I wanted to believe he wasn't a bad guy. Guess I was wrong. :smith:

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Randaconda posted:

There have rumors for a while in a "Psst between you and me, don't let him be alone with young girls" sort of way. But as Fair Bear Maiden is right to point out, spreading rumors doesn't protect vulnerable people from an abuser.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jun 20, 2020

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:smith:

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

https://twitter.com/GlitterBroker/status/1274218327980806145?s=20

Apparently a pattern of behavior.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

well that loving sucks

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what did you know and how long have you known it, rope kid? :colbert:

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Randaconda posted:

what did you know and how long have you known it, rope kid? :colbert:

I know you're probably joking, but I think it's worth noting that if people are told things in confidence, survivors might *not* want them to share stuff. That said, this raises the question of whether this behavior was allowed at Obsidian and what role it might have played, if any, when he left (or was ousted, as hinted in the Twitter thread?)

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Well drat.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Edit never mind

Jamie Faith fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 21, 2020

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Good writers borrow, great ones steal outright. Also lifting something from public domain folklore probably doesn’t meet most folks conception of plagiarism.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

yeah I think the predatory behaviour and sexual assault are more important

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

El_Elegante posted:

Good writers borrow, great ones steal outright. Also lifting something from public domain folklore probably doesn’t meet most folks conception of plagiarism.

The gently caress does that have to do with anything being discussed right now?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

The gently caress does that have to do with anything being discussed right now?

the edited post above that one

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Oh, I missed that, so I don't know what it said.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Arcsquad12 posted:

Oh, I missed that, so I don't know what it said.

Yeah, that was my fault! Sorry about that. I posted a tweet that accused Avellone of plagiarism but on further inspection, the accusation was flimsy at best plus it was distracting from the real issue here (as others had pointed out) so I removed it.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

https://twitter.com/jacquicollins_/status/1274509359427383304

Jesus christ this guy is gross.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
I remember back when KOTOR2 came out he talked about how he hated writing romances and the way he described it sounded like it came from a pretty negatively skewed view of affection, I'm not totally surprised that the decade of nerd renown that followed those days developed into something pretty gross, especially considering the company he keeps online now.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

:stonklol:

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

JFC that's heinous.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Utgardaloki posted:

I remember back when KOTOR2 came out he talked about how he hated writing romances and the way he described it sounded like it came from a pretty negatively skewed view of affection, I'm not totally surprised that the decade of nerd renown that followed those days developed into something pretty gross, especially considering the company he keeps online now.

Did he write Myron in FO2?

e: he did. Writing was on the wall, in some ways.

Animal Friend fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jun 21, 2020

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Chris was Legion the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Degenerates like him belong on a cross.