Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Plus it makes it easier to identify. I always used to get the regular and modding thread mixed up because of the "witty" titles.

I'm not really a fan of witty titles in general, it just makes poo poo harder to find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

YOURFRIEND posted:

I like it how it is. The only thread in games without a "witty" title.

My Skyrim thread doesn't have one. Like I said earlier, the witty titles are between you guys and the mods. And mods generally don't like them anyways.

I don't mind witty titles, I just don't want to be the one to make 'em.

EDIT: I personally was annoyed with the last thread because there's a modding, console, and PC thread with Fallout in them. If there was a subforum-wide rule like [game name] - [witty title], that'll be better. For example, Fallout: New Vegas - Posting in this thread almost makes me wish for a nuclear wasteland and then Fallout: New Vegas - Mods. Mods never change.

Stay Safe fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Oct 2, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ddraig posted:

When you complete Anchorage you get a suit that blows the living poo poo out of the OWB stealth suit, though.

It's supposed to. The Mk. 2 in OWB's is the Think Tank attempting to reverse engineer stolen/recovered ones from the war.

Fallout: New Vegas - Defending the merits of slavery

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
Technically, this is the most witty title to date. Brevity and all that.

Lets not forget Rope Kid's own:

quote:

"Patrolling the Mojave makes you wish for a big iron that jingle jangle jingles." - Johnny Guitar

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Fallout New Vegas - The perk itself is actually homophobic

I was running through the DLCs for the first time and got interrupted by the Diablo 3 and BF3 betas, but gonna start OWB today and so excited :3:. I hear you can remove a trait in OWB - can you remove Logan's Loophole? As I'm nearing level 30 and it seems like a cleverish thing to do.

Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money

Scorchy posted:

I was running through the DLCs for the first time and got interrupted by the Diablo 3 and BF3 betas, but gonna start OWB today and so excited :3:. I hear you can remove a trait in OWB - can you remove Logan's Loophole? As I'm nearing level 30 and it seems like a cleverish thing to do.

Yeah, you get to change both of your traits, one time only.

Scorchy, what do you make of New Vegas? You're pretty familiar with Obsidian games (KOTOR 2 LP herp), do you think it's a better effort? More solid?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I found the Tesla-Beaton prototype, it beats the poo poo out of the Broken Steel tesla cannon.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Scorchy posted:

Yeah, I generally change it out for Hoarder once I hit OWB.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Cwapface posted:

I think if we're going to define evil meaningfully, we have to include an organisation that enslaves people, excludes women from their ranks for no good reason
Whether you think it's a "legit" reason or not, it's actually to ensure that the Legion breeds as many new legionaries as it can at the fastest possible rate. The way it is communicated in game often comes across as "traditionally" sexist instead of "follow these gender roles for army min-maxing".

Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money

rope kid posted:

Whether you think it's a "legit" reason or not, it's actually to ensure that the Legion breeds as many new legionaries as it can at the fastest possible rate. The way it is communicated in game often comes across as "traditionally" sexist instead of "follow these gender roles for army min-maxing".

Did Caesar imply they'd knock that poo poo off, or at least tone it down, after they turn Vegas into their new Rome, or am I mis-remembering?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

AlmightyBob posted:

I found the Tesla-Beaton prototype, it beats the poo poo out of the Broken Steel tesla cannon.

I haven't fired it yet, but I love carrying it around on my shoulder, it just looks so cool :blush:

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing
Is there a bug with Gun Runners Arsenal? None of the GRA ammo can be loaded into my wonderful guns, it just switches between vanilla ammo types when I press 2 :(

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

immortal flow posted:

Is there a bug with Gun Runners Arsenal? None of the GRA ammo can be loaded into my wonderful guns, it just switches between vanilla ammo types when I press 2 :(

Do you have any mods that modify weapons? Because anything that overwrites the ammo lists will make GRA's ammo not register.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
He just says that the Legion will change after they beat NCR, I don't think he ever mentions what would happen to the women

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Dush posted:

Did Caesar imply they'd knock that poo poo off, or at least tone it down, after they turn Vegas into their new Rome, or am I mis-remembering?
Yes, he does suggest that. He says that when the Legion dominates NCR, it will be akin to the rise of the Roman Empire following the republic. The Legion will become, if not a "peace" force, a domestic army instead of a roving war band, and the NCR's corruption will be swept away along with the government.

Arcade isn't exaggerating when he suggests that Caesar views the Colorado River as his Rubicon.

e: It's true that Caesar doesn't say anything explicitly about the role of women, but Caesar's view of women is different from most of the legionaries. As I wrote above, the Legion is at war, and he views the use of women for military purposes as a bad strategic choice when he could be using them to create more legionaries.

SeanBeansShako posted:

So rope kid do you know how well the DLC sales for FNV are in general numbers wise at all?
I don't get any sales numbers, unfortunately.

rope kid fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 2, 2011

Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money

rope kid posted:

Yes, he does suggest that. He says that when the Legion dominates NCR, it will be akin to the rise of the Roman Empire following the republic. The Legion will become, if not a "peace" force, a domestic army instead of a roving war band, and the NCR's corruption will be swept away along with the government.

Arcade isn't exaggerating when he suggests that Caesar views the Colorado River as his Rubicon.

e: It's true that Caesar doesn't say anything explicitly about the role of women, but Caesar's view of women is different from most of the legionaries. As I wrote above, the Legion is at war, and he views the use of women for military purposes as a bad strategic choice when he could be using them to create more legionaries.

That still doesn't bode great for women :sigh:. They can quit churning out babies in breeding camps, and start to enjoy life as second-class citizens.

edit: This all just underlines the need for a solid, decent Legion companion. A face and a mouthpiece for the Legion who can be aggressive to enemies but not a complete jackhole to everybody you encounter. The possibilities.

Dush fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 2, 2011

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing

Omnicarus posted:

Do you have any mods that modify weapons? Because anything that overwrites the ammo lists will make GRA's ammo not register.

Yeah that fixed it.

Oops :blush:

I don't really have much experience with Fallout modding, thanks!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Jerusalem posted:

I haven't fired it yet, but I love carrying it around on my shoulder, it just looks so cool :blush:

I hope you're not using Electron Charge Packs for anything else, because that thing chews through them like Sugar Bombs. According to the Wiki it used to use 45 rounds of ECP per shot and is now 6 rounds, but I swear I fired that thing once and it used 45 rounds.

It's insanely powerful though. It's basically like Euclid's C-Finder except you can fire it more than once, but only at one target at a time. It'd probably be a hoot to use with Meltdown.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

Dush posted:

Yeah, you get to change both of your traits, one time only.

Scorchy, what do you make of New Vegas? You're pretty familiar with Obsidian games (KOTOR 2 LP herp), do you think it's a better effort? More solid?

Well my opinion counts for nothing, because I'm one of the few people willing to overlook major trespasses in other aspects of a game when a game tells a good yarn and tells it well. I don't think in five years people would remember the minutia of the gameplay of this game or that, but a good story sticks with you forever. In that regard, open-world games always bored me to tears, because storytelling tends to get left to the wayside as a concession of offering more player 'freedom' or whatever.

New Vegas is the first open-world game I've actually liked, because of the way it tempers the open-world aspect with a lot of guidance, so it feels like the player can do whatever they want with the story, and that the developer anticipates most of the possibilities and gives you feedback on it. The way you can flit between the 3 factions and not having the storyline break, or the crazy amount of variations on the Ultra-Luxe quest for example. It's not that no one has thought of doing that stuff before, it's that no one had bothered to make that much of an effort up until now. I think the way they came into an established genre and brought so much freshness and elan to the storytelling and quest design is incredibly ambitious.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Dush posted:

edit: This all just underlines the need for a solid, decent Legion companion. A face and a mouthpiece for the Legion who can be aggressive to enemies but not a complete jackhole to everybody you encounter. The possibilities.

Fallout parodies of Titus Pullo and Lucius Vorenus.

jvempire
May 10, 2009
Another odd event in the wastes is when monsters crawl into the ground to hide from the onslaught of Boone.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Where should the next Fallout game take place? I wouldn't mind it taking place in Florida. It's a pretty weird state to begin with, so all sorts of wacky post-apocalyptic stuff could happen there. You would also get to explore beaches turned to glass and the ruins of Disney World. It could be like Fountain of Dreams, except good.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I suppose they could try and find a place to do in the Midwest?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

SeanBeansShako posted:

I suppose they could try and find a place to do in the Midwest?

The lost city of Atlanta. (actually New Orleans would be really cool because it'd be like Venice by the time of the Fallout future)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

After going through Lonesome Road, I'd really like a city based Fallout. A mix of crumbling ruins and rebuilt blocks. Fallout Denver.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

jvempire posted:

Another odd event in the wastes is when monsters crawl into the ground to hide from the onslaught of Boone.

Yeah, I noticed that glitch too. It's real annoying when I want to fast travel but I can't because a bark scorpion decided to bury itself in the sand and me and my companions are going ape-poo poo wasting ammo trying to kill it so I could warp to my destination.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Pharmaskittle posted:

The lost city of Atlanta. (actually New Orleans would be really cool because it'd be like Venice by the time of the Fallout future)

The antagonist of course is the magician!

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

SeanBeansShako posted:

The antagonist of course is the magician!

a pre-war imitator like The King, only of Huey P Long, would basically make it a GOTY hands-down

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

No one gives a fuck about shit.
So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,
Cause shit's fucked anyway.
Shit is run in to the ground.

I don't wanna think about it,
I just wanna get down.
So I've always been kind of bad at designing a SPECIAL build in this game and pretty much always end up with 9 int and everything else at 5 but I want to play through as a Unarmed dude. I'm using the XFO mod and have the SPECIAL changes enabled, can anyone give me a SPECIAL layout for melee? Preferably something that doesn't drop int super low because I love skillpoints, but especially with every stat being a much bigger deal I'm kind of lost.

Blunt Force Trauma fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 2, 2011

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Whatever they do in the next Fallout I honestly hope a different engine is used and if not for the love of God get rid of all of the invisible walls. Fallout 3 didn't have that problem but it's loving ridiculous how many invisible walls there are in New Vegas.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
e: read post wrong

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

Whatever they do in the next Fallout I honestly hope a different engine is used and if not for the love of God get rid of all of the invisible walls. Fallout 3 didn't have that problem but it's loving ridiculous how many invisible walls there are in New Vegas.

I'm pretty sure the next Fallout game (hopefully developed by Obsidian) will use the Skyrim engine. If so, we could be seeing some very pretty wastelands.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

SynthOrange posted:

After going through Lonesome Road, I'd really like a city based Fallout. A mix of crumbling ruins and rebuilt blocks. Fallout Denver.

This is what I enjoyed about The Pitt as well. I hope they go with the city idea and have crumbling gigantic skyscraper ruins.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Blunt Force Trauma posted:

So I've always been kind of bad at designing a SPECIAL build in this game and pretty much always end up with 9 int and everything else at 5 but I want to play through as a Unarmed dude. I'm using the XFO mod and have the SPECIAL changes enabled, can anyone give me a SPECIAL layout for melee? Preferably something that doesn't drop int super low because I love skillpoints, but especially with every stat being a much bigger deal I'm kind of lost.

I started something similar, biggest thing which can be kind of counterintutive is that you get NO bonus to your damage unarmed when you have much strength. It literally does nothing. Get a good unarmed weapon (which pop up kind of late) and you can do some serious damage though. I got 10 AGI and clean out with VATS and PN's bullet time and the unholy amount of action points I have, it's fun making enemies fly left and right only using spiked knuckles. Also the 10 AGI really helps out with using guns outside of vats.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 2, 2011

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Make a Fallout game set in the Deep South where you play as a Ghoul and humans setup a makeshift KKK so you have to avoid being lynched by white human supremacists riding motorbikes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SeanBeansShako posted:

Fallout parodies of Titus Pullo and Lucius Vorenus.

I would pay full price for a DLC that adds this and nothing more. Ray Stevenson would probably be more than happy to do it, the guy owns (He's even done voice acting work!)

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

Here loving here. Just hope the next engine they pick is going to allow another GECK, I hate it when game licences pick engines that can't be modded.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Tewratomeh posted:

To put it politely, Bethesda's game engine is... not very good. I don't think that was so much a gameplay decision as an engine limitation. I don't really mind though, since I'm playing on PC and load times take seconds. I've never had a load time longer than 10 seconds, and they're usually 5 or less.

I'm ready for id tech 5 for Fallout: Oregon or whatever. :fap:

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.

boo_radley posted:

I'm ready for id tech 5 for Fallout: Oregon or whatever. :fap:

Fallout 2 started in Oregon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I kinda hope for Fallout 5 to be set in the Commonwealth.